Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Marketplace > Vendors

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 05-25-2020, 01:39 PM
tylercheung tylercheung is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 743
I was perusing his website for fun on a Memorial Day...it looks like he'll still making you a De Rosa SLX Professional!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-25-2020, 02:44 PM
Velocipede Velocipede is offline
Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Midwest
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylercheung View Post
I was perusing his website for fun on a Memorial Day...it looks like he'll still making you a De Rosa SLX Professional!!
That's essentially what the Epopea is. It's a beautiful frame. And of course made by the Master himself.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-25-2020, 03:22 PM
binxnyrwarrsoul's Avatar
binxnyrwarrsoul binxnyrwarrsoul is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SW CT, Queens/Brooklyn NY, Bizarro World
Posts: 5,958
What stem is that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocipede View Post
The Bixxis Pathos is their titanium road bike. Handmade in Italy by Doriano De Rosa.

Made using a custom Reynolds double-butted tubeset and exquisitely tig welded, Doriano has created a do-it-all road frame. With custom oversized chainstays, offering the Pathos frame can handle a 700x28c tire easily. Custom 6/4 CNC machined dropouts continue to add stiffness and strength in its design. A 6/4 headtube, bottom bracket and small fitting are standard.

The Pathos is available in two toptube styles: traditional and sloping. With stock and custom geometry available. The Pathos uses a Chis King D11 headset as standard. With its longer head cup flanges for better rigidity. Yes, you can use a different headset. But with the color options and a lifetime warranty, would you want to?

The stock fork for the Prima is the Pegoretti FALZ. Designed by Dario Pegoretti and made exclusively for them, the FALZ has the looks of a classic steel crown with the lightweight and amazing ride and responsiveness of carbon.

Available in stock and custom geometry as well as stock and custom finishes, the Bixxis Pathos is a riders dream. Retail for the Pathos is $4750. This includes custom geometry and finishes within reason of course. Lead time is about 12 weeks currently. It will include a headset, seat collar, cable adjusters and a PMP Titanium seatpost.

We will have the Pathos in Booth 318 at NAHBS in August. Make sure to stop by to check it out and meet Doriano and Martina De Rosa.
__________________
Make mine lugged.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-25-2020, 03:53 PM
tylercheung tylercheung is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocipede View Post
That's essentially what the Epopea is. It's a beautiful frame. And of course made by the Master himself.
Ah yes, I just saw your other post...neat photos for sure
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-25-2020, 10:04 PM
Velocipede Velocipede is offline
Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Midwest
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by binxnyrwarrsoul View Post
What stem is that?
It's a custom titanium stem we offer in whatever finish is requested. For this Pathos, he wanted a brushed finish to match the seatpost and frame. It's a Grade 5 titanium(6/4) stem, comes in whatever length and angle you'd like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 10.31.02 PM.jpg (40.9 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 10.31.37 PM.jpg (52.4 KB, 190 views)
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-28-2020, 07:59 AM
Velocipede Velocipede is offline
Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Midwest
Posts: 755
Another shot of the BiXXis Pathos bound for Kentucky. You can see the details better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100777758_3823359344406083_6810320583734067200_o.jpg (133.8 KB, 128 views)
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-29-2020, 06:53 PM
binxnyrwarrsoul's Avatar
binxnyrwarrsoul binxnyrwarrsoul is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SW CT, Queens/Brooklyn NY, Bizarro World
Posts: 5,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocipede View Post
It's a custom titanium stem we offer in whatever finish is requested. For this Pathos, he wanted a brushed finish to match the seatpost and frame. It's a Grade 5 titanium(6/4) stem, comes in whatever length and angle you'd like.
PM sent.
__________________
Make mine lugged.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-22-2020, 08:44 PM
Velocipede Velocipede is offline
Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Midwest
Posts: 755
This custom Pathos is packed up and heading out to its new home this week. It's a custom 55cm ETT and weighs 1350 grams with the seat collar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7075.jpg (108.1 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7077.jpg (67.7 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7106.jpg (44.5 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7108.jpg (43.4 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7133.jpg (56.5 KB, 60 views)

Last edited by Velocipede; 06-23-2020 at 08:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-23-2020, 08:46 AM
roguedog roguedog is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,019
That is a sweet looking clean frame. Nice.

Looks like Doriano and Martina and doing well.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-23-2020, 08:48 AM
Velocipede Velocipede is offline
Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Midwest
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguedog View Post
That is a sweet looking clean frame. Nice.

Looks like Doriano and Martina and doing well.
It is and they are! Everyone is safe over there and they are getting caught up on orders. This frame was only delayed by 4 weeks due to the shutdown. Which is pretty amazing. Some places are many months behind.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-23-2020, 09:46 AM
XXtwindad XXtwindad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 2,953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocipede View Post
The Bixxis Pathos is their titanium road bike. Handmade in Italy by Doriano De Rosa.

Made using a custom Reynolds double-butted tubeset and exquisitely tig welded, Doriano has created a do-it-all road frame. With custom oversized chainstays, offering the Pathos frame can handle a 700x28c tire easily. Custom 6/4 CNC machined dropouts continue to add stiffness and strength in its design. A 6/4 headtube, bottom bracket and small fitting are standard.

The Pathos is available in two toptube styles: traditional and sloping. With stock and custom geometry available. The Pathos uses a Chis King D11 headset as standard. With its longer head cup flanges for better rigidity. Yes, you can use a different headset. But with the color options and a lifetime warranty, would you want to?

The stock fork for the Prima is the Pegoretti FALZ. Designed by Dario Pegoretti and made exclusively for them, the FALZ has the looks of a classic steel crown with the lightweight and amazing ride and responsiveness of carbon.

Available in stock and custom geometry as well as stock and custom finishes, the Bixxis Pathos is a riders dream. Retail for the Pathos is $4750. This includes custom geometry and finishes within reason of course. Lead time is about 12 weeks currently. It will include a headset, seat collar, cable adjusters and a PMP Titanium seatpost.

We will have the Pathos in Booth 318 at NAHBS in August. Make sure to stop by to check it out and meet Doriano and Martina De Rosa.
Everything in that bike exudes class. Must resist "FOMO." One minor quibble: I'd go with black handlebar tape/saddle. Matches the sleek "go fast" ethos of the bike. But that's just me.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-23-2020, 10:00 AM
Velocipede Velocipede is offline
Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Midwest
Posts: 755
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
Everything in that bike exudes class. Must resist "FOMO." One minor quibble: I'd go with black handlebar tape/saddle. Matches the sleek "go fast" ethos of the bike. But that's just me.
For this bike with the tan tires and custom saddle, the matching bar tape looks excellent but I understand what you mean. The one I just posted, that one is getting a Campagnolo Super Record mechanical kit with black tape, saddle and tires. He's going to send me pictures after it's finished. His original bike was a Jaegher stainless frame and he was hit by a car. So we made him this, his first titanium frame ever. I'm looking forward to his ride report on it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.