Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-21-2006, 05:29 PM
catulle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrk
This is my twentieth year at the University of Rochester

lucky me, dbrk
Small world...!!! One of my daughter's old school mates is going to the University of Rochester next year. He just returned with his dad from an exploratory trip and he came back totally crazy about U of R. His name is Zach, and he installed the computer on my C-50. He's a great kid and I love him like a son. He is a top rate soccer player and a black belt in Karate. He is a skinny scroungy kid with spiked hair and he is as good as they come.

Now that I get back home I'll call him to find out when he is planning to leave for Rochester in order to send you a rock or a palm tree or something from the tropics. There must be something good going on in Rochester. Groovy. Groovy is my word for 2006. The missus is already about to kill me each time I say groovy. She's no fun. Hey, groovy.
Old 04-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Helianthus annuus

Quote:
Originally Posted by catulle
Small world...!!! One of my daughter's old school mates is going to the University of Rochester next year. ...There must be something good going on in Rochester. Groovy...Hey, groovy.
Be sure to send the little villian my way. Tell him to ignore the sign on my office door, the one that quotes of my favorite-est of disinvitations: "Nobody gets to see the Wizard. Not nobody. Not nohow." And then there are the naked, ash-smeared, bowl-bearing ascetics chanting in Sanskrit in the hallway up there in Rush Rhees Library...So be assured, I will do my best to dissuade him of both our academic excellence and, of course, our claim to the best weather anywhere in these fair United States. Yup, you heard it here: students come for the weather. Okay, I'm lying, but it is fun to say. And a spring day, like today, is just remarkably beautiful. (It's supposed to rain all weekend...)

Thread relevance: Cycling invites torture but nothing beats what we who hold America's Second Best Job can inflict upon your children, You Who Pay Exorbitant Tuitions!

d[second]b[est]rk

Last edited by dbrk; 04-21-2006 at 06:24 PM.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keno
I'm expecting to see one buff dude at Notrott. You, no doubt, will take matters into your own hands and lead the fast group into exhaustion.

keno
Over wine and Sierra Nevada maybe!!!!