Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-06-2021, 11:07 PM

Oops never mind I misread. Did you order from rose bikes or somewhere else? I’m trying to work out if it’s possible to get VAT removed from the order.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:48 AM

So more updates if anyone ever needs this info. Rose bikes removes VAT from the order to the US.

Also the Cyclus head tube facing tool is limited in terms of maximum head tube size (190mm max head tube size). The tool is excellent otherwise.

One way to solve this issue is to order their "extra long" headset press. The reason this solves this issue is that this tool provides an extra long center screw which can be used with any of the Cyclus tools (the screw is hard to find elsewhere as it has a trapezoidal section in size Tr16 with 3 pitch - somewhat rare). So basically you can use the extra long center screw with the head tube facing attachments and you can then face head tubes of all sizes.

The headset press tool itself is also quite a good tool and works on all sized head tubes which is great since some of the generic ones you find on amazon / Ebay start to top out at about 190mm.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:31 AM

Ceeway stocks Cyclus tools. You'll find the BB facer / tapper in question under "best quality tools."

Unfortunately, you'll be dealing in pounds sterling and the exchange rate to USD is poor ATM.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:25 PM

I've got a set of the cyclus tap/facer. They are very nice. The Italian taps will not fit on the English handles which is a bummer. They're a lot faster than doing it with two different tools. But it's not like you use these things very often.

I also have a ice tools head tube set, it's a reasonable set for the money. If you're just doing work at home it'll serve you well. If you want to be a frame builder buy once, cry once.

Steels are Alloys too!
Old 02-25-2021, 08:15 AM

Does Cyclus require different handles for cutting, facing, and reaming crown race, head tube and bottom bracket? So three different handles?