Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-05-2016, 03:56 PM

AnotherPositive Friday

I rode my bike into work this morning and it was cold, grey, and blah. Then walking out to my bus ( I am a school bus driver) I saw other drivers doing there pre trip and talking and laughing at O dark thirty in the morning and thought "I love my job." When I finished my route the sun was up and it was turning out to be a beautiful day. I rode the long way home climbing a few of our hills on my loop home which upon arriving home 2 hours later I had a great second breakfast early lunch took a nap and now I am heading back out for my afternoon route to take the kids home.
Have a great Friday
Old 02-19-2016, 07:41 AM
Administrator

FRIDAY!

There is just some je ne sais quoi about Fridays in a big, bustling city. Something not tangible that you can point to or put your hands on, but a different energy. The usual 1000 mile stares I get from people on the train are replaced with a spark of anticipation, the weekend is near. Just make it through the day man, just make it through the day.

This weekend is supposed to be in the 50's here, and I hope to get my newly overhauled bike out on the roads and stretch the legs in the fresh air for the first time in many weeks. Thoroughly excited by the prospect. I've also got a pretty substantial home improvement project in the works, which I'll hammer on (literally) a bit this weekend.

Going to stop at the store on the way home and get a few decent bottles of vino for a small dinner party tomorrow night. My wife gets excited about cooking so I'm anticipating what will be whipped up for food.

Life is good friends. Especially on Friday.

What are you up to?

Old 02-19-2016, 08:02 AM

Tonight. Taking care of my wife who has caught a cold and not catching her cold. Positively fingers crossed.

Tomorrow morning, errands, followed by replacing the water pump on my daily driver. Looking forward to running it without grinding noises and the return of redline shift points!

Tomorrow afternoon... 40 miles of mixed pavement, gravel, and dirt road riding with friends.

Tomorrow evening, dinner out (if my lovely wife is feeling up to it) with my neighbor, friend, and local bike shop owner and his girlfriend. Can we actually converse without it being 99% bikes and cars? We shall see.

Sunday, working with Dad on the racecars in my little heated garage. Looking forward to racing season.
Old 02-19-2016, 08:26 AM
extremely tall

Getting in the car at noon and heading up to Montreal. Ready to see some great art, eat some great food, and get my nose out of my computer for a couple of days. Supposed to be pretty warm, so the plan is to start walking and see what we find.

Can't wait.
Old 02-19-2016, 09:57 AM
The B!

Doing a little skimoing (ski mountaineering) tomorrow with a bro/teammate... training for the spring season steadily approaching, gonna benefit from a little altitude blood boost! Avalanche hazard is really high, and its been too stormy and cold for any decent climbing routes to be "in" right now, so were just gonna skin up to a monolith ive been trying to get him to climb with me and scope the route... Have lunch n drinks at 9500', maybe take a nap if weather is pleasant, and head back down in time for dinner

Should be a great day
Old 02-19-2016, 09:58 AM
The B!

Meant to get a ride in this morning before work, but i freaken fell back to sleep after i shut the alarm off! No time now... But on the positive attitude side; i got an extra 1.5 hour sleep!
Old 02-19-2016, 10:06 AM

Just spent 3 days this week with my 4 1/2 mo old grandson while my daughter-in-law traveled for work. Best.Gig.Ever.

PS. He's now totally informed about the Spring Classics

And I got outside on my #1 road bike yesterday when I returned home. Life is good.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:09 AM

There's a JP Weigle in the mail for me today. A grail bike for me, the result of a year of searching. excited like a kid for Christmas
Old 02-19-2016, 10:21 AM

My son is a week old today. He is sleeping quietly in a little automatic rocker thingy that my cousin gifted to us and I just finished making some very good homemade chili which I am enjoying while watching the little turnip sleep, how can it get any better than this?
Old 02-19-2016, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet sanchez View Post
My son is a week old today. He is sleeping quietly in a little automatic rocker thingy that my cousin gifted to us and I just finished making some very good homemade chili which I am enjoying while watching the little turnip sleep, how can it get any better than this?
hey cool man! they're too easy when they're that old - they actually stay where you put them.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:55 AM

Got a very difficult project to succeed on Wednesday. I'm feeling more and more confident about changing careers. I've found a good lady and we're growing together and steaming towards what I'd call living our dreams. We've I'vestill got plenty ground to cover, plenty of folks to reconnect with and lots of new people to meet. Yet, in the meantime I have a week off of skiing ahead of me and am thankful of that.

BR,

~D
Old 02-19-2016, 02:01 PM

I woke up to this:

and took some new pictures of this:

And, I just finished riding this, in the middle of February and it was 80 degrees!

Gonna be a good day.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:20 PM

Coffee Fridays

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
FRIDAY!

There is just some je ne sais quoi about Fridays in a big, bustling city. Something not tangible that you can point to or put your hands on, but a different energy. The usual 1000 mile stares I get from people on the train are replaced with a spark of anticipation, the weekend is near. Just make it through the day man, just make it through the day.
Agree about the Fridays in a big city. Also just finished up the bag of La Colombe Nizza that I brought back to PDX with the move from NYC. Great stuff!

Replaced the group gasket on the espresso machine last night (Rancilio Silvia) and gave the brew parts a good soak. Can't believe what the water has been flowing through for the past while, but anyways cheers to a cleaner cup of coffee this morning!

Awaiting a SS freewheel tool in the mail to work on the commuter - been a rainy, grimy week here in PDX. Looks clear-ish tomorrow, will hopefully take the roadie out for the first time in a while.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Another FRIDAY!

Wrapping up another great week. As my feet hit the ground this morning, my legs are trashed. I took advantage of the fantastic weather yesterday and rode my fixed moots 40 hilly miles. Started off sunny and rode right into the darkness. Truly a great ride. Fitness is coming back, but a lot of rolling hills and fixed gear wake the legs right up.

Weather looks to be good this weekend for some more time on the bike. Today is actually my wife's birthday and we have reservations at one of our favorite restaurants. Looking forward to a great weekend!
Old 03-11-2016, 08:50 AM

Another friday off...actually I'm off all week for spring break!

The weather is absolutely gorgeous, but I won't be able to ride till tomorrow.

Building my dream bike today. Got everything ready to assemble. Spent nearly a year gathering parts and Godwilling today is the day.

Hope to have some pictures up in the gallery by days end.

Happy Friday, gents.