Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-01-2019, 02:26 PM

I use the XT-3 as well and have just recently caught the photography bug. I'm preparing myself for the expense of some prime lenses. While I'm nowhere near good, I'm learning thru online tutorials. Lightroom has proven worthy. I recently used Aluminyze to get one of my pics of half-dome in Yosemite printed in black and white, on Aluminum, and their product is outstanding.

Last edited by EliteVelo; 10-01-2019 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:33 PM
Two wheels good

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteVelo View Post
I use the XT-3 as well and have just recently caught the photography bug. I'm preparing myself for the expense of some prime lenses. While I'm nowhere near good, I'm learning thru online tutorials. Lightroom has proven worthy. I recently used Aluminyze to get one of my pics of half-dome in Yosemite printed in black and white, on Aluminum, and their product is outstanding.
It's nice to have great lenses but my advice would be to take your time in buying them. Buy one and use it for a while until it feels your favorite bike before you buy the next one. And some of my favorite shots have been taken with some of my less expensive lenses so remember it's all about the shot not the gear. Most Fuji glass is pretty great so you really can't go wrong.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:32 PM

Nice galleries Steve and Rob.

I've been shooting since I was a kid (11 or 12) with a rangefinder and then a series of Nikons from film to digital. I remember how revolutionary the D3 was to digital photography.

Recently I've made the jump to mirrorless and traded my D850 for a Nikon Z7 and Z6. Very impressed with the new Z lenses, which are sharper even wide open than the older AF-S lenses.

I can relate to the hundreds of pics to sort through after a shoot. I just got back from Glacier National Pk and have about 1K of RAW photos to start going through.

If anyone's interested, I keep my photos here: https://johnz.zenfolio.com
(best optimized on a full monitor than mobile device)
Old 10-01-2019, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonracing View Post
It's nice to have great lenses but my advice would be to take your time in buying them. Buy one and use it for a while until it feels your favorite bike before you buy the next one. And some of my favorite shots have been taken with some of my less expensive lenses so remember it's all about the shot not the gear. Most Fuji glass is pretty great so you really can't go wrong.
Good advice. If you look at the metadata of your pics, you tend to see concentrations in the focal length and aperture that you use. Reviewing my pics really helped me pare some of my lenses. Sometimes it's better to upgrade the lens in a focal length that you currently have.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:25 PM

Thank you all for the lovely compliments!

I’ve always felt that my art is my art and I do not really care what other people think about it...as long as it makes me happy and satisfies a need in me.

But it is nice to get positive feedback!
Old 11-27-2019, 06:33 PM

Thought I’d resurrect this thread to let people who haven’t had a chance yet to check out my photos see my work. Haven’t posted anything new since I created this thread.

Enjoy and happy thanksgiving!

Steve