Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-25-2020, 04:34 PM

Wholesale items

For all the other members that use clincher wheels you know that tubes can last for a long time and that they can go flat after a low amount of miles. CO2 catridges are a lifesaver on long rides and when you get an unexpected flat away from home. I’d like to know if there’s a way to buy a large amount of tubes and CO2 cartridges for a wholesale price. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:37 PM
v a n i l l a

Take a look here
https://www.gas-depot.com/
Old 09-25-2020, 04:40 PM

Like this?
120 cartridges for $130
Old 09-25-2020, 04:51 PM

Do the right thing by the environment and buy yourself a decent frame pump.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citycyclist247 View Post
For all the other members that use clincher wheels you know that tubes can last for a long time and that they can go flat after a low amount of miles. CO2 catridges are a lifesaver on long rides and when you get an unexpected flat away from home. I’d like to know if there’s a way to buy a large amount of tubes and CO2 cartridges for a wholesale price. Thanks in advance.
I bought a box of 30 on eBay. They weren’t a lot of money, and I rarely have to use them, so I still have plenty left after a couple of seasons. I ride tubeless, so tubes aren’t an issue.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewellyn View Post
Or carry spent cartridges home and recycle them.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:59 PM

Quote:
I can't agree with you more. Sure CO2 is for emergency uses, but a pump rarely fails. I always carry a full size frame pump, but I also have a CO2 as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djg21 View Post
Or carry spent cartridges home and recycle them.
What if you spend your cartridge, and then get another flat. Might have the tube but all out of air. A pump would still be there and available to inflate.

I don't like being stranded or having to call for a ride. Self-sufficiency and self-reliance is awesome.
Old 09-25-2020, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowgram5 View Post
I can't agree with you more. Sure CO2 is for emergency uses, but a pump rarely fails. I always carry a full size frame pump, but I also have a CO2 as well.What if you spend your cartridge, and then get another flat. Might have the tube but all out of air. A pump would still be there and available to inflate.

I don't like being stranded or having to call for a ride. Self-sufficiency and self-reliance is awesome.
When I used tubes, I’d carry two 16g cartridges and two tubes in my seat bag. I never had an issue. I ride tubeless now. I still carry two cartridges, with a single Tubolito tube. I’ve use one cartridge in the last two years and have never need to use a spare tube. I’m sorry, but frame pumps suck.
Old 09-25-2020, 05:19 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
When I used tubes, I’d carry two 16g cartridges and two tubes in my seat bag. I never had an issue. I ride tubeless now. I still carry two cartridges, with a single Tubolito tube. I’ve use one cartridge in the last two years and have never need to use a spare tube. I’m sorry, but frame pumps suck.
I am sorry but no they don't.

1. They are the best method to put air in your tires. Faster than mini pump, way more reliable than dumb CO2 and better for the environment.
2. They look amazing and makes you look like a classy gentleman/woman.
3. When your friend has a flat, you will be the hero that has a nice pump to help her/him out... or anyone on the road, tubed or tubeless, it does not matter.

Not only you are carrying 2 CO2s which might or might not work when you need them, but you also carry a tubolito which is known for being absolute garbage. Also now that you bragged about how you have not had many flats in the past 2 years you are going to double flat.... you only have 1 tubolito but it will probably fail before it can even be inflated. However your buddy not only has a couple of proper tubes (sure, it does not weight 19.99999999 grams) and happens to carry a nice Topeak mastesblaster (not the crappy $5000 silcas) which is not only ugly and always on display on the TT but works so damn well and is the envy of the town since they are now discontinued. Your tire will be fixed and yall will ride to the sunset.
Old 09-25-2020, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
I am sorry but no they don't.

1. They are the best method to put air in your tires. Faster than mini pump, way more reliable than dumb CO2 and better for the environment.
2. They look amazing and makes you look like a classy gentleman/woman.
3. When your friend has a flat, you will be the hero that has a nice pump to help her/him out... or anyone on the road, tubed or tubeless, it does not matter.

Not only you are carrying 2 CO2s which might or might not work when you need them, but you also carry a tubolito which is known for being absolute garbage. Also now that you bragged about how you have not had many flats in the past 2 years you are going to double flat.... you only have 1 tubolito but it will probably fail before it can even be inflated. However your buddy not only has a couple of proper tubes (sure, it does not weight 19.99999999 grams) and happens to carry a nice Topeak mastesblaster (not the crappy $5000 silcas) which is not only ugly and always on display on the TT but works so damn well and is the envy of the town since they are now discontinued. Your tire will be fixed and yall will ride to the sunset.
I spent far too much time on the side of the road through the winters of the 80s and 90s trying to pump spare tubular tires with a Silca Imperio pump that would blow apart if I didn’t hold it together. I was so appreciative when CO2 cartridges could be used.
Old 09-25-2020, 05:42 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
I spent far too much time on the side of the road through the winters of the 80s and 90s trying to pump spare tubular tires with a Silca Imperio pump that would blow apart if I didn’t hold it together. I was so appreciative when CO2 cartridges could be used.

never tried the old impero but if its anything like the new ones, its hot garbage. A good frame pump is fantastic. Now look, is it as fast as a co2? no its not, does it work well and will have you back on the road in less than 5 minutes? yes it will. And it will pump your front tire, back, friend, neighbor
Old 09-25-2020, 05:47 PM
I need you cool.

Does brewing beer release CO2 into the environment?

I am feeling so bad about using 1 CO2 cartridge in the past 10 years I am thinking should start shopping frame pumps.....clearly been doing it wrong for far too long....
Old 09-25-2020, 05:59 PM
Small ring

I have a lot of cool, old frame pumps. Mostly in larger sizes, because I can't use those. I guess I should sell them instead of displaying in my garage for only me to look at.
Old 09-25-2020, 06:03 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmudshark View Post
I have a lot of cool, old frame pumps. Mostly in larger sizes, because I can't use those. I guess I should sell them instead of displaying in my garage for only me to look at.
I mean they are a thing of beauty and class
Old 09-25-2020, 06:09 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty hopeful the man down under was referring to the disposable cartridges and not the CO2 release. If I'm wrong, then I guess everyone in Australia has stopped breathing.