Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-12-2011, 08:59 AM

campy shifter rebuild

ok i have established that my left shifter, ergo campy chorus is worn out, where is the best place to buy replacement parts.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:16 AM

From an LBS that does the rebuilds - they'll get you the right parts.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankldu
ok i have established that my left shifter, ergo campy chorus is worn out, where is the best place to buy replacement parts.
A bike shop that 'qui si parla Campagnolo', but beware of certain MO places that will want you to buy things(like a shift disc/index ring) that you don't need. Shift springs are all you probably need, maybe a spring carrier(rare to see a LH one break tho). I gots 'em..$5 per shift spring, $10 for spring carrier.

Or send it to me, OVH, front to back, $40 + parts, one day turnaround.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:28 AM
cmg

Brandford bike, http://branfordbike.com/ will either sell you parts or do the repair, service + parts. They have several levels of repair kits you can buy and will forward a dismantling instructions. You can also do a search on youtube for dis-assembly and re-assembly videos. i'm in the same boat. need to dismantle the shifter and see what is wrong with it.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmg
Brandford bike, http://branfordbike.com/ will either sell you parts or do the repair, service + parts. They have several levels of repair kits you can buy and will forward a dismantling instructions. You can also do a search on youtube for dis-assembly and re-assembly videos. i'm in the same boat. need to dismantle the shifter and see what is wrong with it.
Wow, I guess I need to raise my prices(nope).
Old 08-12-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe
A bike shop that 'qui si parla Campagnolo', but beware of certain MO places that will want you to buy things(like a shift disc/index ring) that you don't need. Shift springs are all you probably need, maybe a spring carrier(rare to see a LH one break tho). I gots 'em..$5 per shift spring, $10 for spring carrier.

It is good to know that I have a good option. I envision riding my drivetrain for a very long time so it is good that it can be rebuilt for a reasonable cost.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:25 AM

campy shifter rebuild

Ok man i pm'ed yu i would like to get the parts you mention for the left side, hit me back wen yu get a chance i can papal yu the $.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe