Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-20-2018, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicycletricycle View Post
I don't get passive aggressive statements about not getting passive aggressive counter-threading.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself
Fair enough. I'll adjust to make my point plainer.

Threads like these are needless, pollyanna smarm. Silo'd conversations stifle discussion, and just look juvenile. Not everyone's going to agree all the time. The kumbaya sentiment is a nice and noble one, but so is healthy disagreement.

Great points are being brought up in both threads that would be useful if they were in one locale with, yanno, people talking to each other.

Some people think the classifieds here suck. Some think they rock. Other are in-between. If we segment and bi-furcate the discussion enough, we get cliques just talking to each other.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post

Threads like these are needless, pollyanna smarm. Silo'd conversations stifle discussion, and just look juvenile. Not everyone's going to agree all the time. The kumbaya sentiment is a nice and noble one, but so is healthy disagreement.

Great points are being brought up in both threads that would be useful if they were in one locale with, yanno, people talking to each other.

Some people think the classifieds here suck. Some think they rock. Other are in-between. If we segment and bi-furcate the discussion enough, we get cliques just talking to each other.
Point taken.

The road to he11 is paved with good intentions, so carve my post on a cobble and toss it in the mud - and let the mods merge the threads if they want to...
Old 03-20-2018, 05:17 PM

Nothing but good experience with pacelines here. it's part of the reason I list here cheaper than anywhere else I post....
Old 03-20-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdak View Post
I'm batting a hundred with my purchases here too. No issues at all.
+100 on that
Old 03-20-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:

I never agree with flash when he says I look fat. But we are still friends.
Old 03-20-2018, 05:44 PM

Being a gear junky closely meshes with riding a bike for me. Fascinated by all things mechanical and the classifieds here allow me cosset my bicycle passion.

And I don't want to be outnumbered by the haters!
Old 03-20-2018, 05:49 PM

I'm going to keep arguing for fun, for the record though, echo chamber is bad and I agree that people should talk to people they disagree with.

Not sure how dangerous silo'd opinions on the classifieds is.

I dont' think passive aggressiveness is motivated by a "kumbaya sentiment"

"pollyanna smarm" is a surprisingly effective burn. This thread must have really got you worked up, or touched a sensitive spot I guess, I have been getting worked up a lot lately as well.

"If we segment and bi-furcate the discussion enough, we get cliques just talking to each other" Which clique are you in? Seems like you have read both, I bet lots of people read both.

If we were talking about drug legalization or something the echo chambers are more of a problem so I guess we could start getting into the habit on less meaningful issues like the paceline forum.

Quote:

Old 03-20-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
I never agree with flash when he says I look fat. But we are still friends.
I'll cop to giving you the finger at the top of a climb, but I don't recall calling you fat when you pulled a Pantani on me going uphill.
Old 03-20-2018, 06:58 PM

The two riders - er, threads - are racing jowl to jowl, team positivity vs team negativity. Looks like a foregone conclusion folks, TNeg will win. I know who I'm pulling for. Honestly, I love this place, classifieds included. I'm sure TNeg problems are real and frustrating. In my own small sample size, I've had nothing but great experiences in the classifieds, and not just cause hey Colnago or Pegoretti or whatever. You communicate and learn from people, you disagree or get angry, it's a community of which a marketplace is always a part, for better and worse.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:36 PM
Everything is connected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean39T View Post
Point taken. The road to he11 is paved with good intentions, so carve my post on a cobble and toss it in the mud - and let the mods merge the threads if they want to...
For a moment I thought that I read that "the road to 11-speed is paved with good intentions..."
Old 03-23-2018, 09:59 AM
I <Heart> Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
I just posted something in the other one..I have a garage wheelbuilding operation and because of PL, it has been a way to realize a "post retail bike shop owner's" dream of just building wheels. So, I have no complaints.

And fine wheels they are. Been bouncing these off my fair share of rocks and they're as true as the day I picked them up.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:29 AM
brownm68

Thank you Clean39t for initiating this thread I agree with you 100%! While I don't have a large number of posts. IT's always exciting to see all the cool gear in the classifieds. What's most gratifying to me are the rapports you established during the transaction(s). I'm truly grateful for this Paceline Forum As a cycling fan, this Forum makes my day everyday. Big THANKS to you all