Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-22-2020, 12:03 PM

Love the ideas incorporated in this bag. I'm in too deep with my Klickfix mounts (4 bikes) and Rixen&Kaul bag, which is larger and a good bit lighter, but now I am motivated to design mods to that bag to mount a light.
Old 09-23-2020, 09:04 AM

wasnt expecting to pick something up like this but it seems really well thought out and i've backed it with the additional two mounts option. i'm not a weight weenie and given how lightweight it is i'm happy to free up my pockets on rides and also have it on my commuter when i don't need my backpack.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:43 AM

I wish there was a strap across the front that was tight/sturdy enough to mount a clip-on light or something similar. The reflective tab looks a bit thin for that, unless I'm not viewing it correctly.

Still, this checks enough boxes that I'm going to buy one. I have an Ortlieb that works for touring on smooth roads, but it's not secure enough for gravel. This Routewerks looks great!
Old 09-23-2020, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinvc View Post
I wish there was a strap across the front that was tight/sturdy enough to mount a clip-on light or something similar. The reflective tab looks a bit thin for that, unless I'm not viewing it correctly.

Still, this checks enough boxes that I'm going to buy one. I have an Ortlieb that works for touring on smooth roads, but it's not secure enough for gravel. This Routewerks looks great!
they'll have an accessory to allow for mounting an extruded cylindrical nub off the side and put a bar-mount light onto it. tried linking photos from the kickstarter and they must be protected, but if you look on the page you'll see it.

Last edited by seanile; 09-23-2020 at 12:05 PM.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanile View Post
they'll have an accessory to allow for mounting and extruded cylindrical nub off the side and put a bar-mount light onto it. tried linking photos from the kickstarter and they must be protected, but if you look on the page you'll see it.
Yeah, I got the accessory nubs, but a front strap wouldn't be much of a modification and would add a bit of utility. Again, it's certainly not a deal-breaker (I've already made my pledge) but it would be a nice touch.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:22 PM

Is shipping included in the Kickstarter prices?
Old 09-25-2020, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbnm View Post
Is shipping included in the Kickstarter prices?
It was added after selecting the pledge, based on your location. Iirc, it was $15 for shipping in the U.S. for mine.
Old 09-25-2020, 11:13 PM

Any real life usage reviews of rides on rough roads/light gravel? Things bouncing around and rattling would do me in. It looks like it has a few places to secure things. How stable & quiet is it on those kind of roads when, say, half full?
Old 09-26-2020, 12:04 AM

Backed the option with two accessory nubs to use on the Bike Friday I just picked up. I don't have any other handlebar bags so this actually fits the bill perfectly. Looking forward to using it!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoti View Post
Any real life usage reviews of rides on rough roads/light gravel? Things bouncing around and rattling would do me in. It looks like it has a few places to secure things. How stable & quiet is it on those kind of roads when, say, half full?
Loose things in the main compartment will bounce around on rough roads. To help out the bag has 4 internal pockets, 3 with snap closures and one with a zipper. The bottom of the bag also has a thin pad and the lid bag has a little padding built in as well.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicycletricycle View Post
Loose things in the main compartment will bounce around on rough roads. To help out the bag has 4 internal pockets, 3 with snap closures and one with a zipper. The bottom of the bag also has a thin pad and the lid bag has a little padding built in as well.
I would expect loose stuff to bounce. It does look like it's given thought to that with the compartments inside. Do they work well? I don't expect silence, but bags where you just toss stuff in are horrible. And how about the bag itself? If my computer/phone is attached to the lid, I'd like that to be fairly stable, as well. Does it move around over much?
Thanks. I don't use these bags, and I'm very interested so increasing your target audience.
Old 09-26-2020, 09:16 AM

The bag itself is silent and rattle free. I designed it with this specifically in mind. The bag has 4 internal and 2 external pockets so that you can securely store cargo that you wouldn’t want bouncing around (tools, CO2, battery, etc.). This in theory leaves the main compartment free for softer things like food and clothing. Just like any other bag it only works as well as you pack it. Some combinations of cargo will work better than others. The whole bag is a pretty stable platform and doesn’t bounce around too much but this depends a lot on the weight you have in it and the terrain. I ride it mostly with my phone on top on the road and light off road/gravel and it works well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoti View Post
I would expect loose stuff to bounce. It does look like it's given thought to that with the compartments inside. Do they work well? I don't expect silence, but bags where you just toss stuff in are horrible. And how about the bag itself? If my computer/phone is attached to the lid, I'd like that to be fairly stable, as well. Does it move around over much?
Thanks. I don't use these bags, and I'm very interested so increasing your target audience.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:24 AM

This is the first time I've clicked on the thread. Looked at the Kickstarter, super cool. I've recently gotten into having a handlebar bag and it's been quite nice to be able to throw things like a burrito in. Love the Routewerks bag and seriously considering backing. Looks like shipping if one gets into the first batch is January 2021, congratulations on setting a date and getting this far.

I do have one concern. I noticed you were fully backed in 6 hours and at this point have double the amount you were asking for after only five of thirty days. Congratulations on the success, which must feel awesome. However I've noticed almost universally on projects where the creator was unable to accurately gauge prior demand, there end up being seriously long shipping delays due to the sheer volume of orders. As mentioned you currently have double the money you were asking for, and I expect that number to go up by multiples.

Do you expect that getting, say, 5x more commitments that you had planned for would cause manufacturing logistics issues and shipping delays? Again, awesome bag, but I also don't want this to be something where I back now and get the bag in 2022, in which case I'll just buy when it comes to market.
Old 09-26-2020, 11:06 AM

The team that is working on the bag does product development for a living. We are already getting pre production samples from factories that are capable of fulfilling very large orders. That being said, the supply chain has been pretty bumpy recently, things seem to be smoothing out some now but covid related shutdowns this winter are always possible and may effect things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzxc View Post
This is the first time I've clicked on the thread. Looked at the Kickstarter, super cool. I've recently gotten into having a handlebar bag and it's been quite nice to be able to throw things like a burrito in. Love the Routewerks bag and seriously considering backing. Looks like shipping if one gets into the first batch is January 2021, congratulations on setting a date and getting this far.

I do have one concern. I noticed you were fully backed in 6 hours and at this point have double the amount you were asking for after only five of thirty days. Congratulations on the success, which must feel awesome. However I've noticed almost universally on projects where the creator was unable to accurately gauge prior demand, there end up being seriously long shipping delays due to the sheer volume of orders. As mentioned you currently have double the money you were asking for, and I expect that number to go up by multiples.

Do you expect that getting, say, 5x more commitments that you had planned for would cause manufacturing logistics issues and shipping delays? Again, awesome bag, but I also don't want this to be something where I back now and get the bag in 2022, in which case I'll just buy when it comes to market.
Old 10-21-2020, 03:33 PM

Last few hours of the kickstarter, they will be available for pre-order after this but at a higher cost.