Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-13-2021, 10:28 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
The “X” factor is Curry. He’s a revolutionary player, in so many ways. His training regimen is “must see TV” for a fitness junkie and personal trainer such as myself: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M0FwbaLVHpg
The proprioceptive stuff he does is amazing. I’ve borrowed some of those “progressive imbalance” stuff for my clients. One-legged stuff with physio balls, med balls and basketballs in different sequences.

His athleticism is unique in that in doesn’t manifest itself in overt physical cues. LeBron looked like a God the minute he stepped on the court. Curry looked like a 98 pound weakling. But his hand/eye coordination is off the charts. The closest analogy I can think of is Brady. His TB12 stuff is kind of cultish, but the concept of “pliability” has serious merit. Brady doesn’t “look” the part of the GOAT, but he is.

A good, light read on Curry’s continued output: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sfc...n-15940903.php

As for the rest of your contentions: all depends on how you define “salad.” If you’re defining the salad as the main meal, complete with Beluga caviar, truffles, and finely aged balsamic vinegar ... then no. But as a pretty good “house salad” for the next several years - enough to keep the Chase regulars satiated - I would think so.
They showed the shooting he was doing in practice before the game. Nailing them from the half court logo. I think it was 8 of 10 he hit. Incredible.
Old 04-13-2021, 10:29 PM

Quote:
The “X” factor is Curry. He’s a revolutionary player, in so many ways. His training regimen is “must see TV” for a fitness junkie and personal trainer such as myself: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M0FwbaLVHpg
The proprioceptive stuff he does is amazing. I’ve borrowed some of those “progressive imbalance” stuff for my clients. One-legged stuff with physio balls, med balls and basketballs in different sequences.

His athleticism is unique in that in doesn’t manifest itself in overt physical cues. LeBron looked like a God the minute he stepped on the court. Curry looked like a 98 pound weakling. But his hand/eye coordination is off the charts. The closest analogy I can think of is Brady. His TB12 stuff is kind of cultish, but the concept of “pliability” has serious merit. Brady doesn’t “look” the part of the GOAT, but he is.

A good, light read on Curry’s continued output: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sfc...n-15940903.php

As for the rest of your contentions: all depends on how you define “salad.” If you’re defining the salad as the main meal, complete with Beluga caviar, truffles, and finely aged balsamic vinegar ... then no. But as a pretty good “house salad” for the next several years - enough to keep the Chase regulars satiated - I would think so.
There are no Chase regulars. They had four months of god awful basketball because everyone was hurt, then the season shut down and decamped for the summer/fall bubble.

The tech bros want to see the Death Lineup out there like it's 2015 before they hit the Caltrain back to Santa Clara. That's what got the arena built. What made the fanbase the fanbase was abandoned at Oracle for luxury box money in Mission Bay.

Father time's undefeated, great workout regimen or no. Curry's missed significant time because of his ankle as recently as 2017. Klay's coming back from a torn ACL. Draymond is clearly declining -- and his ceiling was the lowest of the group as it was. They're all over 30 now.

Those three guys won't be playing together in two years. Wiggins and Wiseman are 26 and 19, they're not going anywhere. Curry's the face of the franchise, he's staying even though his contract is up in 2022.

But we've seen the Ghost of Christmas future this year, assuming they ditch Klay. Curry has to play out of his mind, old Draymond has to show up in spurts, Wiggins becomes more consistent and Wiseman matures, and it's a .500 ballclub. If they ship out Draymond -- which we've seen in spurts this year -- the defense becomes a sieve and they fall apart.

Both Klay and Draymond are under contract through 2024. Who's more palatable to pay as a 35 year old? $43 million to Klay or $27 million to Dray? Neither seems particularly appealing, and none of that combo gets "Chase regulars" hyped.
Old 04-13-2021, 10:38 PM

Quote:

Klay is the X-factor, coming off major knee surgery. Curry is a certainty. You should see Kate Courtney's and Nino's proprioceptive workouts. That stuff has really helped Kate's MTB technical skills which is/was the weakest part of her racing.
Old 04-13-2021, 11:02 PM

Attachment 1698022971
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
Klay is the X-factor, coming off major knee surgery. Curry is a certainty. You should see Kate Courtney's and Nino's proprioceptive workouts. That stuff has really helped Kate's MTB technical skills which is/was the weakest part of her racing.
Since you brought it up, all that stability ball stuff is great. (Although, personally, I'm not a fan of standing squats on stability balls. I think the risk/reward factor is skewed) Really good training for skiers, snowboarders, and surfers. The basic "kneel on stability ball" is great for seniors.
Attached Images
File Type: png GBnJB.png (73.8 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by XXtwindad; 04-13-2021 at 11:07 PM.
Old 04-13-2021, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
There are no Chase regulars. They had four months of god awful basketball because everyone was hurt, then the season shut down and decamped for the summer/fall bubble.

The tech bros want to see the Death Lineup out there like it's 2015 before they hit the Caltrain back to Santa Clara. That's what got the arena built. What made the fanbase the fanbase was abandoned at Oracle for luxury box money in Mission Bay.

Father time's undefeated, great workout regimen or no. Curry's missed significant time because of his ankle as recently as 2017. Klay's coming back from a torn ACL. Draymond is clearly declining -- and his ceiling was the lowest of the group as it was. They're all over 30 now.

Those three guys won't be playing together in two years. Wiggins and Wiseman are 26 and 19, they're not going anywhere. Curry's the face of the franchise, he's staying even though his contract is up in 2022.

But we've seen the Ghost of Christmas future this year, assuming they ditch Klay. Curry has to play out of his mind, old Draymond has to show up in spurts, Wiggins becomes more consistent and Wiseman matures, and it's a .500 ballclub. If they ship out Draymond -- which we've seen in spurts this year -- the defense becomes a sieve and they fall apart.

Both Klay and Draymond are under contract through 2024. Who's more palatable to pay as a 35 year old? $43 million to Klay or $27 million to Dray? Neither seems particularly appealing, and none of that combo gets "Chase regulars" hyped.
No use wasting pixels on the Dubs future. We can agree to disagree. But you have an interesting point about the Chase Center. Especially post-Pandemic. With techies decamping for the Hinterlands, who knows what kind of crowds the Dub will be able to draw from. The Coliseum was like the neighborhood bar. You knew it was going to be packed, even in the Troy Murphy heyday.

It will be interesting to see what the future holds...
Old 04-13-2021, 11:29 PM

If they are smart/able to act dispassionately, they will get what they can for Dray in the last year of his contract. He's been an integral part of their great run, and he's still one of the smartest defenders in the league, maybe the smartest. But he is donezo athletically and is less than zero on offense. Sorry. Time waits for no man.

They've got the Minnesota pick this year, and could conceivably swap Wiseman or maybe Klay for another lottery pick. I think it's time to move on.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:37 AM

Meanwhile, in other Western Conference news, Jamal Murray is done for the year. I hope he can come back 100% from this.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...e-indefinitely
Old 04-14-2021, 09:34 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghetti Legs View Post
Meanwhile, in other Western Conference news, Jamal Murray is done for the year. I hope he can come back 100% from this.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...e-indefinitely
Anyone else can't stand Stephen A. Smith or is it just me?
Old 04-14-2021, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocipede View Post
You're not alone, that man is not even an analyst anymore but instead some weird wrestling heel spitting lame "hot takes"
Old 04-14-2021, 10:54 AM

Quote:
If you're still listening to Stephen A, you've got no one to blame but yourself.
Old 04-14-2021, 12:11 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escarabajo View Post
You're not alone, that man is not even an analyst anymore but instead some weird wrestling heel spitting lame "hot takes"
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
If you're still listening to Stephen A, you've got no one to blame but yourself.
I don't watch or listen to him. But he's everywhere when you're looking at sports news.
Old 04-14-2021, 11:30 PM
Vendor

Curry did it again and Draymond put up a triple-double. Good game. Another fun one to watch. Only team this season to post a 50 point quarter. I bet if Curry played the 4th, they would've had the new team 3pt record(24), NBA 3pt record(29) and Curry would've had had the individual record(14). They finished with 24, and Curry with 11.
Old 04-15-2021, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Curry did it again and Draymond put up a triple-double. Good game. Another fun one to watch. Only team this season to post a 50 point quarter. I bet if Curry played the 4th, they would've had the new team 3pt record(24), NBA 3pt record(29) and Curry would've had had the individual record(14). They finished with 24, and Curry with 11.
Steph made it look soooo easy. Even when the Dunder sent two defenders to slow him down.

I'd be scared to play these cats in the play-in tourney.
Old 04-15-2021, 03:29 AM

That Luka game winner vs. Cavendish’s win streak, which one is more surprising?
Old 04-15-2021, 06:49 AM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshmosh View Post
Steph made it look soooo easy. Even when the Dunder sent two defenders to slow him down.

I'd be scared to play these cats in the play-in tourney.
He did. He does at times. Even against Denver who were triple and quadruple teaming him he still put up 53. He's just that good at freeing himself up for shots.

I read a stat yesterday that Steph is the most covered of all the shooters or stars on any team. I'll have to find the stats. It was an interesting read.