Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-12-2018, 04:53 PM

I usually get it in the other end.

Signature required, wait all afternoon through the 4 hour delivery window, check website - "on truck for delivery". Does not show in delivery window, call, promised its on the truck, truck shows, no signature required package. Driver is a pretty good guy I tell him his company is a bunch of liars. Feel slightly bad about it. Slightly. I guess I may apologize to him, maybe not.

Call again, promised its on the truck. Another truck which I know is BS. Wait until 9PM. Nothing. Call, get nasty, get "its on the truck again" called her a liar and her company too. Call again, reschedule for pick up at station. Drive 40 minutes to nearest station, pick it up drive home 40 minutes.

So, got the package a day late, spent most of a day waiting for the liars to show up, drove to get the damn thing myself and paid extra to do it. What a bunch of &(#)*U$ liars.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:00 PM

Delete: Duplicate post.

Last edited by Peter P.; 01-13-2018 at 06:06 AM.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:01 PM

During the Christmas holiday season, UPS hires a ton of temp workers.

In the New Haven CT area, one such temp worker was caught ON HIS SECOND DAY ON THE JOB stealing a recipient's merchandise as she watched from her front door.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:50 PM

Dang, somebody should invent a place where you go in and buy something and walk out with it, like a “store” or something.....you know, cut out the shipping.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:06 PM

A number of years ago I sent one of my competition shotguns half way across country for some extensive mechanical work this time of year. The gunsmith and I talked a few times including the day he shipped the gun back. The package required a signature and was insured. I get home from work and see a box around the back of my garage in the snow. Luck was on my side and the gun was inside undamaged. There were signature required tags on the box. NOT a cool thing. It was UPS.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:45 PM

UPS is the absolute worst. Except for OnTrak.

Can’t tell you how many times I’ve paid for expedited delivery and UPS unilaterally decides not to deliver on time. Excuses like system issue or driver left on truck for some other day.

Completely ignore instructions to hold packages or follow delivery instructions. Best was leaving a signature required deliver only during business hours box with an expensive piece of jewelry for my wife sitting outside on a Saturday.

Glad I got it but it would have been interesting to see how they reacted to a five figure insurance claim.

FedEx and only fedex. Or surprisingly USPS. FedEx though is using too many contractors for ground and they suck too.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:31 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickdoc View Post
Yes! Now you can go buy it physically in the flesh. Oh, wait, that may not be fun either.
That's what I did...down to the local Apple store..what I should have done in the first place.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfscott View Post
UPS is the absolute worst. Except for OnTrak.

Can’t tell you how many times I’ve paid for expedited delivery and UPS unilaterally decides not to deliver on time. Excuses like system issue or driver left on truck for some other day.

Completely ignore instructions to hold packages or follow delivery instructions. Best was leaving a signature required deliver only during business hours box with an expensive piece of jewelry for my wife sitting outside on a Saturday.

Glad I got it but it would have been interesting to see how they reacted to a five figure insurance claim.

FedEx and only fedex. Or surprisingly USPS. FedEx though is using too many contractors for ground and they suck too.
I have had a lot of stuff mailed over the years by either USPS, or UPS, or FedEx and quite frankly I haven't noticed any difference between the three when you average it out.

The one thing that has happened within the last year is that Amazon has contracted with USPS that they MUST deliver Amazon mail 7 days a week, this means that USPS is now operating 7 days a week instead of 6 days like they use to; and USPS must deliver packages for Amazon up to 8pm at night instead of just by 5pm. This action that Amazon has taken has allowed for very rapid delivery of packages, but note, this is only effective if you order from Amazon, order from anyone else and it doesn't matter who the mail service is on average, the delivery will be about the same time frame and the package will arrive in about the same condition.

Note, I said on average, sure on a short term thing one service may outshine another and make you believe the one is the better one, but over a long period of time all three will average out to be about the same.