Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-13-2018, 11:49 AM
Lanterne rouge

Weird eBay question.

So, I messaged back and fourth with a seller on a eBay item. This item is or was custom at one time and no two are alike. Dont see many for sale, ever and there is not alot of sales history on the bay to research. Basically told him that I was very interested and what I was willing to pay. The item was way over priced at first. No big deal and I just tossed out a standing offer of about 50% his original asking price. He would lower the asking price very slowly about once a day on the sale. Then one day I got an offer through ebay to purchase the item at his asking price. I accepted and paid. I feel it was fair and am happy with the price. Now, here is where it gets weird. Maybe.
I am researching previous sold similar items and see this exact item, photos and all has sold three times by the same buyer for his original price. He even has feedback from the previous sale(s). I have a tracking number and all and it shows being in town for delivery Monday but the prevoius sales make me nervious. A bit. He only has a feedback of one positive and nothing else but there are three from tha same buyer on the same item. Ebay only counts that as one. Could it just be that the other sales fell through? Maybe it was returned for whatever reason? Just sort of odd.
So, what are the collective thoughts? Am I being fleeced here? Maybe the seller is new to ebay and just dosent know what he is doing?
I dunno. Just weird.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:00 PM

It does seem weird but as much as you can I would say don’t prelive a bad experience. If the package arrives as advertised you will have worried for nothing and if it doesn’t, nothing you can do until then. Scammers abound and they have techniques that I am sure I don’t know about. If you bought through eBay you probably paid via PayPal and should have some protection.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:07 PM

E-Bay

If purchased via E-Bay and Pay Pal ... you should be protected. More than once I have purchased items not as described and was able get a full refund.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:15 PM
Lanterne rouge

Yeah, not really worried about losing money. Ebay and payapl and CC protection. More than anything, I want the item.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicli View Post
Yeah, not really worried about losing money. Ebay and payapl and CC protection. More than anything, I want the item.
I hear ya... hopefully Monday/Tuesday you will. For me I hate feeling taken advantage of. Hopefully you aren’t and item will be as described. What is it?