Old 12-08-2017, 11:02 PM

Well, I was just approved so I'll give this a shot too:

real name, Jim
* where do you live? Northern Utah, surrounded by Mts on all sides
* explanation of your handle -Ummm
* explanation of your avatar -Ummmm...not created...yet
* age - Past 1/2 a century
* occupation -Working too much, retired Army
* favorite bike- Wow, if I had to pick one today it would be my Giordana XL Super
* what's in your stable? AMF Hercules, Giordana XL Super & Antares, 1987 Schwinns (Paramount, Prologue, Circuit x2, Tempo), Schwinn Paramount PDG Series (prototype) Prologue TT, Bob Jackson, Basso Gap, Bianchi Campione, De Rosa Nouvo Classico, Fuji S12-s & Opus III, Centurion Ironman Expert (in build), Kona Jake the Snake, Greg Lemond Maillot Jaune & Ventoux, Lemond Zurich & Tourmelet, Bridgestone Mile 112, Orbea Cabestany, Peugout U08, Serotta CSI,
* fastest speed on a road bike? 54.2 mph coming down Trapper Loop in Utah on my 1989 Giordana Antares.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? Bad year this year, I'm only at 4825 miles. Last year I was right under 8000 miles
* picture of yourself or your ride?

* Solo or group riding - Solo
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told - I don't lie,...wait....
* and, something fun. Most years I ride outside year round. Bring on the ice beard!
* How did you find the paceline Forum?* Researching my new Serotta
Old 12-09-2017, 09:00 AM

Here's an update.

Solvang Prelude a few years back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014 Prelude.jpg (144.4 KB, 824 views)
Old 12-09-2017, 05:24 PM

https://abloc.la/

Last edited by beeatnik; 01-13-2018 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:43 PM

Just approved, so here we go...

* real name, Justin
* where do you live? West Texas
* age (general or specific) 40s
* occupation Engineer
* what's in your stable? Orbea, Giant, Trek, Cannondale
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 57, Ohio
* how many miles last year? 7,000
* and, something fun. Rode from Pittsburgh to DC on GAP and C&O
* How did you find the paceline Forum?* Slowtwitch
Old 01-23-2018, 04:29 PM

Cool

* real name, Chris
* where do you live? Big Apple, NYC
* explanation of your handle: I like to have what no one else has. Dare to be different. Why make it the same when you can make it insane.
* explanation of your avatar: Yankees and Gizmo
* age (general or specific): 40+ (6 months) younger than you.
* favorite bike: Pinarello
* what's in your stable? Pinarello Prince SL.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Don't know I don't have a computer on any of them
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? Not enough to Brag about.
* picture of yourself or your ride? Its on a building stage right now. (Both of us)...lol...
* make up and answer at least one additional question. What is the next bike you want to buy? Pinarello Dogma F8 or F10.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told? My other car is a Pagani.
* and, something fun. Building this bike, and getting new ideas from this forum...

Last edited by Crazycustom; 01-23-2018 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:08 PM

I don't think I've ever posted here. Not having any luck posting a picture so here's some FB links.

On MLK Day last week with my ever constant running partner Lacey. I've put on some pounds since stopping all running and riding towards the end of last August. I just started walking again on Oct. 16.

Cause--- a fractured pelvis/sacrum bone. I fell of a Bosu Ball at home (flat side up in my bare feet ...very very stupid) last Feb. 1 and unknowingly at that time sustained a hairline fracture. I ran and rode (mostly ran) on it till almost the end of August thinking it was piriformis or sciatica. It made matters MUCH worse ! After I could not longer even walk down the block, I stubbornly finally got the MRI. I was totally housebound for 6 weeks , much of it on oxycodone and in excruciating pain -- can totally relate to what Tom Petty was going through with his hip fracture. Literally the worst time of my life.

Not back to running yet. Have a third MRI scheduled for March 1 and hope to be cleared for a return. Started some light biking late Dec. Trying to stay as flat as possible-- which is near impossible around here. Once or twice a week -- 45 to 75 minutes. At almost 65 (in June) my fitness level is at an all time low. It will come back but it's been a very frustrating time to say the least.

https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...91&oe=5AF0A3A5

Dec. of '16, before the stupid accident at home, in the Santa Monica Mountains. In the red , front and center.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

And the infamous Steve Potts 29er in the stand at Black Mountain Cycles. Sorry no "out in the wild " shots.
https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ba&oe=5AF3EBC5

I would like to get a dedicated road bike to replace my '02 Litespped Classic. The thing feels like a death trap every time I infrequently get on it. Kish, Eriksen or Strong are the likely candidates. Unless the owner of the LBS decides to sell me his Moots Vamoots that he rides once a year. He keeps going back and forth on selling it.

Last edited by Dave Ferris; 01-23-2018 at 06:18 PM. Reason: another failed attempt to embed the pics
Old 01-28-2018, 10:09 AM

Hi everyone. New to the forum and road cycling. Just started about 3months ago

* real name, Mike

* where do you live? Currently living in Japan,born in PA. Go Eagles!

* age (general or specific) late 30s

* occupation USMC 1310.

* what's in your stable? TREK Emonda

* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I think I hit 43 mph on a downhill last year.

* how many miles last year? Not very many......

* and, something fun. I love to travel,now I want to travel with my bike! Just did a couple weeks in Australia and New Zealand

* How did you find the paceline Forum?* A friend showed me.

Overall I’m very new to road cycling but it’s great and I love riding. Hopefully I can catch on to the lingo and all the components. I have a mechanic background and love tinkering around. I will be doing some reading on here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2018, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Ferris View Post
I don't think I've ever posted here. Not having any luck posting a picture so here's some FB links.

On MLK Day last week with my ever constant running partner Lacey. I've put on some pounds since stopping all running and riding towards the end of last August. I just started walking again on Oct. 16.

Cause--- a fractured pelvis/sacrum bone. I fell of a Bosu Ball at home (flat side up in my bare feet ...very very stupid) last Feb. 1 and unknowingly at that time sustained a hairline fracture. I ran and rode (mostly ran) on it till almost the end of August thinking it was piriformis or sciatica. It made matters MUCH worse ! After I could not longer even walk down the block, I stubbornly finally got the MRI. I was totally housebound for 6 weeks , much of it on oxycodone and in excruciating pain -- can totally relate to what Tom Petty was going through with his hip fracture. Literally the worst time of my life.

Not back to running yet. Have a third MRI scheduled for March 1 and hope to be cleared for a return. Started some light biking late Dec. Trying to stay as flat as possible-- which is near impossible around here. Once or twice a week -- 45 to 75 minutes. At almost 65 (in June) my fitness level is at an all time low. It will come back but it's been a very frustrating time to say the least.

https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...91&oe=5AF0A3A5

Dec. of '16, before the stupid accident at home, in the Santa Monica Mountains. In the red , front and center.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

And the infamous Steve Potts 29er in the stand at Black Mountain Cycles. Sorry no "out in the wild " shots.
https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ba&oe=5AF3EBC5

I would like to get a dedicated road bike to replace my '02 Litespped Classic. The thing feels like a death trap every time I infrequently get on it. Kish, Eriksen or Strong are the likely candidates. Unless the owner of the LBS decides to sell me his Moots Vamoots that he rides once a year. He keeps going back and forth on selling it.

Bummer on the hip. Best of luck to you in your recovery. I know It’s hard to be inactive when your used to being active.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2018, 12:40 AM
The bass playing cyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudAwkning View Post
* explanation of your avatar - I love Huey Lewis and The News. Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor. In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.
[/B]
I find it deeply satisfying to find someone that appreciates Huey as much as I do. We'll have to get together sometime and compare business cards.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:22 PM

Hello and thanks for having me!

* real name, Nikita
* where do you live? South Shore of Long Island....Flat & Windy
* explanation of your handle Wife and I like to ride!
* explanation of your avatar Don't have one yet
* age (general or specific) 52
* occupation Owner if a Timing and Scoring company
* favorite bike C-Dale Super Six High Mod w/SRAM Etap
* what's in your stable? 18 bikes.....almost one of everything
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 51, Shelter Island, NY
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 500 I had 2 heart attacks and open heart surgery
* picture of yourself or your ride? Wait for it......
* How did you find the paceline Forum?* A friend told me about it.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:54 PM

Who Are You?

Hi all, new to the forum. Thought I'd give this a go...

* real name, if you like
-Zack (definitely not "Zach")
* where do you live?
- Los Angeles, CA
* explanation of your handle
-Lack of creativity?
* explanation of your avatar
-See above (I'll get around to an avatar as soon as I think of a good one...)
* age (general or specific)
* occupation
- Entrepreneur (Insurance and Financial Services)
* favorite bike
-So hard. Probably my current main whip, a 2004 Litespeed Vortex. Such a great bike. Fits me like a glove, accelerates like there's a hidden motor, descends like it's on rails. Only thing I'd change is tire clearance (25's are a squeeze).
* what's in your stable?
-Currently: '04 LS Vortex, '93 Bridgestone RB-1 (raced this bike all last season - steel is really real), '17 Raleigh Willard 2 (gravel/b-road), '08 Scott hybrid (grocery beater)
* fastest speed on a road bike?
-I hit 54 last year at a race, and I've hit 52 training.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year?
-9850. Woulda gotten the 10k, but a gallbladder removal intervened. Still salty about that...

* and, something fun.
- I was extremely (+150 lbs) overweight and unhealthy all through high school. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that I'd eventually get seriously into bikes and fitness, and wind up competitively racing and on a team (Cat 4, but still!). Even though I've only been doing it for a few years, cycling has really changed my life, and I hope to pay that forward.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3077.JPG (124.4 KB, 534 views)

Last edited by zross312; 01-29-2018 at 01:55 PM. Reason: formatting
Old 02-12-2018, 03:16 PM

The Sleepers - the world is a vampire

* real name, if you like

Ace

* where do you live?

Los Angeles longer than i haven’t lived in los angeles

* explanation of your handle

What we do is secret.

* age (general or specific)

mid 30s

* occupation

Life Consultant

* favorite bike

Pista Concept 2003 and all it stands for

* what's in your stable?

Pista Concept
Cannondale Track
Kelly Bone Stock
Toyo Godzilla
Rivendell Atlantis 2
Santa Cruz Chameleon

* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?

N/A

* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year?

Milage not logged

Photo by Kyle Belley

* make up and answer at least one additional question.

What do you do for fun?

i ride bikes

* what is the biggest lie you've ever told

i ride bikes

* and, something fun.

i ride bikes

* How did you find the paceline Forum?*

Hired to do market research for MudFruit by the Foot racing dream team.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:18 PM

Hi!

* where do you live? French Bretagne
* favorite bike: My Ferro Puje
* what's in your stable? Ferro Puje and Bianchi Chamaleonte 5
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 74kms/h, Alicante, when I was 14 :-D
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 1800 on roads, and another 600 in the city
* How did you find the paceline Forum? I don't remember, I was searching for some parts info, most likely
Old 03-20-2018, 11:13 AM

Hello all - been lurking/lusting after discovering the classifieds, and have enjoyed the general discussion board for a bit, so figured time to introduce myself and maybe get in the mix:

RN: Seamus
Where do you live: NYC
Favorite Bike(s): Bianchi Oltre XR4, Stelbel SB/03, No.22 Reactor
What's in your stable:
Emonda SLR
Cannondale Bad Boy
Vanmoof 5.7
Hoping to add a Ritchey Steel B/A for travel soon.
Fastest speed on a road bike? Where? When?: Erm, not sure? Was probably focusing on the road going downhill vs checking my Garmin
How many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year?: 3,557
What is the biggest lie you've ever told: "It'll be a quick ride, not too long"
How did you find the paceline forum?: I was bumping around looking at used frames and stumbled upon the classifieds
and, something fun.: Former soccer player. After a good amount of years biking in the city for commuting/transit and always appreciating road cycling as a sport (the tactics, exotic locations, weird roadie niche culture; not the PED-tainted aspect), I've fallen hard for road biking myself. Have been at it just under 2 years.

Puritanically rim-brake inclined due to aesthetics and noise. Also, a bit of a weight-weenie.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:25 AM

Last edited by WNC rider; 07-11-2023 at 02:33 PM.