Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-13-2004, 04:47 PM
Administrator

I think I need to check on the statue of limitations before exposing myself to all of cyberspace
Old 12-13-2004, 04:49 PM
Feel the Force

Keith- since you have posted pictures of yourself- you may want to remain silent. I am not a lawyer- but I have hired them on occasion - it is always better to remain quiet.

Jason
Old 12-13-2004, 06:02 PM
M_A_Martin

Ah Jason,
It all depends on the situation. Mostly you're right.
And there are a lot of different sorts of lawyers posting to this thread...who knew!

We'll remember this Keith, next year at the TDFL you'll have to fess up!

Right before whoever is giving whatever presentation starts off we'll bring you up front and center and ask the question:
"Ok Keith...how DID the fire get started?"

Old 12-13-2004, 08:12 PM

* favorite bike: My CIII
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 56, table rock road race in southern Oregon, 2006ish
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? None, and none the previous 2 years due to back injury.
* make up and answer at least one additional question: Why do you love cycling? Well, I love geography- visiting places, getting a sense of the landscape, people, etc. Bikes are the best way to see a place- fast enough to cover alot of territory, but not so fast as to miss the details. Also, the bikes themselves, their aesthetics, and the subtle differences between them.

Last edited by bcm119; 06-29-2012 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Been a while
Old 12-13-2004, 08:44 PM

residence: The City of Angels
explanation of handle: Huh? Maybe I should have been more anonymous.
explanation of avatar: N/A
favorite bike: Ottrott ST
bikes in stable: Ottrott ST; mavic101's old Huffy-themed Serotta CSi with TDF lugs; Serotta Concours; 1979 Richard Sachs; Vanilla touring bike (featured on Vanilla's website); 1973 Masi Gran Criterium; 1970 Raleigh; 1980 Suntour Centurion; late 1980's Gary Fisher hybrid. Frames: Strong steel frame; Masi Nouvo Strada, Kelme-themed Bottechia.
Pictures of bikes: Photos of the CSi and Vanilla were previously posted by Mavic101 and Sacha White.
Fastest Speed: 50+ mph on a long descent in the Eastern Sierra Fall Century in 1991 on my Concours.
Number of miles: Maybe a few many more than mavic1010 (?) - 2,500 (?)
Biggest Lie: "Honest, honey. I won't buy another bike."
And something fun: Any bike ride by the Pacific Ocean, but especially bike rides during the winter months when the beach area isn't crowded, the air is cool, but it is very sunny with deep blue and crystal clear skies (a winter-only phenomenon in So Cal). Life doesn't get much better.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:52 PM
Carlo

* where do you live? New Orleans - "hot, humid & flat". I'm originally from Delaware.
* explanation of your handle: I really don't recall.
* explanation of your avatar: N/A
* age (general or specific) 49
* favorite bike: Rivendell Road for long rides, Serotta for anything under 30 miles.
* what's in your stable? Serotta CSI, Riv Road, Riv A/R, Merlin XLM, Masi 3V fixed gear, Colnago Super, a Baylis custom on order, and a hopefully a Sach's in my future! I have a few others as well but those above are the high points.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 38mph flat out on Desire (as in Streetcar Named..) Street when I got lost in the projects in New Orleans.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? I really don't know. Either "not enough" or "too many" depending upon who you ask at our home.
* picture of yourself or your ride? I'll post some to the gallery.
* make up and answer at least one additional question.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told : "Look what I picked up at the garage sale!" I don't do that anymore though, its easier to be up front in the long run.
*Something fun? Every ride is fun in its own way.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:17 PM

where do you live: Santa Cruz (Capitola) Calif.
favorite bike:was my serotta colorado, until I found out I had a cracked top tube.
whats in your stable? broken colorado, xci kestrel, uni-vega carisma, just sold a gary fisher joshua, and some time real soon, a new serotta
fastest speed on bike: 19 mph average up alp d'uez
how many miles: 1500 miles, 1500 beers- I'm a well balanced person
biggest lie: 19 mph average up alp d'uez
something fun: life is fun- cycling, skiing, camping, poker, heck I even like my job- its all good!!
Old 12-13-2004, 11:26 PM

*real name - Dave
* where do you live? Bozeman MT
* explanation of your handle: It's what I seem to answer to most often
* explanation of your avatar: I feel stupid for not having one....I might need a 12 step program to deal with this
* age (general or specific) 42
* favorite bike: a tough one....I don't have it anymore but I think it must be the Roll Fast stingray that my Dad put together for me when I was about 8 years old. He put drop bars on it and set it up as a 3 spd. It had my name on the chainguard in chrome lettering and was British Racing Green. It was my first bike and it opened up the world to me.
* what's in your stable? I own 2 bikes...a Terraplane MRB and a full suspension Ti mountian bike I designed and built for myself a good 8 - 10 years ago. Still a wonderful bike.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 65mph coming down Wilton Mountian Road just north of Saratoga Springs. I came down this thing about 3-4 days a week when I lived there and one could sit up tall on the hoods and still hit 55mph.
* seasonal mileage - I took the computer of the bike last year and it was one of the best things I've ever done.
* picture of yourself or your ride? Like a vampire my image can't be captured on film........or is that reflection in a mirror?
* make up and answer at least one additional question.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told : "I think my car is all done and won't need anymore time or money"
*Something fun? Passing cars on fast mountain descents, caramel ice cream and drifting my old car through an autocross course.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:48 AM

* where do you live? San Carlos, CA
* explanation of your handle: my singular talent
* explanation of your avatar: technology challenged
* favorite bike: Moots Vamoots
* what's in your stable? '03 Vamoots SL, '99 Gary Fisher Big Sur, old Lime Green Diamondback Prevail
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? don't have a computer, but maybe 40-45 descending Alpine Rd West or King's Mtn
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? perhaps 3000-3500.
* make up and answer at least one additional question: How'd you get into cycling? Got scared off from mtn biking by poison oak, so switched to road biking and loved it instantly.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: I just need one more thing for the bike
* and, something fun: Some random things I enjoy: Hiking in the Canadian Rockies, Seychelles, Snowbird, larches in autumn, smell of damp leaves, hiking on fallen pine needles, dumplings, lychees, saskatoon berries, planning next travel adventure, red wine, Calvin & Hobbes, college bball & hockey, brainless video games w/ friends, Chopin, Whose Line is it Anyway?, mullet spotting

Last edited by arsegas; 12-14-2004 at 11:38 PM.
Old 12-14-2004, 05:57 AM
Kevan's Rose

* real name- Sanford
* residence- Rockville, Maryland
* explanation of handle- nickname given to me by my high school football coach
* explanation of avatar- don't have the slightest idea of how to produce one
* age- 64
* occupation- retired, previously operated a family owned wholesale meat business, a zillion years ago taught high school math, now my sole occupation is to antagonize Calfee Kevan
*favorite bike- Serotta Ottrott, but with Serotta CSi a close second (Ottrott fits much better)
*bikes in stable- CSi and Ottrott, Secretariat, Man O'War, Citation, Seabiscuit, Swaps, Native Dancer,Seattle Slew
*pictures of me and bikes- I coudn't fit into any pictures
*fastest speed on a road bike- 46 mph on several hills in the MD area, once going down a hill in West Virginia- would have been much faster, but I slowed down as it was too windy and I was Scared Sandy
*number of miles on a bike last year- 5,800
*biggest lie- I make up so many stories that my daughter doesn't believe me most of the time, about important and meaningful things I never lie
* and something fun- I never have any fun since I live on the Serotta forum, actually- visiting my daughter and her dog Darby, going out to dinner alone with my wife Gloria, interacting with dogs at the shelter, participating in the Serotta forum, riding my bike with people I like and respect
Old 12-14-2004, 07:41 AM
Senior Shmoozer

Ok...... Updated 2-26-10

* real name- Larry
* residence- Queens, NYC
* explanation of handle- That's the name of my company
* explanation of avatar- Me on my mountain bike
* age- as close to 66 as you can get
* occupation- Small business owner, not bike related
http://victoryfactory.com
*favorite bike- Legend
*bikes -2003 Legend Ti, 2000 Atlanta, Serotta steel MTB,
*fastest speed on a road bike- probably around 50-55 coming down from
rabbit ears pass in Colorado on my cross country ride in 1980 (long time ago)

Title: winter sux!

Last edited by victoryfactory; 12-06-2016 at 06:59 AM. Reason: 2016 update
Old 12-14-2004, 10:30 AM
Captain?

*Residence: North Hampton, NH
*Explanation of Handle: Nickname given to me by my sister at age 8.
*Explanation of Avatar: Haven't figured that part out yet.
*Favorite Bike: IF Steel Crown Jewel.
*Bikes in Stable: IF, Serotta CSI, Fuji Tourer.
*I don't do pictures very well.
*Fastest Speed on a bike: I was told 53 mph, down Dixie Mountain, Portland OR. drafting with a truck. Too terrified to look down at my speedo. I should be old enough to know better. The CSI handled like it was on rails.
*Seasonal mileage: About 3500. Depending on how my knees hold up.
*Not much of a lier. Too much of a space shot to remember who I said what to.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:27 PM
the antiviper

* real name: David. And my last name starts with an "S". That's all you're getting.
* where do you live? Boston. Dorchester, to be exact. 16 years in the same place.
* explanation of your handle:David. And my last name starts with an "S". That's all you're getting. Is there an echo in here?
* explanation of your avatar: It's a Steel Axiom. Not my Steel Axiom, but close enough...
* age (general or specific): 44
* favorite bike: My next one. (I stole this excellent answer from dirtdigger. Thank you!)
* what's in your stable? a 1999 Seven Steel Axiom, a 2001 Klein Adept (with hardly an orginal part left), and a late-90s Fisher Tassajara, now set up for commuting and general heavy-duty city riding.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Right around 50 mph, on a parkway hill near my mom's house in Cleveland this March. The temperature was just above freezing, and so was I!
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? Around 2,500, if you don't count the tedious miles on my trainer all winter long.
* picture of yourself or your ride? The Seven The Klein. No pics of the Fisher. You're not missing too much.
* make up and answer at least one additional question.Three of the eight bikes I've owned as an adult have been stolen. Only one was my fault.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told? I better not take this question too seriously. Umm. "No, I'm not a virgin!"
* and, something fun. I am a big fan of, and very knowledgable about, Rock and Roll. I believe the three greatest rock bands were the Beatles, the Velvet Underground, and the Clash. All my esthetic judgements (which are correct, by the way!) can be traced back to that statement.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:22 PM

Name: Don
Resides: Boynton Beach, FL (between Palm Beach and Boca Raton)
Favorite Bike: 2004 Legend
Stable of Bikes: Legend, Bridgestone RB-1, Bridgestone XO-1
Fastest Road Speed: 31.2 on Florida road (2004), 37 downhill in Wisconsin with bent rim (1998)
How Many Miles: Crossed 5,000 this morning
Make Up and Answer One Question: Can cyclists ever gain respect from municipal agencies and motorists? Yes, providing they're willing to support their sport by demonstrating courteous and legal riding habits!
Biggest Lie: I don't lie
Something Fun: Continuing work as a cycling advocate. Board member of Florida Bicycle Association and Safe Bicycling Coalition of Palm Beach County
Old 12-14-2004, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids
* real name: David. And my last name starts with an "S". That's all you're getting.
* where do you live? Boston. Dorchester, to be exact. 16 years in the same place.
* explanation of your handle:David. And my last name starts with an "S". That's all you're getting. Is there an echo in here?
* explanation of your avatar: It's a Steel Axiom. Not my Steel Axiom, but close enough...
* age (general or specific): 44
* favorite bike: My next one. (I stole this excellent answer from dirtdigger. Thank you!)
* what's in your stable? a 1999 Seven Steel Axiom, a 2001 Klein Adept (with hardly an orginal part left), and a late-90s Fisher Tassajara, now set up for commuting and general heavy-duty city riding.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Right around 50 mph, on a parkway hill near my mom's house in Cleveland this March. The temperature was just above freezing, and so was I!
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? Around 2,500, if you don't count the tedious miles on my trainer all winter long.
* picture of yourself or your ride? The Seven The Klein. No pics of the Fisher. You're not missing too much.
* make up and answer at least one additional question.Three of the eight bikes I've owned as an adult have been stolen. Only one was my fault.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told? I better not take this question too seriously. Umm. "No, I'm not a virgin!"
* and, something fun. I am a big fan of, and very knowledgable about, Rock and Roll. I believe the three greatest rock bands were the Beatles, the Velvet Underground, and the Clash. All my esthetic judgements (which are correct, by the way!) can be traced back to that statement.
I'm gonna have to say Beatles, Stones, CCR. Jeff N.