Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-25-2020, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
I'm not sure where to draw the line either, but I do tend to view these type of complaints differently if A- it's a longtime user of the forum vs. B- it's a new user who has signed up for the purpose of complaining about a transaction.

I'm honestly not sure if that's justified or not, just my own 2 cents...
Good point.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
I'm not sure where to draw the line either, but I do tend to view these type of complaints differently if A- it's a longtime user of the forum vs. B- it's a new user who has signed up for the purpose of complaining about a transaction.

I'm honestly not sure if that's justified or not, just my own 2 cents...
Fair point. That was actually some of the feedback that I got on that uke forum. Too new and I got dinged for that. I'm not new any longer......
Old 01-25-2020, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
There's a really stark line between vindictive and educational..
Yeah, I think as the internet has evolved (or devolved), I've developed my own personal way I view this kind of stuff. I disregard nonspecific attacks like the one in this thread. To me, looks like the guy went on some kind of revenge campaign. There's no useful info there.
An example of a useful review: I read a review of a popular local pizza place where the customer posted about a pizza he received at the restaurant. The pizza arrived at the table with a used band aid baked into it (cell phone photo attached!) and described the confrontational back and forth with the owner. Useful review, as it alerted those not into that sort of thing to avoid.
Old 01-25-2020, 01:20 PM

As I was the OP back in 2013...
I have since bought 3 pegs from them with another on order.
A few forks and posts.
They are all custom and a couple were difficult to get.
Each time they under promised and over delivered.
Even my BLE and Day is done which were seemingly impossible to order came in a timely fashion with good communication. Pricing was fair and they do a fair amount of frame prep before shipping which is rare compared to even small custom builders these days.
I do think sometimes the communication in the past from Pegoretti was a bit vague and inconsistent in terms of promise times and availability. Not sure if this has improved lately but tough to hang that on Kyle.
If anything I found his ability to get a custom order through to Dario better than others
Just my 2 cents to close the 7 yr loop
Old 01-25-2020, 01:20 PM
ferro verum est

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldav View Post
I ordered a bike (custom Peg) through this shop. The process should have been special, but instead it was anything but. This shop is deceptive, disingenuous and disinterested in providing anything in the way of customer service that runs counter to its established business practices (the final price was 9% over because of an undocumented fee the shop slipped in; an offer to split the difference of the disputed amount was rejected out of hand by Kyle Schmeer, the shop owner). An awful shop in every way. Shop here at peril to your sensibilities and savings. If decide to buy a bike from this shop after reading this, just make sure you get *everything* in writing. You might get the bike you want, but the process will rob you of the joy.

If you'd like more info, you're welcome to PM me.
9% doesn't sound like much but even for a Duende that's $300–that wasn't a tax/shipping/importation fee was it?