Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-19-2018, 07:52 AM

Rapha EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

I know a lot of negative comments fly around about Rapha but wanted to share my recent conversation with them.

I was gifted a pair of long finger Pro Gloves a few years ago. They developed a rip in the cuff. I did the online chat with Rapha looking to use their repair service. I had no receipt record or purchase record.

The CS (customer service) rep asked when it was purchased. I said it was a gift a couple years ago. She asked for me to send pics over of the damage. Quick response for CS, it is not repairable and sorry for the damage. Here is $50 to use towards your next purchase at Rapha. No min price requirement just $50 to use freely.

I was amazed at the care and promptness they expressed. I was not looking for anything but a repair but they went above and beyond! Cheers to Rapha and they have at least 1 customer for life.

Last edited by huck*this; 03-19-2018 at 08:01 AM.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:55 PM

I have always had fantastic CS with Rapha. Always fast, always right the first time.
+1 for Rapha.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:06 PM

I agree Rapha customer service is excellent
Old 03-19-2018, 02:13 PM

Rapha CS has always been pretty killer.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:15 PM
aka RAEKWON

agreed as well, people here love to talk trash on rapha but most never even tried it. Great products, great CS.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
agreed as well, people here love to talk trash on rapha but most never even tried it. Great products, great CS.
Agree Rapha is good, but like the above bolded section, their marketing rather likes to assume facts not in evidence or make verbose claims. Perhaps that gets up people's noses a little...?
Old 03-19-2018, 07:04 PM

They are top notch.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:35 PM
v a n i l l a

I have found them to be more than reasonable when I needed help with an issue.

One thing everyone should be aware of thought is their IT systems still are not the greatest. so don't wait until day 89 of the 90 day return window to send something back. plan on making sure they have it in their possession before the 90 calendar days elapses.

I am on record as a fan, but also noting that not everything they make is "the best"

they have had plenty of fails....especially now that there is a plethora of products. by and large though, the products are well made and last a loooong time.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:48 PM

I’ve had mixed experiences. I think it comes down to the employee you are talking to.. which can be a little frustrating. I tried returning a gift once and the phone CS rep wouldn’t credit me the return since it was a gift. The next day on their online Chat I had a CS agent happily credit me for the return with no issue. Turned out alright in the end and my other transactions were good. I’m glad to hear people have had good experiences dealing with products that don’t hold up.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:32 AM

I had the same experience with them. An item I purchased developed a small tear in one of the seams the first time I washed it. I chatted with them and they immediately sent a replacement to me. The whole process was probably 2 minutes.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:09 PM

50/50 on their CS. Online/Phone service is fantastic. It doesn't matter if you've had the product for 10 years or 20 minutes, their disposition remains the same. No issues with repairs, returns, etc.

Now once you hit the store...all kinds of issues when it comes to a return. At least at the LA store. I purchased a product, tried it on a few days later, figured it wasn't what I needed, and tried to return it. It was brand new, just lacking the plastic bag and the tag. The associate spent more time looking at the product to see if it was "used" versus attempting to make any accommodation.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:14 PM
v a n i l l a

Rapha EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Last edited by pdmtong; 03-21-2018 at 08:55 AM.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:29 PM

Nobody's making comparisons. Even if it was used, Rapha still accepts the return, I just found it odd that they wouldn't take it. The other store locations is the same as online: no fuss

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2018, 05:57 PM

I've found that:

On average they're way more expensive than other places for the same quality.

Sometimes their product is better than anything else out there (kinda rare though - but their Tommy Simpson Aero Jersey is just amazing, they used to do these amazing merino socks)

Sometimes their product is really quite inferior (their bibs compared to cuore bibs as an example - cuore bibs are a million miles better, the rapha ones are not even up to DHB standards)

But, that price premium gets you something - it doesn't necessarily get you product quality, but it does get you service - when they mess it up they have been very good at making it right for me. They use very fast shipping options. Their packaging is superlative.

Would I recommend people buy Rapha? Yes, but only on sale.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:16 PM
v a n i l l a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheosibal View Post
Nobody's making comparisons. Even if it was used, Rapha still accepts the return, I just found it odd that they wouldn't take it. The other store locations is the same as online: no fuss

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Used return is ok? Did not know that

Anyways glad you got sorted.