Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 02:01 PM

The correct way to approach this is open up a claim with Paypal and follow the instructions. They should allow you to document everything that went wrong in the transaction. This way it's all documented, you can add a tracking number for the return, etc. and get reimbursed after the return shows up as delivered in their system.

If you don't have irrefutable documentation that the seller said the whole package is 3.5 lb, don't bother. That Pinkbike ad is vague at best so you'll need more.

Before doing that, I'd do the following:

- Warn the seller it's happening, that you're opening up a claim in Paypal, and you're just doing it to correctly document the issue to protect both parties. Nothing personal. I'd be pissed if a claim opened up without my knowledge but if the buyer lessened the blow by giving me half a day to make it right on my terms, I'd personally handle it better.

- Expect to pay return shipping, but get reimbursed in full with the refund so you'll get reimbursed for the original shipping. Them's the breaks of buying old sh*t on the internet.

Last edited by Pegoready; 09-25-2020 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-25-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegoready View Post
- Expect to pay return shipping, but get reimbursed in full with the refund so you'll get reimbursed for the original shipping. Them's the breaks.
This isn't necessarily true. Sometimes paypal creates a resolution where the buyer is expected to pay for the return shipping and NOT get reimbursed, even when the seller is fully at fault.

Had this happen with an active member of the forum who shall remain nameless. After providing unequivocal evidence that they shipped a counterfeit item they asked if the item had been installed (it hadn't been), and if it had been they would NOT accept a return. Had to go through paypal case manager to rule in my favor. Never a single apology or acknowledgment that they were in the wrong.

Still have plenty of faith as every other interaction has been top notch, and chalk it up to what has been mentioned before - the exception that proves the rule.
Old 09-25-2020, 02:14 PM
Peter Pan Oath adherent

Pretty sure this is completely done

Time to move on

BK

Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.
Old 09-25-2020, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinzerniner View Post
This isn't necessarily true. Sometimes paypal creates a resolution where the buyer is expected to pay for the return shipping and NOT get reimbursed, even when the seller is fully at fault.

Had this happen with an active member of the forum who shall remain nameless. After providing unequivocal evidence that they shipped a counterfeit item they asked if the item had been installed (it hadn't been), and if it had been they would NOT accept a return. Had to go through paypal case manager to rule in my favor. Never a single apology or acknowledgment that they were in the wrong.

Still have plenty of faith as every other interaction has been top notch, and chalk it up to what has been mentioned before - the exception that proves the rule.
Sure, always exceptions. ON eBay sales, you definitely get reimbursed shipping both ways. All I'm saying is expect to pay return shipping so you're not disappointed.

Again, if you follow the instructions in Paypal it's all easy.

Good thing you paid G&S.
Closed Thread