Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Bike Fit

Old 05-19-2020, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreen505 View Post
Figured I'm due for an update. Trying some different saddles. I'm pretty happy with my saddle position. Still have too much weight on my hands causing numbness. The position feels good with a 90 cm stem, but handling is a little quicker than I'd like. So many variables.
If I were in your shoes, I would be eliminating the other variables until after your weight dist'n (fore /aft) was feeling comfortable. GL.
Old 06-05-2020, 01:02 AM

All this talk has me thinking about moving my cleats back some...
Old 06-05-2020, 07:22 PM

How tall is biggreen??

Do you have a picture of the bike in question?? Asking because I can understand you have short upper torso but if you are like 6 feet tall with a 9 cm stem then that could be your problem because you are way too short, specially if your knees are almost hitting the handlebar while standing up u know.

There's other issues too that are hard to say w/o seeing the guy, and see the bike or you over it could help u know because there is a slight chance the issue is not even the fore / aft position but a frame size issue mixed with too short stem.

Sucks because at some point and happened to all of us that the things dont work and happened that u have been sitting wrong all along or somehow flexibility changed etc.

For the record and not bashing the good fitters here ok? but is hard to fit somebody in a trainer, IMO not the same than real life conditions.

Do you have some pictures?

Tags
bike fit, saddle