Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-24-2021, 03:44 PM

USPS good ending

I posted a while back about woes I've been having with deliveries via USPS. So, in fair play, the USPS made me quite happy today. I had a 6600 partial groupset that I had purchased from a Paceline member that seemed to be lost. Last Friday I rec'd an email stating the package had not been located, sorry for the inconvenience, please contact sender to inform them a claim could be submitted. We were both quite disappointed.

Monday of this week, I rec'd another email from USPS telling me the package had been scanned at a distribution center in Wilmington, De, and was on its' way to the next destination. This morning I rec'd a notice that the package had arrived in my local post office and was being sent out for delivery. It did indeed arrive mid afternoon. The components are even better than I could have expected from the OP and pics. Thanks booglebug!

The USPS made my day and I can now move forward with my project. Thanks USPS!
Old 02-24-2021, 03:58 PM

Cool

Was a claim ever made?

I had a similar thing happen with something from Germany that was replaced but the original showed up two months later. Might have been sitting in a neighbors entryway for a while. Nobody knows.

Glad it worked.
Old 02-24-2021, 04:12 PM

Thanks for the positive vibes. I'm currently waiting for a handlebar that was originally scheduled for Monday delivery. Status was "Out for delivery" this past Sunday only to be updated to "In transit" on Monday. Still "In transit".
Old 02-24-2021, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donevwil View Post
Thanks for the positive vibes. I'm currently waiting for a handlebar that was originally scheduled for Monday delivery. Status was "Out for delivery" this past Sunday only to be updated to "In transit" on Monday. Still "In transit".
I've had a number of things like that in the last few months. The best I can say is that they all arrived eventually.
Old 02-24-2021, 05:37 PM

Try getting that type of response from a for-profit shipping firm.

Good on ya', USPS!
Old 02-24-2021, 05:53 PM

Three weeks ago I was to receive an item shipped via UPS and turned over to USPS for delivery (didn't know that was a thing). Never showed up, UPS tracking says handed off to USPS, USPS tracking says never received from UPS. Needless to say neither will give me the time of day because it's either out of, or not yet in, their hands.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:20 PM

Would like to add Ken went above a beyond keeping me ( the seller) updated on the status of this shipment. The best reason I buy and sell on this forum is I know I’m dealing with honest people
Old 02-24-2021, 06:26 PM

Lucky you, I have a cassette from a reputable ebay shop that has been stuck in the same spot in USPS for over a month. No joy on reaching out to USPS. I opened a claim and they closed it without action. Second lost package in 2 months.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:47 PM

I’ve been really lucky with USPS over the last few months. Lots of shipments but only 2 or 3 got delayed. Everything else was quick some even arrived faster than expected.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:19 PM

I just sold a pair of XC boots on ebay and thought briefly about how I was going to ship (Boston -> VT). Then I thought about all the USPS threads and shipped Fedex Ground.

And I can confirm, post Paypal, Ebay does transfer money pretty quickly. I gave them access to a lightly used account for transactions, on the off chance they want to hoover money out of the account, it won't be there.
Hot Tubes
LiteSpeed
SpeshFatboy
Old 02-24-2021, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliedid View Post
Cool

Was a claim ever made?

I had a similar thing happen with something from Germany that was replaced but the original showed up two months later. Might have been sitting in a neighbors entryway for a while. Nobody knows.

Glad it worked.
This reminds me of my first Ebay.FR purchase, an Alcyon. I was getting skeptical of the seller, but he was honest and the bike got lost somewhere along the way. I am glad it finally arrived.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duvivr6 View Post
Lucky you, I have a cassette from a reputable ebay shop that has been stuck in the same spot in USPS for over a month. No joy on reaching out to USPS. I opened a claim and they closed it without action. Second lost package in 2 months.
Duvivr6, tracking my package via USPS showed it sitting at the same location for over 3 weeks. I was feeling like I was spinning my wheels trying to get info and help, nothing. All of a sudden, after being declared lost, it showed up.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Nice!

So far, (knock on wood) all my shipments have been on time or early even on cross-country shipments. Yesterday my C2 parts arrived on time from VT to the PNW.

W.
Old 02-25-2021, 05:53 AM
Proud Grandpa

USPS has a lot of problems right now, starting with the guy in the big chair BUT.....
I had sent an envelope, Priority Envelope, 'seemed' to get lost. Put in claim and got a really nice phone call from the receiving post office telling me they will do their best to look for it.
When the nice gent finally found it(took about 2 weeks), he called me again and noticed I asked the envelope be sent back to me..which he did.
Great service for a organization that hopefully will improve with the addition of people just nominated for the USPS and the removal of the guy at the top.

BUT considering their YUGE job, and what things cost to send("if it fits, it ships") compared to others..I think they deserve a little slack.