Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-15-2022, 07:34 PM
NJ/NashV/PDX

I popped over to the PO. They have a separate software system that can show where the carrier was on earth when he/she marked it delivered in the hand held. Separate from the tracking system with the tracking # etc.

About 45 minutes later the supervisor rang my bell and handed it to me..
Old 08-15-2022, 07:36 PM

have had two different scenarios...

notified pkg delivered when it wasn't, showed up the following day.

notified pkg delivered, never got it. filed a dispute with PayPal and they sided with seller since there was a notice of delivery. luckily, it was a small $25 item, so not a huge loss...still annoying tho.
Old 08-16-2022, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seramount View Post
have had two different scenarios...

notified pkg delivered when it wasn't, showed up the following day.

notified pkg delivered, never got it. filed a dispute with PayPal and they sided with seller since there was a notice of delivery. luckily, it was a small $25 item, so not a huge loss...still annoying tho.
I had a similar experience, only I was the seller. EBAY sided with the buyer even though there was a delivery notification with signature required. Buyer stated the package was empty. Unfortunately for him, I had video and pics of every step of the packing process (because it was extremely fragile) and made certain to get a weight of the packed item at home (digital scale) and a picture, and then same at USPS. EBAY performed an 'investigation' and reversed the decision. I am very careful whenever I sell and ship anything worth more than a few bucks - typically if it is worth less than ~100 bucks I'll give it to a family I know from El Salvador and let them sell, keep, or trade it, unless it is something 'market specific' where they would not know what to do. It sucks as EBAY is no longer a great place to find deals or to sell your items and know the buyer will be excited to get it. In short, it is very difficult to find where to file a claim. I should have kept notes... Digital pics are free and easy; When selling take lots. It may sound like overkill, but getting a weight is important, as is making sure you have insurance. In your case, Ring camera?

Last edited by Dekonick; 08-16-2022 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-17-2022, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinzerniner View Post
I’ve had this happen a few times, and in most cases it’s the driver marking the item as delivered to meet their internal delivery quotas without actually delivering the items. But the item would arrive a day or two later.

So be patient, but definitely sign up for alerts and email or put in a general inquiry just to cover your bases at USPS.
Ive found that this is really common in some ZIPs and less in others, but yeah this is probably what happened