Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-24-2020, 05:46 PM
formerly Landshark_98

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiretrax View Post
The OP had a recent transaction
Not the OP rather a new poster on the forum who dug up a 7 year old thread to post about a bad transaction whereas all the older posts were positive. Maybe things have gone south, and buying a Peg should certainly be a joyous one not what this poster described.

There was a lot going on with the existing inventory of Peg's after Dario's death though - would be interested in knowing if this was a frame caught up in all of that or a new frame out of the Pegoretti workshop. In any event it would be good to know if others have had good/bad experiences recently as Kyle has been a consistent presence on the internet re Peg frames and forks.
Old 01-25-2020, 09:41 AM

I bought a Falz 2 from them for my Respo. Nice shop, very accomodating, no issues. I believe they've been affiliated with Peg for some time...
Old 01-25-2020, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtayBW View Post
I bought a Falz 2 from them for my Respo. Nice shop, very accomodating, no issues. I believe they've been affiliated with Peg for some time...
Exact same purchase and experience for me. Zero complaints.

Why is this thread even going right now? The fact that the original post was seven years ago and the shop is still there doing business tells me they're doing something right.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv_vt View Post

Why is this thread even going right now? The fact that the original post was seven years ago and the shop is still there doing business tells me they're doing something right.
Because some dude had an argument with a shop owner and tried to weaponize an internet forum to seek revenge. That's the way some do business in the woke/cancel culture of 2020.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:02 AM

I sent a PM for more details but eh whatever

the 'review' is posted here too

i guess the poster joined just to post it

https://forums.roadbikereview.com/ho...re-145756.html
Old 01-25-2020, 11:08 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umj0gu5nEGs
Old 01-25-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fignon's barber View Post
Because some dude had an argument with a shop owner and tried to weaponize an internet forum to seek revenge. That's the way some do business in the woke/cancel culture of 2020.
That's a really interesting response. I had to mull it over a bit. I think you're on to something. I know quite a view business owners who can't stand "Yelp." Whatever good PR results from their listing, they live in constant fear from the (potentially) unwarranted bad PR that a disgruntled reviewer can leave.

But, for the sake of playing Devil's Advocate, assuming you had a really bad experience with a bike shop/parts manufacturer/bike builder, etc..., and assuming you went through the proper channels to remedy the situation, would you not be justified in posting about your experiences on a bike forum? I don't have the answer to that.

I've never left a bad review on any type of public forum. Mostly, because I don't think any of my experiences warranted it, but also because I'm a small business owner, so I have a lot of empathy for people in similar situations.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:23 AM

Cycles Bikyle feedback...

Necro thread, so I will add my $0.02.

Bought my Peg Responsorium through them. Other than getting a silver D11 headset when I asked for black, the experience was great. Fast shipping (GITA to them in PA, then to me in VA), and the chased and faced the usual spots before it got to my hands.

Last edited by nobuseri; 01-25-2020 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
But, for the sake of playing Devil's Advocate, assuming you had a really bad experience with a bike shop/parts manufacturer/bike builder, etc..., and assuming you went through the proper channels to remedy the situation, would you not be justified in posting about your experiences on a bike forum? I don't have the answer to that.
Slightly OT: I bought a fairly expensive uke a while ago that came to me from the builder defective (the top developed a split within a week after I took possession). The builder went dark, and when I POLITELY inquired within the appropriate section on the principal uke forum - with no names mentioned - the response was very noncommittal, bordering to implicit support for the builder. I would have been justified in outting this bozo, but I went in with the spirit of inquiring to 'the experts' and left with with no useful information coming of that.

This really does stick in my craw, though....
Old 01-25-2020, 11:28 AM

Quote:
I chose not to post when it occurred but I had a less than perfect experience trying to get a Falz2 from them. I won't say it was awful and I'm not going to consider them in the future, but it wasn't how I expect to be treated.

Long story, poor communication was the issue, the product was exactly as described and the shipping was secure - so secure it's still in the shipping box.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Slightly OT: I bought a fairly expensive uke a while ago that came to me from the builder defective (the top developed a split within a week after I took possession). The builder went dark, and when I POLITELY inquired within the appropriate section on the principal uke forum - with no names mentioned - the response was very noncommittal, bordering to implicit support for the builder. I would have been justified in outting this bozo, but I went in with the spirit of inquiring to 'the experts' and left with with no useful information coming of that.

This really does stick in my craw, though....
Well, I think this illustrates my point. There's a really stark line between vindictive and educational. We don't know enough about the recently posted transaction to know the difference. It sounds like you exhausted all the remedies available to you, so you might have been justified in doing a social media "rant" ….
Old 01-25-2020, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Well, I think this illustrates my point. There's a really stark line between vindictive and educational. We don't know enough about the recently posted transaction to know the difference. It sounds like you exhausted all the remedies available to you, so you might have been justified in doing a social media "rant" ….
That still may happen, but if it does, I can tell you that it will happen out of what I might call 'tempered righteous indignation' rather than short-term emotional venting....
Old 01-25-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
That still may happen, but if it does, I can tell you that it will happen out of what I might call 'tempered righteous indignation' rather than short-term emotional venting....
There's a term for this. It's called "tweeting."
Old 01-25-2020, 11:36 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure where to draw the line either, but I do tend to view these type of complaints differently if A- it's a longtime user of the forum vs. B- it's a new user who has signed up for the purpose of complaining about a transaction.

I'm honestly not sure if that's justified or not, just my own 2 cents...
Old 01-25-2020, 11:38 AM

Quote:
There's a term for this. It's called "tweeting."
Nah - I do not equate the two at all....