Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-05-2018, 08:06 PM

Go Dawgs

Can not believe no one is talking about the National Championship Game this Monday. It is going to be a tough one. I predict my Georgia Bulldogs will win.

Last edited by joosttx; 01-05-2018 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
Can not believe no one is talking about the National Championship Game this Monday. It is going to be a tough one. I predict my Georgia Bulldogs will win.
I am pulling for Georgia as well. If they can keep from giving up a large lead early I think they will take it. OU’s defense wasn’t up for the challenge of the UGA run game in the 2nd half but Bama’s will. I predict a low scoring defensive battle that UGA wins late.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:23 PM

I also don’t like having two SEC schools in the Championship game. I don’t think you should be able to get into the playoff if you didn’t win your conference even if it is clear you are a better team than one who got in who was a conference champ. I live in SEC country and am mostly an LSU fan. I’d rather see teams play that don’t match up often or at all in the regular season
Old 01-05-2018, 08:39 PM
coffee consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msl819 View Post
I also don’t like having two SEC schools in the Championship game. I don’t think you should be able to get into the playoff if you didn’t win your conference even if it is clear you are a better team than one who got in who was a conference champ. I live in SEC country and am mostly an LSU fan. I’d rather see teams play that don’t match up often or at all in the regular season
sorry you don't like it...maybe you guys could work out more and play a little harder and maybe y'all can get a shot?

Roll Tide!
Old 01-05-2018, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephr View Post
sorry you don't like it...maybe you guys could work out more and play a little harder and maybe y'all can get a shot?

Roll Tide!
Bama sucks.

Last edited by joosttx; 01-05-2018 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephr View Post

Roll Tide!
I hear ya... but I would feel the same way if it were Penn State and Ohio State. I will say this. Bama was definitely back to full strength last week. The team I saw the last month of the season, I didn’t even think was top 4 in the nation. Their defense looked dang good against Clemson.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Bama sucks.
I completely agree!
Old 01-05-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I am pulling for Georgia as well. If they can keep from giving up a large lead early I think they will take it. OU’s defense wasn’t up for the challenge of the UGA run game in the 2nd half but Bama’s will. I predict a low scoring defensive battle that UGA wins late.
Quote:
Bama sucks.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:58 PM
Classics Fan

4 teams really seems pretty limited for a play off. On the other hand, until the players start getting paid, I'm not sure it would be fair to add more games to justify another round or two of playoffs.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:59 PM

I love that UCF is declaring themselves National Champs. Everyone will blast them for it but for decades we had multiple schools laying claim to titles.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTuck View Post
4 teams really seems pretty limited for a play off. On the other hand, until the players start getting paid, I'm not sure it would be fair to add more games to justify another round or two of playoffs.
You say that but it happens at every level of football except FBS. It has little to do with player safety and everything to do with $$$. An 8 team playoff only adds one game per school.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:02 PM
Vendor

As a Buckeyes fan, I am rooting for the Dawgs. It should be an interesting game to watch. As long as the Warriors aren't on.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:14 PM

Quote:
I love that UCF is declaring themselves National Champs. Everyone will blast them for it but for decades we had multiple schools laying claim to titles.
Yup. Me too, and I like the fact that they paid their coaches the bonuses as stipulated in their contact if the won the national championship.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Exactly. Only conference champions should be eligible. If not then expand the number of teams entering the playoffs.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:19 PM
coffee consumer

Quote:
I hear ya... but I would feel the same way if it were Penn State and Ohio State. I will say this. Bama was definitely back to full strength last week. The team I saw the last month of the season, I didn’t even think was top 4 in the nation. Their defense looked dang good against Clemson.
Fair enough....I hope they move to an 8 game system soon, but working the details and fitting that around school finals makes some challenges. But, like Nick Saban discusses, the more we focus on playoffs, the less each seasons' games means. I'm actually surprised after last year's fiasco when Penn State won the conference championship and had on-field win over Ohio State, yet Ohio State was picked to go into the Final 4???? That was a load of BS and Urban Meyer proved what a waste of time his team was that year.

Bama's defense looked strong, fresh against Clemson and Georgia looked like a complete team against OK Sooners. Its definitely going to be an interesting game and really, the Chubb/Michel duo reminds me of Auburn's Brown/Williams pair of 2005. GA has the advantage at QB too, as Hurts has a strong arm, but sometimes the offense just seems to sit down when they're comfortable and rely on defense to run the clock out. They'll have to stop the run game and make Fromm throw it and hope the secondary can do just enough to keep it from getting out of control. Bama needs to run effectively and control the clock. If it gets into a shoot-out, GA will win out.

For the record, I'm a Auburn fan first, and had some good games this year, just a little inconsistent...and they were dead tired at the SEC Championship game....plus, Kirby had his team ready....can't take that away from them at all.

Still, I really enjoy saying "Roll Tide"....there's immense entertainment value behind those words---as you can tell by others' reactions here!