Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-31-2023, 08:39 AM

Dura Ace 9000 right shifter body compatability

My DA 9000 right shifter has a crack in the body. I am looking for options to replace the body I have been told that other shifter groups have a compatible body and I could use it for parts. I have not been able to find a list of which bodies are compatible with the 9000 shifters. Does anyone know which are compatible?
Old 03-31-2023, 08:55 AM

The best place to look for this kind of information is the Shimano technical documentation site: https://si.shimano.com/en/. If you search the Exploded Views (EVs), you can find the part numbers for the lever bodies. To the best of my knowledge, the lever bodies for Dura Ace 9000 and 9001 are specific to that product line and are not compatible with other product lines such as Ultegra or 105. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Greg
Old 03-31-2023, 09:50 AM

Thanks Greg - that was helpful. I found the part number and a replacement on ebay at a price I considered reasonable. Hopefully it is not too complicated to make the repair. Stay tuned for a "help me figure this out" post in a couple weeks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregL View Post
The best place to look for this kind of information is the Shimano technical documentation site: https://si.shimano.com/en/. If you search the Exploded Views (EVs), you can find the part numbers for the lever bodies. To the best of my knowledge, the lever bodies for Dura Ace 9000 and 9001 are specific to that product line and are not compatible with other product lines such as Ultegra or 105. I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Greg
Old 04-01-2023, 10:52 AM

Thanks
Old 04-02-2023, 06:29 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregL View Post

Greg
Nope, you are right. shimano has always been described as 'designing in triangles'. The DA dudes and dudettes don't talk to the ultegra people, who don't talk to the 105 people, etc. Why even simple things, like hoods, aren't inter compatible. AND even running changes w/i a component level, like from 7800-7810-7850 or 7800-7900, even both 10s, the the small bits don't convey(7900 front der). You would think it would be cheaper to say, make the design such that the hoods could be swapped but...