Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Custom Bikes

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 09-12-2017, 05:38 PM
justaute justaute is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 167
Here are a few of the build-parts.

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-12-2017, 05:39 PM
belopsky belopsky is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by justaute View Post
Here are a few of the build-parts.

I am running that crank 1x (42t). Love it.

I wish the 2x came in a compact.. 48/32 would be lovely.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-12-2017, 05:43 PM
justaute justaute is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 167
Nice. For now, I don't think I will use those Easton chainrings. Will likely put my 46/34 Ultegra chainrings on...assuming they fit. Still debating about 1x, but just don't think the gear ratios in the middle of the cassette are close enough. I think there's plenty of range. Might try 1x one day. Certainly love it on my mtb bike and had a 1x10 on my cross bike a few years ago.

Easton said it's developing something sub-compact.


Quote:
Originally Posted by belopsky View Post
I am running that crank 1x (42t). Love it.

I wish the 2x came in a compact.. 48/32 would be lovely.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-12-2017, 05:45 PM
belopsky belopsky is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by justaute View Post
Nice. For now, I don't think I will use those Easton chainrings. Will likely put my 46/34 Ultegra chainrings on...assuming they fit. Still debating about 1x, but just don't think the gear ratios in the middle of the cassette are close enough. I think there's plenty of range. Might try 1x one day. Certainly love it on my mtb bike and had a 1x10 on my cross bike a few years ago.

Easton said it's developing something sub-compact.
I've been trying to find a spider but cannot, but it just hit me..The Race Face cinch spider should be the same interface should it not?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-12-2017, 05:56 PM
justaute justaute is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by belopsky View Post
Hm, how will the 46/34 fit? Is the BCD of the Easton spider the same?
I've been trying to find the Easton spider by itself but can't find it for sale anywhere
Easton also has asymmetrical 110 BCD. It's suppose to work.

I just took this photo, which I overlay an Ultegra 36T on the inside. The bolt-pattern appears to work. Aesthetically, it probably won't look as good in that the width of each arm is different and Easton's bolt location is also a bit off-set.

Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-12-2017, 05:58 PM
justaute justaute is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 167
Yes, they use the same cinch spider. However, the BCD patterns are different in that the RF pattern is for mtb, so it's hard to find shifting chainring set. I had thought about that.

Contact Easton. It may sell you just the spider. I got a decent deal on the spider/chainrings because my frame-builder got it OEM.


Quote:
Originally Posted by belopsky View Post
I've been trying to find a spider but cannot, but it just hit me..The Race Face cinch spider should be the same interface should it not?
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-12-2017, 06:03 PM
belopsky belopsky is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 559
Cool, thanks for the photo.
The other question that just came up in my mind is - The Easton have a 47mm chainline which is good for 135/142..what do I do if my rear is going to be 130mm on my Gunnar.?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-12-2017, 06:09 PM
justaute justaute is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 167
The 47mm chainline is for 1x11. Easton has a chainline of 45mm for shifting chainrings. https://www.eastoncycling.com/produc...shifting-rings

Also, Race Face has different spindle lengths that you can buy/swap to optimize your ideal chainline. In my case, I'm going 5mm wider (2.5/side).

Quote:
Originally Posted by belopsky View Post
Cool, thanks for the photo.
The other question that just came up in my mind is - The Easton have a 47mm chainline which is good for 135/142..what do I do if my rear is going to be 130mm on my Gunnar.?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-12-2017, 06:20 PM
belopsky belopsky is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by justaute View Post
The 47mm chainline is for 1x11. Easton has a chainline of 45mm for shifting chainrings. https://www.eastoncycling.com/produc...shifting-rings

Also, Race Face has different spindle lengths that you can buy/swap to optimize your ideal chainline. In my case, I'm going 5mm wider (2.5/side).
Do you think a 47mm chainline (1x11) would be fine with my 130mm rear on an upcoming bike? I already have the 68/73mm spindle (the stock the Easton came with)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-12-2017, 06:32 PM
justaute justaute is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 167
Personally, I think it'll be ok because of 1x. 1x has to deal with such a large range of gears in the cassette, I'm not sure there is a perfect chainline. My 2 pesos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belopsky View Post
Do you think a 47mm chainline (1x11) would be fine with my 130mm rear on an upcoming bike? I already have the 68/73mm spindle (the stock the Easton came with)
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-12-2017, 06:34 PM
belopsky belopsky is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by justaute View Post
Personally, I think it'll be ok because of 1x. 1x has to deal with such a large range of gears in the cassette, I'm not sure there is a perfect chainline. My 2 pesos.
Prob right and probably only an issue on big/small combination
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-12-2017, 07:22 PM
12snap 12snap is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtakeda View Post
This looks amazing.

Did someone say routt? 54cm perhaps?
There's a 54 cm Routt for sale in classifieds right now.
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showth...ighlight=routt
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.