Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-27-2005, 11:41 PM

TdF Guide

I received my copy of the Velo New TdF Guide last night (it takes a little while to get here), so apologies if this is old news. I had in a chuckle when reading Hinault's comments on each team and in particular over this pointed barb to T-Mobile:

"With the only conditions being that they are spared misfortune and, above all, that they learn how to race! When I think about the blunders of the Ullrich-Kloden duo! I mean, really: LeMond and I knew how to get along better."

Ouch.

Hopefully for the sake of a good race, they do a little better this year, or is this just wishful thinking on my part?
Old 06-27-2005, 11:48 PM
biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBB
I received my copy of the Velo New TdF Guide last night (it takes a little while to get here), so apologies if this is old news. I had in a chuckle when reading Hinault's comments on each team and in particular over this pointed barb to T-Mobile:

"With the only conditions being that they are spared misfortune and, above all, that they learn how to race! When I think about the blunders of the Ullrich-Kloden duo! I mean, really: LeMond and I knew how to get along better."

Ouch.

Hopefully for the sake of a good race, they do a little better this year, or is this just wishful thinking on my part?
Ullrich-Kloden is no Hinault-Lemond. The Duo will be out of the podium this year.

P.S. LA is unbeatable (not that I like him to win...).
Old 06-28-2005, 08:51 AM
spiderlake

Just got my copy yesterday and I also laughed at the Hinault comments regarding T-Mobile. I also thought it was interesting that he predicted Leipheimer to finish no higher than 10th. While he thinks LA will win (and I share that thought), he seems really keen on Alejandro Valverde and thinks he has the tools to win it all.

I was also impressed with the detailed maps of each stage. Will certainly come in handy when trying to find the best position to watch a stage.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:09 PM

The maps were a good touch.

Interesting that Hinault thinks Valverde can win. Probably a bit of a tall order in his first race, more so given that his first race will be the final chapter of Armstrong v Ullrich.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:31 PM
Ride 'yer bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderlake
I was also impressed with the detailed maps of each stage. Will certainly come in handy when trying to find the best position to watch a stage.
The best position to watch a stage is probably at RedBones, at the bar with the TV, a big plate of ribs and a beer in front of me.

For those not from these parts, RedBones is a BBQ place in Somerville MA that's known for being bike friendly. In July they have a coupe of mornings where there's an early ride followed by breakfast and watching the tour stage on TV. If any other forum members want to do this, I can always be talked into a ride that ends with food...
Old 06-28-2005, 10:22 PM
Dr. Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti Designs
RedBones is a BBQ place in Somerville MA
no barbeque

above VA

ahem