Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-20-2012, 03:44 PM

22h/24h Campy hubs - what rim or spokes?

On SFCL, there's a set of "Campy hubs" with 22h/24h configuration. Its pretty obvious, these came from a set of Campy "pre-built" boutique wheels. Other than Campy rims and spokes, which are exorbitant, if you can even find them, are there any other rims from other mfrs like say Mavic, Velocity, Ambrosio rims; DT, Wheelsmith or Sapim spokes that can be used?

Or is one limited to Campy-only proprietary rims and spokes? In which case, these hubs might be good for parts. Good Luck!
Old 02-20-2012, 04:10 PM
In Velo Veritas

I know Velocity offers various rims in 24h. Can't say about the others; I'm sure there are. 22 hole seems like a rare bird, but I'm sure you can arrange custom drillings on blank rims. Send an email to Velocity and see what they say.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfd
On SFCL, there's a set of "Campy hubs" with 22h/24h configuration. Its pretty obvious, these came from a set of Campy "pre-built" boutique wheels. Other than Campy rims and spokes, which are exorbitant, if you can even find them, are there any other rims from other mfrs like say Mavic, Velocity, Ambrosio rims; DT, Wheelsmith or Sapim spokes that can be used?

Or is one limited to Campy-only proprietary rims and spokes? In which case, these hubs might be good for parts. Good Luck!
24 is pretty easy(Velocity). 22 not so much. I think the other issue is spokes, if straight pull.