Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-17-2018, 08:23 AM

OT: UPS Package tracking stuck on "Shipping Label Created".

Sold some stuff on Ebay and shipped it UPS 2 days ago. Tracking still reads "Shipping Label Created"...no movement showing at all. Should I panic? ( and yes, I checked, it was picked up from the store)

Last edited by Jeff N.; 03-20-2018 at 06:11 PM.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:27 AM
Randomhead

I have seen that, next thing is "delivered" Not sure why it happens.

I think I have an Amazon return that still shows as "shipping label created" even though it was refunded months ago
Old 03-17-2018, 08:36 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff N. View Post
Sold some stuff on Ebay and shipped it UPS 2 days ago. Tracking still reads "Shipping Label Created"...no movement showing at all. Should I panic?
UPS system not updated is all...did you take to UPS store? Hopefully they have scanned it into their 'system'..
Old 03-17-2018, 09:33 AM

Someone didn't scan it when it was accepted at the postal depot or put on a postal vehicle. So the only scan they have is when the label was created. It won't change until there's actually a newer scan, which may happen at delivery. Our USPS at work.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:42 AM

Did you call?
I had this happening with an UPS overseas shipment.
Called them and they had additional info that was not showing when tracking via the web.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11.4 View Post
Someone didn't scan it when it was accepted at the postal depot or put on a postal vehicle. So the only scan they have is when the label was created. It won't change until there's actually a newer scan, which may happen at delivery. Our USPS at work.
It's UPS. UPS was closer so, against my better judgement, I didn't go FED EX. Tracking with FED EX has always been spot on. I blew it. Called UPS who told me that they can't do anything, do a search or make a claim, until it goes past the expected delivery date. How tough is it for them to just scan a damn package? I know they handle zillions of packages every day but, I mean, why have a tracking system if you're not going to do your job? Just venting here.

Last edited by Jeff N.; 03-17-2018 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff N. View Post
It's UPS. UPS was closer so, against my better judgement, I didn't go FED EX. Tracking with FED EX has always been spot on. I blew it. Called UPS who told me that they can't do anything, do a search or make a claim, until it goes past the expected delivery date. How tough is it for them to just scan a damn package? I know they handle zillions of packages every day but, I mean, why have a tracking system if you're not going to do your job? Just venting here.
Sorry. Misread your original post. But it's the same process. If it isn't scanned when it's actually accepted or when it loads on a truck (and the latter very often won't happen), you don't have an update on the "label created" status until it moves to a different truck or arrives at the distribution center at its destination.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:16 AM
Administrator

It's also possible the seller screwed something up on the original label and just created a new one that it actually shipped under, but the new tracking number was never updated on eBay. I've had that happen a number of times. Nothing to necessarily worry about; but you could always contact the seller and ask what's up.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
It's also possible the seller screwed something up on the original label and just created a new one that it actually shipped under, but the new tracking number was never updated on eBay. I've had that happen a number of times. Nothing to necessarily worry about; but you could always contact the seller and ask what's up.
From the first post, it appears that Jeff N. is the seller. What's odd is that I would have expected intermediate scans to show up. There are typically 4 - 5 scans of a package along its route.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
I'm the seller.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11.4 View Post
We ha EA this happen a few times a month with USPS. It's really frustrating as customers get iretated because it looks like we haven't shipped their order. For whatever reason when it gets scanned along the way it still doesn't show any movement. Then, next thing you know it's delivered.

We use UPS for most of our freight and they're solid. Every package service makes errors now and again and UPS seems to make fewer and is easier to deal with when they do happen.

Steels are Alloys too!
Old 03-17-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriarQuade View Post
We ha EA this happen a few times a month with USPS. It's really frustrating as customers get iretated because it looks like we haven't shipped their order. For whatever reason when it gets scanned along the way it still doesn't show any movement. Then, next thing you know it's delivered.

We use UPS for most of our freight and they're solid. Every package service makes errors now and again and UPS seems to make fewer and is easier to deal with when they do happen.
Second this with USPS. Nothing for a couple of days and then "delivered."

I haven't had it happen with FedEx, and I don't use UPS anymore for some reasons, but I would like to think they might be better at scanning than USPS?
Old 03-17-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColnagoFan View Post
Second this with USPS. Nothing for a couple of days and then "delivered."

I haven't had it happen with FedEx, and I don't use UPS anymore for some reasons, but I would like to think they might be better at scanning than USPS?
I was told that the USPS system isn't a true end to end system, since the intermediate scans may or may not happen. The start scan is supposed to happen (I believe all Post Offices are equipped), but I have had the same experience where the initial scan was missed, and then the package shows up as delivered.

Fedex OTOH--never had a miss, and the interim scans as a package clears a warehouse or truck change always show up.
Old 03-17-2018, 06:20 PM

UPS tracking is about half scam. They have become a very unreliable company and don’t care. I only use them where necessary.
Old 03-17-2018, 07:13 PM

I have had it happen at ups, usps (which congress made give up their own fabulous system and sub out to fedex), and fedex. You can’t blame any of the three. I know this sounds arrogant and it isn’t meant to be but any business leader knows you are only as good as your lowest paid employee. What it means is take care of everyone because everyone matters and it only takes one eff up to get rid of ten attaboys in a second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk