Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-24-2015, 09:36 AM
Epic=No Smiles

Positive Tuesday

So I'm standing on the corner of West Street today, on the way to work, when a bracing wind hits me and I suddenly feel overwhelmed with gratitude to be alive, have a happy, healthy family, a nice, safe home in a great country, and an fun, interesting job. Happy thanksgiving, indeed.

And just as I'm thinking that, I laugh out loud, as I see this pair come wheeling across the street. All I could think was, "At some point, he had to look at the briefcase rack, look at his kid, and think, "Hmmm...." Best. Commuter. Dad. Ever.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:54 AM
Administrator

great picture C.

that should be ad copy for citibike. that's what it's all about right there.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:45 AM
Administrator

Working on what can only be described as an EPIC hangover, but still - glad to be alive

It's a stunningly beautiful December morning here in NYC, upper 40's wcich is amazing for this time of year. I'm drinking a mind blowingly awesome americano right now, looking forward to a relaxing weekend. might get the bike out one day hopefully, and even more hopeful i'll be able to drag the ducati out and get the oil flowing a little.

how's everyone else doing today?

Old 12-04-2015, 08:20 AM
Kind of OK

It's going to be a lean Christmas for us. The top heavy economy and the general hatred for government employees have taken their toll. Yet, for some reason I'm in better "Christmas Spirit" than this unbeliever has a right to be or has been in for decades. Must be a Bob Cratchit thing.
I have an incredible family. I live in a nice little house in a cool city. I can (and do) ride anytime I want. My dog dances around like a fool when I get home. My daughter is turning out to be to be a inordinately cool person. I love my wife more today than I did yesterday. Even more tomorrow.
I have friends.

Merry Christmas.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Moon View Post
It's going to be a lean Christmas for us. The top heavy economy and the general hatred for government employees have taken their toll. Yet, for some reason I'm in better "Christmas Spirit" than this unbeliever has a right to be or has been in for decades. Must be a Bob Cratchit thing.
I have an incredible family. I live in a nice little house in a cool city. I can (and do) ride anytime I want. My dog dances around like a fool when I get home. My daughter is turning out to be to be a inordinately cool person. I love my wife more today than I did yesterday. Even more tomorrow.
I have friends.

Merry Christmas.
GREAT post.

Christmas, and any holiday really, shouldn't be measured by how much $$ you spend. family and friends are most important. you've got it right Lewis.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:16 AM

Mrs. Wurst told me our nephew called to ask if he and our niece could come up and spend a few days for the Holiday. I replied there is really no reason for him to ask. They are always welcome. Things just keep getting better. Now we'll have both kids and their cousins at the house. Life is good.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankwurst View Post
Mrs. Wurst told me our nephew called to ask if he and our niece could come up and spend a few days for the Holiday. I replied there is really no reason for him to ask. They are always welcome. Things just keep getting better. Now we'll have both kids and their cousins at the house. Life is good.
very cool. where do you live Frank?
Old 12-04-2015, 09:36 AM

The land of the great chill factor. Northern Wisconsin. Like I've said before....the only thing separating us from the polar ice cap is a barbed wire fence.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:37 AM

My telework day today - no 55-mi-one-way-insane-not-infrequent-2-hr-return-trip-commute for me today. Nice day shaping up. Might grab me some miles around mid-day. PLUS - I just received in the mail this morning a beautiful NOS 3TTT 'Status' quill stem for a new De Rosa Primato. This thing is really nice, and it came in a pizza box!

Old 12-04-2015, 09:50 AM

That's one cool look'n stem!

Learned this morning one of best friends daughters just delivered her first child without complications. All involved are healthy and resting from a hard nights journey into morning. Best news I've gotten in weeks!

The weather up here in the frozen north is still so mild we're gonna get in two more days of road riding with the big group the weekend. Thank you El Nino.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Moon View Post
I have friends.

Merry Christmas.
I second this post as the best post. cheers!
Old 01-22-2016, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Another Friday!

Indeed a positive start to the day for me too. Probably not the healthiest way to begin the day, but when the waffle truck comes to town, you've got to hop on!

when i'm walking to work on a calm wind morning, you can smell the presence of this truck from a few blocks away. the smell sets up the anticipation. the thought of warm waffles and gooey awesome nutella on a cold morning is just too much to resist. i heart nutella waffles!

Old 01-22-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
Another Friday!

Indeed a positive start to the day for me too. Probably not the healthiest way to begin the day, but when the waffle truck comes to town, you've got to hop on!

when i'm walking to work on a calm wind morning, you can smell the presence of this truck from a few blocks away. the smell sets up the anticipation. the thought of warm waffles and gooey awesome nutella on a cold morning is just too much to resist. i heart nutella waffles!

I know that truck!

Today's my last day at my current job. On February 1st I start a new position with a company I'm really excited about- it's smaller, operates in an industry (education) I've been attracted to for a while, and- this was a big one for me- is not-for-profit.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrs View Post
On February 1st I start a new position with a company I'm really excited about- i
congratulations on that.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:16 AM
The B!

Happy Friday!

Taking a half-day today, to help my oldest finish up his last Pinewood Derby car ever... race is tomorrow, his Arrow of Light ceremony is next month

We usually do pretty good, but this year we got downright scientific about it. I expect his car will absolutely dominate.