Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds (Cycling Products)

Old 05-22-2019, 01:18 PM

FS: 56 Ciocc from 1980 or 81, and vintage Campy parts (NR, a Victory group, misc)

1980 (or 81?) Ciocc frame/fork/hs. 56cm square, near as I can measure it. Story for the Ciocc is below. $290 + actual shipping. Headset is a new Velo Orange. PM me for photos of more frame details or any of the parts. If prices are off, let me know – I don't know the vintage market.

Custom fillet brazed quill stem, stainless silver brazed lug, 31.8, painted to match Ciocc. $100 with frame, $120 separate. This was a Ceeway kit, a friend who builds frames professionally did the brazing for me. +$30 for the Soma Highway One bars, 31.8 and maybe 42 wide, I'll measure. + shipping for the Soma bar.

Custom threadless stem, 120ish, -17. stainless lug, 1 1/8 and 31.8, can be used with 1" quill adapter, which I think I have one of. $120 with frame, $140 separate. 125? Alpha stem in the photo is $25 shipped.

1980 (or 81?) Nuevo Record group from the Ciocc, with wheelset!, which I'd rather sell all as a group but would consider parting out if there isn't any interest in the lot. $220 + shipping (wheelbox). Note missing ND crankarm! 27.2 seatpost is pictures in the Ciocc frame. I spent a little while polishing it, and its in good shape.

Record platform pedals, spin smoothly, in good shape. $50.

Campagnolo "Victory" group. 170 crankset with 52/42 rings, Italian BB, RD, FD, shifters, brakes, levers, headset. $75 shipped for all. No chainring bolts (though I have some non-Campy ones I could include). Campagnolo "980" Front and Rear der set. $30

Extra 144 bcd rings, no photo yet: Campagnolo 53 t ring, Sugino(?) Drillium 52t ring, Campagnolo 44t, Sugino Aeromighty 44 t. Both the 44t rings look unused. $50 shipped for all 4 rings.

Campagnolo Record high flange rear hub laced to Ritchey Vantage rim, 36 hole, 126 spacing, freewheel. $40 + shipping.

Description of NR group: Record low flange hubs, 32 hole, laced to Mavic MA hard ano rims. They spin nicely. The rear currently has a 13-24 6 speed IRD freewheel on it, which I bought new and has <500 miles on it. Also a Regina Extra "America" 13-18 6 sp freewheel in good shape. Nuevo Record 1983 RD, with newer Shimano jockey wheels. NR braze-on FD in good shape. The original Record headset, which is in mechanically good shape but needs cleanign (it was simpler to put the new VO headset on after the re-paint.). Downtube shifters, BB in good shape (spins smoothly), and brakes. The brake levers are without hoods and have Lots of road rash. The Record crank (170) has 52/42 rings in decent shape, original chainring bolts, newer Campy BB bolts. I only have the drive side - the ND arm had a crack. Includes original Concor saddle if you want it.

I believe the Ciocc is a 1980 or '81 frame. It came to me from the original owner, who raced it in the 80s and claims a 2nd place in the FL state championships as his best result, and he couldn't recall if the frame was from 1980 or 81. Having been raced, it does have a dent in the top tube from a handlebar smack. He put in in a garage ~1991, and then I got it about 2009. When I got the frame it had been given a rattle can paint job to protect it and cover the many paint chips. I had the frame/fork stripped, I filed off the badly corroded top tube brake cable guides and replaced them with brazed on stops, and then the frame/fork were resprayed with auto paint (I think Ford "laser red" was the color being used that day). The decals are not original, they are from ebay. I've ridden it with the original NR group, as a fixed gear, and with 11 spd Athena, but probably only added 1000 miles total in those 3 configurations. Its been a wall hanger for the last year or so.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ciocc right side.jpg (76.5 KB, 340 views)
File Type: jpg Ciocc seat cluster and brake stop.jpg (78.4 KB, 338 views)
File Type: jpg Soma bars custom stem side.jpg (91.1 KB, 339 views)
File Type: jpg Soma bars custom stem.jpg (61.6 KB, 337 views)
File Type: jpg NR group.jpg (108.6 KB, 337 views)
File Type: jpg Victory and 980.jpg (89.7 KB, 338 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1770.jpg (75.0 KB, 338 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1773.jpg (76.8 KB, 334 views)
Old 05-10-2022, 02:47 PM

Realized I still have this box of vintage Campy stuff laying around, and that Ciocc frame is hanging in the garage (its been sprayed with Weigle framesaver). I'll entertain offers....
Old 05-11-2022, 02:06 PM

PM'd.
Old 05-12-2022, 06:48 PM

Victory gruppo sold, pedals sold, rest still around. NR brake levers pretty scratched up - functional but ugly.

Last edited by binouye; 05-17-2022 at 07:39 PM.