Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-11-2018, 11:09 AM

It's not enough of a punishment. A sociopath like that who has absolutely no regard for human life doens't belong on our roads. Period. At least he got something though and you did good work keeping up with it.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:19 AM

Do you have footage before the pass that you can upload? Oftentimes videos like this mislead for they only show half of the story. If this guy was honking and riding your tail for awhile before the pass that paints a different story. It doesn't mean the pass he made was right for it clearly could've killed your friend (or wife) but I think it's fair to include earlier footage for the first words out of the driver's mouth were that he was honking indicating he wanted to pass. Did you alert the rider in front?

I've always felt that cyclists should ride from the perspective of drivers in this case a dually towing a trailer of cows and the truck driver should drive from the perspective of cyclists which he clearly did not. In many instances incidents like this could be prevented via a courteous wave or any indication to the driver behind goes a long way. But I get the sense that you did something to aggravate him or he wouldn't have pulled over for he clearly felt he was in the right.

On the flip side if you wish to escalate things with a male driver simply start a masturbation gesture with your hand and you will have a tête-à-tête in seconds guaranteed.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:40 AM
what's a little rust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McM View Post
The above makes no logical sense, and demonstrates the prevailing attitude in the US that automobile use is right rather than a privilege.
Spot on. And the best way to remind people like this that it is a privilege is to revoke it.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:06 PM

Heard it before from people transporting horses where I used to live near Potomac Maryland..........get off the road so that I can get by safely.

These people transporting large animals don't slow down much and in my experience, will shave forearm hair.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:13 PM

video in original post

check it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by holliscx View Post
Do you have footage before the pass that you can upload? Oftentimes videos like this mislead for they only show half of the story. If this guy was honking and riding your tail for awhile before the pass that paints a different story. It doesn't mean the pass he made was right for it clearly could've killed your friend (or wife) but I think it's fair to include earlier footage for the first words out of the driver's mouth were that he was honking indicating he wanted to pass. Did you alert the rider in front?

I've always felt that cyclists should ride from the perspective of drivers in this case a dually towing a trailer of cows and the truck driver should drive from the perspective of cyclists which he clearly did not. In many instances incidents like this could be prevented via a courteous wave or any indication to the driver behind goes a long way. But I get the sense that you did something to aggravate him or he wouldn't have pulled over for he clearly felt he was in the right.

On the flip side if you wish to escalate things with a male driver simply start a masturbation gesture with your hand and you will have a tête-à-tête in seconds guaranteed.
Old 01-11-2018, 12:23 PM

Congrats - with all the legal complications and hand-offs, i'd say you won. Only time will tell if the driver learns his lesson.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:31 PM

Thanks for the update.

The driver doesn't get it, and will never get it.

It would almost be worth having a private investigator trail him for the next 30 days for I'm sure the farmer is going to ignore his driving restrictions. Bagging him would be the cherry on the sundae.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:10 PM

900 bucks, 30 day suspended license and a lecture from someone with a lifetime (publicly funded) pension. Too cheap for a memo? He's already retired

Hope it was worth it, but all you did was pinpoint that no cares if you ride a bike on a public road in the US. That guy doesn't care and this does nothing to deter bad behavior on the road. Sad state of affairs
Old 01-12-2018, 09:01 AM

Hopefully someone does the same thing he did to the cyclists to one of his loved ones.