Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-11-2019, 11:53 AM
You still here?

sorry, dupe post
Old 02-11-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Umm...maybe June?

Weisan-pal--lemme know if you come to NAHBS. Its local for several forumites and I suspect a dinner could be arranged.
Looks rideable.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:39 AM

Having just returned from Austin, our tandem is also still in the SandS case and could leave until next trip.

As far as where to go next, I am mulling over either a solo or another tandem trip in March for my spring break in March. Pretty sure it will be a solo trip. For solo, bike packing in either southern New Mexico or Central AZ. I planned routes based on a few routes in bikepacking.com-"Apaches, Conquistadores"; "NM Off-Road Runner", and "Monumental Loop" in NM and "Fools Loop" and "Cinder Cones" in AZ. These are pretty remote, esp NM, and would be challenging.

For tandem, not sure. Could go to San Diego and do part of the Sierra Cascades route. I think too much climbing for that early in season though.

Or I could stay home, catch up on work, save money, and do a thousand other things...
Old 02-12-2019, 10:36 AM

I am going to sacramento for NAHBS.
April will be my first trip into the south (georgia) to visit a friend and ride there.
May is France.
Need an event for september though, maybe a century or gravel fondo or something.

I want to go to France again already, and Croatia. I really really wanna ride Croatia and Slovenia. Ever since finding out half my wifes family is from there, we have really wanted to go. amazing cycling and fishing, and supposedly not very touristy.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciero View Post
Having just returned from Austin, our tandem is also still in the SandS case and could leave until next trip.

As far as where to go next, I am mulling over either a solo or another tandem trip in March for my spring break in March. Pretty sure it will be a solo trip. For solo, bike packing in either southern New Mexico or Central AZ. I planned routes based on a few routes in bikepacking.com-"Apaches, Conquistadores"; "NM Off-Road Runner", and "Monumental Loop" in NM and "Fools Loop" and "Cinder Cones" in AZ. These are pretty remote, esp NM, and would be challenging.

For tandem, not sure. Could go to San Diego and do part of the Sierra Cascades route. I think too much climbing for that early in season though.

Or I could stay home, catch up on work, save money, and do a thousand other things...
I've been longing to do one of those Southwest bikepacking routes as well! March/April sounds like the perfect time.

Typed as I stare out the window at more snow/sleet/ice/rain.

If I had the time I'd love to try some of those Velo/canal/river routes in Europe.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzy View Post
Heading to Vietnam in March, with a possible jump to Chiang Mai in Thailand. Did Scotland a couple years ago and it was utterly spectacular, especially in the Hebrides, Skye, and the Cairngorms. Did PEI and Nova Scotia this summer - the east coast of Canada is lovely.
Hey i am also going to vietnam, in Apr though!
i did the south 3 years ago and am now going to hit the north. I am by no means an expert but i have been to SEA a good amount, let me know if you need any feedback! have fun, i cant get enough of that region

Also in regards to this thread, if i brought my bike on vacation my gf would kill me!
Old 02-12-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilliox View Post
I am going to sacramento for NAHBS.
April will be my first trip into the south (georgia) to visit a friend and ride there.
May is France.
Need an event for september though, maybe a century or gravel fondo or something.
Gran Fondo Tehachapi is in Sept

http://www.tehachapigranfondo.com
Old 02-12-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andeww View Post
Hey i am also going to vietnam, in Apr though!
i did the south 3 years ago and am now going to hit the north. I am by no means an expert but i have been to SEA a good amount, let me know if you need any feedback! have fun, i cant get enough of that region
I'll be there thru mid April. Taking the Reunification Express between Saigon and Hanoi, with stops in Hue/Hoi An, De Nang, Na Trang, Halong Bay. Really wanna get up to Sapa and over to Thailand but it may be tight. It's my first time and I'm really excited.

Any tips for the south?
Old 02-13-2019, 12:31 AM

Next stop for us - Big Bend. It's funny to see others mention Croatia. It's the place that immediately pops to mind for me. I've had it on my target list for 15 years. Probably should make that one happen soon.

Texbike
Old 02-13-2019, 04:38 AM

Just got back from Tokyo last week. The weather was starting to warm up so it was nice. Pleasure trip.

Middle of March I will be going somewhere, haven't decided yet. Sacremento for the bike show is a possibility but so it Paris or Munich.

At the end of March/beginning of April, I will be going to Hamada Japan, to tour a privately run prison/rehabilitation center. This is just for an educational experience.

At the end of April I am going back to Japan and doing the Shimanami Kaido bicycle tour with my wife and six of her friends. Low key but beautiful. Link here

A Brompton in a hard shell case is all I use.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:42 AM
No hope

Japan

Same here; "planning" to go back to Japan. I hope it happens.

Maybe I can do one of them NHK cycle around Japan style ride

Last edited by Javaman; 02-13-2019 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Lerning to spel
Old 02-13-2019, 09:35 AM

Where Are You Going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
Roubaix. April.
Maybe I'll see you in Roubaix. I've signed on for a tour that includes the Flanders sportive the weekend prior. Retrofitted by Serotta Legend Ti with subcompact crank, HED Ardennes + and new bars in order to fool myself into believing that I'll be just fine...
Old 02-13-2019, 01:22 PM

Headed back to the south western Correze (Turenne, France) in April. It'll be lovely cycling weather there. Not Les Alpes de Velotel, but sublime riding nonetheless.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0770 (1).jpg (151.1 KB, 97 views)
Old 02-13-2019, 06:45 PM

Looking at all these great places you guys are going makes me just want it to be summer already.

Last weekend I was in San Marcos, TX, cold... raining.... but had a good view on in the countryside.

So, I'd take somewhere warm and scenic, Texas? maybe a little adventurous, California? I'll take anywhere with a bike.
Old 02-14-2019, 06:00 AM
ZhugeLiang

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj` View Post
Looking at all these great places you guys are going makes me just want it to be summer already.

Last weekend I was in San Marcos, TX, cold... raining.... but had a good view on in the countryside.

So, I'd take somewhere warm and scenic, Texas? maybe a little adventurous, California? I'll take anywhere with a bike.
kj pal, you are welcome to visit me in Austin anytime. I will take you on some scenic routes.

Yeah I agree, it's great to hear about people's plans and desires of where to go, very inspiring and motivating, thank you for sharing your ideas!