Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Marketplace > Classifieds (Cycling Products)

Old 06-03-2020, 07:58 AM

Thanks to Whateveronfire for a Shimano saddle. Very fair price, great communication and was packaged perfectly, shipped promptly.

Thanks Whateveronfire
Old 06-03-2020, 11:33 AM

mdeth1313: good at wasting time. I asked him about shipping for his recent posting for a wheelset. I messaged him 30 minutes after he posted them. There was no indication that he was trying to deal with any other offers. He said he would get back to me about shipping. A few minutes later, he said he needed my full address to calculate shipping. I gave it to him immediately.. Then, after that he messaged me saying they are sold. Complete waste of time!
Old 06-03-2020, 01:58 PM

Dzarne

Bought a wheelset from Dan, he's not a frequent poster here but what a nice guy.
Very detailed description of the wheels mentioning every little flaw.
Fair price and fast shipping.

A+

Thanks Dan!
Old 06-03-2020, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospastic View Post
mdeth1313: good at wasting time. I asked him about shipping for his recent posting for a wheelset. I messaged him 30 minutes after he posted them. There was no indication that he was trying to deal with any other offers. He said he would get back to me about shipping. A few minutes later, he said he needed my full address to calculate shipping. I gave it to him immediately.. Then, after that he messaged me saying they are sold. Complete waste of time!
He's located by NYC, and those wheels were a screaming deal. I bet someone offered to buy them locally and he took the offer. It's way easier that way. Sometimes this stuff happens, I wouldn't get too hurt over it.
Old 06-03-2020, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa bless View Post
He's located by NYC, and those wheels were a screaming deal. I bet someone offered to buy them locally and he took the offer. It's way easier that way. Sometimes this stuff happens, I wouldn't get too hurt over it.
Sure. Then there's always, "I'm interested in your ____. Can I have close up pics of the ____? How long have you had ____? Are you the first owner? How many miles?", blah, blah. Then someone says, "I'll take your___. What's your PP address?" BOOM! The path of least resistance wins out every time....just a fact of life.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospastic View Post
First person who says, “Done!” gets it every time. You could be interested, and then disappear. It happens. Until someone commits, everyone is just looking, and it’s still available.

Last edited by kohagen; 06-04-2020 at 05:59 AM.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:09 AM

madsciencenow

I put a wtb ad for those special ferrules that go in Shimano shifter bodies as my new shifters didn't come with them. madsciencenow sent me a pair at no cost. It's one of the last items I needed to complete a build. Got them in less than 3 days. Awesome all the way around and greatly appreciated on my end. Thanks again! ! Matthew
Old 06-04-2020, 12:41 PM

gbcoupe

Purchased a Basso Gap frameset from GBCoupe. It was described conservatively (nicer in person than his description and pictures led me to believe), and packed exceptionally well. I would gladly purchase from him again.
Old 06-04-2020, 04:03 PM
Administrator

FYI: If anyone has been contacted by dannymd, it appears to be another scammer trying to hose the forum members.

W.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:39 PM

na3s

Bought a bike from na3s. Quick shipping. Awesome packing. Good communication. All around good guy to deal with.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:42 AM

Purchased items recently from hellvetica and ryun - as described and quick shipping in both instances. Thanks!
Old 06-05-2020, 09:54 AM

Great transaction recently with vincenz who had the part I needed and was quick to respond to my message.
Old 06-06-2020, 09:11 AM
Velotopia

I've had great transactions recently with several paceliners, and no bad apples in the bunch! Thank you to rwsaunders, ceya, pbarry, fmradio516, masteromayhem, veloduffer, rueda tropical, CSBarizona, mulp, thirdgenbird, temeyone.
Old 06-06-2020, 11:24 AM

Quick and easy transaction with RichTheRoadie.
Old 06-07-2020, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddtwenty2 View Post
Purchased a Basso Gap frameset from GBCoupe. It was described conservatively (nicer in person than his description and pictures led me to believe), and packed exceptionally well. I would gladly purchase from him again.
Thanks for the kind words. Happy you like the frame. No repaint needed then?