Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-01-2023, 07:40 AM

acid reflux while sleeping -- bed risers

i put 2" risers under the upper feet at the head of our bed. that slight angle is enough to minimize/eliminate my acid-reflux while sleeping. plus is that its such a slight angle visually you dont notice it.

i'll pop a nexium after a particularly rich meal out...but that's an exception.

Last edited by wallymann; 04-01-2023 at 07:44 AM.
Old 04-01-2023, 08:40 AM

Do you get it biking or all the time?
Old 04-01-2023, 09:20 AM

Acid reflux/GERD

There is so much good info and great suggestions on this post. I am of the belief that all that has been said is pertinent and important. I found after some suggestions from a riding friend that removing/reducing gluten from my diet helped. After much trial and error with a food journal I figured out that the trigger for me was a CLIF bar. I used to MTB a lot, now mostly road, but I would have a few of the CLIF bars in my bag for a quick energy boost. I would come home with pain radiating from the bottom of my stomach to almost my neck. I could literally beat on my chest and hear a bubbling sound and move the pain around. After I stubbornly resisted the food journal idea for awhile, I finally gave in and started tracking when I ate what. After eliminating the energy bars and similar foods, pain has been gone for quite a few years. This does not work for everybody, I know. Many folks have it worse than I did and I feel for them. But a food/activity journal might give someone a starting point for times of day, foods, activities, etc. to see if any pattern will present itself. Best wishes on a fix for this.