Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-02-2020, 06:12 PM
ZhugeLiang

Old 08-02-2020, 07:22 PM

As it happens, I've also got a job to bond plastic to plastic. I have a set of old, but still very comfortable, Sidi road shoes. The plastic heel cups have become unbonded from the sole, and I'd like to rebond them. I don't know what type of plastic the heel cup is made from, but I'm pretty sure the sole is Nylon (its not a carbon sole). The rest of the upper is still well attached to the sole, but if the heel remains free, the part of the upper still attached will soon pull away from the sole.

An ideas what adhesive would work best here? Since the heel cup aren't perfectly the same shape, I suppose what ever adhesive is used will probably need to fill some space at a few points.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McM View Post
As it happens, I've also got a job to bond plastic to plastic. I have a set of old, but still very comfortable, Sidi road shoes. The plastic heel cups have become unbonded from the sole, and I'd like to rebond them. I don't know what type of plastic the heel cup is made from, but I'm pretty sure the sole is Nylon (its not a carbon sole). The rest of the upper is still well attached to the sole, but if the heel remains free, the part of the upper still attached will soon pull away from the sole.

An ideas what adhesive would work best here? Since the heel cup aren't perfectly the same shape, I suppose what ever adhesive is used will probably need to fill some space at a few points.
I think something like Lexel would work, maybe also Aqua Seal depending on the plastic