Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-22-2020, 10:50 AM

Talked to FedEx again and they don't have an answer yet, said they are still investigating. I sent Merlin Cycles an email asking for reimbursement or to ship another pair. Glad this is something I don't need anytime soon.
Old 01-22-2020, 01:22 PM

I bought some stuff from Wiggle and it was being shipped from the UK, the tracking stopped responding after the first couple days and it took about 2 weeks after that for the package to actually be delivered.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:48 PM

Funny, I got a call from John Kucharik yesterday-an Assos jersey I mailed in October arrived yesterday, box mangled, as was the check; luckily I put my phone on the memo line, almost never do that, and it was sorta readable.
Old 01-25-2020, 05:44 PM

A final update. FedEx called yesterday and said sorry we lost your package and have know idea where it is. They told me to contact seller and have them submit a claim. Guess what showed up today, yep I got my missing Sidis. I now have happy feet.
Old 01-25-2020, 05:52 PM
Small ring

Stuff is rarely lost, it just takes a detour.

I got Sidi insoles from the UK a full 6 mos after a claim was paid. Labels get smudged, people read them incorrectly. It usually works out.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmudshark View Post
Stuff is rarely lost, it just takes a detour.

I got Sidi insoles from the UK a full 6 mos after a claim was paid. Labels get smudged, people read them incorrectly. It usually works out.
I shipped a bike via Fedex Ground in a Trico Ironcase. Original Fedex tag got detached from the box. Dispatch called the number written on the box (mine), asked me for a tracking number.

Bike was well insured, and it was my "travel" bike. Oh well.

Since then I've put two copies of the shipping label on the Trico...one on the hanging envelope thingie, and a second taped to the box. If both are detached, my phone number is still on the box...
Hot Tubes
LiteSpeed
SpeshFatboy
Old 01-25-2020, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaMtbRider View Post
Talked to FedEx again and they don't have an answer yet, said they are still investigating. I sent Merlin Cycles an email asking for reimbursement or to ship another pair. Glad this is something I don't need anytime soon.
I have had similar hassles with Merlin before

Mainly because they were using TrakPak to forward packages from what ever shipper to USPS
It does finally show as yours did but ...........slow

Half the time TrakPak would readdress the package with a new zip code? I dont know why.
Then Merlin tells me just drive to that city & get it as it was addressed to a PO Box @ xxxxx zip code

Of course the owner of the PO box at THAT zip code took the package & was a hassle getting it back

Finally I just had charges reversed on my business credit card

Merlin was really unhelpful with that one

I will say other times when buying Campagnolo groupset from Merlin delivery was quick & painless when not using TrakPak