Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-20-2024, 09:10 PM

OT: Two tests down, two to go MOTOGP content

After the first two tests Pecco is looking tough and ready to repeat. Bezzecchi is looking good on the VR46 machine, sorry that Marini left for Honda. Marquez is on what looks to be a competitive satellite team (Gresini) Honda still looks lost and their aero looks like they turned a drunk 18 year old loose with the company credit card and a 2015 JC Whitney catalog. Yamaha down on the time sheets as well. Looks like another long year for Quartararo. I am rooting that Alix is able to break through again on the Aprilia. Had some good results in 2023 but seems to lose his way toward the end of the season.

Any one else pumped for this season to kick off in early March? Any hope for any non Ducati riders to podium?

Mods can delete as necessary although they are on two wheels.

Last edited by Hank Scorpio; 02-20-2024 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Marquez is riding for Gresini Ducati not LCR.
Old 02-20-2024, 09:34 PM

Big MotoGP fan here!

Agree, that it's looking grim for the Japanese. How the tables have turned! I think there is hope for Honda, but Yamaha? Honda will throw cubic dollars at the project until they get competitive again. Yamaha is stuck in their old ways with the I4 engine, which doesn't seem competitive. On the other hand, Suzuki's I4 was pretty good, before they quit, that is.

I suspect that Marc Marquez will throw a wrench in the factory Ducati party, as will Martin. It's looking like a barn burner of a season to come, with so many good riders with a legit chance of winning.
Old 02-20-2024, 09:53 PM

I am sure HRC wasn’t too sad to see Marquez leave with the amount of bikes he chucked down the road last year. Would be nice to see Binder on the KTM make some strong finishes although with the test results I think fourth overall might be a step too far.
Old 02-20-2024, 10:57 PM

I was really into MotoGP at the very end of the two-stroke era and into the early years of the four-strokes. Was able to see them race at Laguna Seca a few times, including some wild riding by Rossi through the Corkscrew. The Valentino glory years! And Nicky Hayden, of course. RIP. As I rode motorcycles less and less (this coincided suspiciously with my having kids), I haven’t kept up with it and it’s funny now to see I don’t recognize the new hotshots. On the plus side, I’m much more current with pro cycling 😂.