Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-12-2018, 12:08 PM

Moots Routt RSL w Ultegra Di2

The Moots demo truck came through town last week and I got a chance to ride a Routt RSL with Ultegra Di2. The Routt was really nice but what was most impressive was the shifting of the Ultegra Di2. It was in a word PERFECT and that is not a word I use lightly. I have Athena on both of my bikes and it shifts well enough but the Ultegra Di2 is on a whole different level. I never thought that I would be interested in electronic shifting but that Ultegra has me thinking. The Moots bar tape was also super nice.

Last edited by parco; 05-12-2018 at 12:14 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:10 PM

I'd rather have 105 and anything Campy makes. But it's mostly personal preference. Di2 is super nice.

Last edited by rnhood; 05-12-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parco View Post
I never thought that I would be interested in electronic shifting but that Ultegra has me thinking. The Moots bar tape was also super nice.
Just do it!

I saved for quite some time to upgrade my Ultegra 6800 mechanical to DA 9150 Di2, and while I've only ridden about 100k on it at this point, I have to say that it has really taken the enjoyment I get out of riding to a new level.

https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=210513

My Ultegra group worked flawlessly, until it didn't. That is to say, it is a great groupset when it is setup correctly and the cables are relatively fresh. But when shifting starts to degrade, it's a real pain in the ass and significantly detracts from the enjoyment I get out of riding.

I have to say also that the feel and ergonomics of the DA shifters is miles better than the 6800 shifters.