Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-27-2021, 02:12 PM

Charleston bike shops

Have a buddy who’s daughter is at the submarine school. She’s in Mt. Pleasant and she wants to do some riding. Probably a cheap mtn bike or hybrid. He’s going out this weekend. Any recommendations for a good shop?
Old 04-27-2021, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Have a buddy who’s daughter is at the submarine school. She’s in Mt. Pleasant and she wants to do some riding. Probably a cheap mtn bike or hybrid. He’s going out this weekend. Any recommendations for a good shop?
I live in Mount Pleasant and can assist.

Ride often with people in nuke school. There is a fairly robust cycling group here. Everything from the baggy wearing mtb guys, Gravel Rides, Tri-Athletes to serious road guys. Gravel riding has become very popular as we have the Francis Marion National Forest with miles of dirt/gravel roads. There is a group of about 30-40 that meet Sunday mornings for "Dirt Church". Three different groups with a fairly large female population.

Here is the run down on shops. I know owner/mgr of all the shops in the area and you really can't go wrong with any of them.

Trek Store in Mount Pleasant-Sells Treks, great for all types of bikes. Nothing used. Probably the largest of the shops.
Cooper River Cycles on Daniel Island-Focus on MTB crowd but may have some road/hybrid
RideBikes in West Ashley-Cannondale, Scott bikes sponsors local race team. May have some used bikes
Charleston Bicycle Company in West Ashley-BMC, Bianchi-all around bikes. Sponsors other race team
Bicycle Shoppe Mount Pleasant[/B]-Specialized. Probably the least cycling community involved shop in town however still good people. Probably more along casual cyclist

Feel free to private message me and I am happy to give my number for any other questions.

Robby
Old 04-27-2021, 02:55 PM

Thanks! That’s super helpful. I’ll pass this on.
Old 04-27-2021, 03:20 PM

The area has certainly changed since I lived there 92-96. I was teaching nukes at NPTU and racing for the Bicycle Shoppe team which was based out of the downtown location. My son did some Ridebikes rides after Christmas when he was in the area visiting relatives.