Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Custom Bikes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-23-2016, 08:47 AM
donalrey donalrey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 126
Firefly 612

So a few months back people thought I was crazy for selling my Firefly. The only reason to sell a Firefly is, well, to get another Firefly! These photos leaked on their FB yesterday and I should be getting it today!

I actually don't know what number it is so for now it's Firefly ###







Last edited by donalrey; 01-04-2017 at 11:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-23-2016, 09:19 AM
guido guido is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Stow, MA
Posts: 1,791
Lovely bike!
__________________
Soma Double Cross, Elephant NFE, Salsa Bucksaw
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-23-2016, 10:00 AM
AngryScientist's Avatar
AngryScientist AngryScientist is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: northeast NJ
Posts: 15,951
very cool.

i like that 3rd bottle cage option.

what was the vision for this one, fat tire road bike?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-23-2016, 10:11 AM
Jeff N. Jeff N. is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 6,301
I have one on order too. Won't be ready until late January. It'll be wearing DA 9100 (Mechanical...no electric stuff for this guy).
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-23-2016, 10:14 AM
Tickdoc's Avatar
Tickdoc Tickdoc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: TUL
Posts: 3,086
Lovely one and done. ( or is it a lovely one more and done?)

Either way, congrats!!!
__________________
♦️♠️
♣️♥️
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-23-2016, 10:50 AM
donalrey donalrey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
very cool.

i like that 3rd bottle cage option.

what was the vision for this one, fat tire road bike?
Yes, pretty much. I had the first FF built to clear up to 28c which was considered "wide" back in 2013 for gravel roads - at least from what I knew. This bike should suit me well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff N. View Post
I have one on order too. Won't be ready until late January. It'll be wearing DA 9100 (Mechanical...no electric stuff for this guy).
Can't wait to see yours. I'll definitely upgrade to 9100 sometime in the near future. I pretty much just tried transferring as much as I can from my previous FF.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-23-2016, 10:57 AM
thirdgenbird thirdgenbird is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 7,767
Swap for Campagnolo and you have my dream bike, right down to the 3rd bottle cage. I would use the bottom location for a tool roll.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-23-2016, 11:15 AM
R3awak3n's Avatar
R3awak3n R3awak3n is offline
aka RAEKWON
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NYC // Catskills, NY
Posts: 6,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdgenbird View Post
Swap for Campagnolo and you have my dream bike, right down to the 3rd bottle cage. I would use the bottom location for a tool roll.
yes, except campy has not released hydro yet and till that happens, shimano is superior for disc brakes (I have cable disc and its fine but I am not that happy with it, I will be the first to buy the campy hydros when they get released)
__________________
- 9to5bike -
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-23-2016, 11:32 AM
chiasticon chiasticon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: northeast ohio
Posts: 2,501
she's a beaut, Clark!

(sorry, seasonal related comment was the first thing that sprang to mind. awesome bike, congrats!)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-23-2016, 12:49 PM
gomango gomango is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 2,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
yes, except campy has not released hydro yet and till that happens, shimano is superior for disc brakes (I have cable disc and its fine but I am not that happy with it, I will be the first to buy the campy hydros when they get released)
I run XTR race hydros on my Yeti SB.

Can't see Campy ever making a dent in the gravel/mtb markets at this point.

Nor would I see them caring for that matter.

As for a road version, I'm not holding my breath.

The op's Firefly is totally droolworthy as it stands.

Incredible bike in all regards.
__________________
Bicycles!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36270004@N06/
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-23-2016, 02:07 PM
R3awak3n's Avatar
R3awak3n R3awak3n is offline
aka RAEKWON
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NYC // Catskills, NY
Posts: 6,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomango View Post
I run XTR race hydros on my Yeti SB.

Can't see Campy ever making a dent in the gravel/mtb markets at this point.

Nor would I see them caring for that matter.

As for a road version, I'm not holding my breath.

The op's Firefly is totally droolworthy as it stands.

Incredible bike in all regards.
well the new campy hydros paired with a potenza long cage derailleur will be perfect for the gravel market. I am pretty much running that but with athena and spyres.

I know campy does not care bout gravel but I like their stuff and I will make it work for what I need it. Its bound to happen, I will be surprised if we don't see campy hydro next year.
__________________
- 9to5bike -
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-23-2016, 02:20 PM
gomango gomango is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 2,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
I know campy does not care bout gravel but I like their stuff and I will make it work for what I need it.
I've done that as well with Campy cantis on my Merckx.

Work as well as Tektro 720s with Kool Stops.
__________________
Bicycles!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36270004@N06/
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-23-2016, 10:38 AM
pinoymamba's Avatar
pinoymamba pinoymamba is offline
i ride to eat.
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: bay area.
Posts: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
very cool.

i like that 3rd bottle cage option.

what was the vision for this one, fat tire road bike?
Lifestylin to the fullest!

When will the disc brake overlord take over paceline?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-23-2016, 10:41 AM
raygunner's Avatar
raygunner raygunner is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,886
So great!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-23-2016, 10:42 AM
54ny77 54ny77 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,994
stunning!

for the underside-mounted cage, doesn't a bottle there get loaded with all manner of road muck?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.