Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-05-2019, 07:20 AM
Randomhead

Thanks for letting us know how it turned out. If I change bikes and feel slower, it's usually because I missed out on transferring my position.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l0n3rider View Post
my conclusion; steel and carbon react a bit differently to your pedal stroke. it will take sometimes for you to adjust accordingly IF this is the first time you switch between material .. BUT if you have both materials in your arsenal for quite sometimes already, you would not notice the adjustment because it becoming second nature to you already ..

ymmv

It think you may be jumping ahead a few steps to reach your conclusion. I fully agree that different frames may react differently to pedal forces, especially if the frames differ in lateral and torsional stiffness. On my most flexible frame definitely pedal differently in max. power out of saddle sprint than I do on my stiffest frame. But where I think you're jumping to conclusions is in frame material alone being the determining factor in the characteristics of the frame.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:07 AM

You never said what the fit difference was...

At a minimum you really need the saddle exactly the same.. unless for some reason your old position was wrong and the new position is correct and you just needed an adjustment period.

I need to ride a bit different on my steel bike instead of my carbon bike... but that's cause my steel bike is not a race bike and it weighs 8lbs more and has a much different set of tires. But the fit is millimeter perfect for the saddle on the two bikes.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
I feel slow with both materials but they surely do ride differently.
:highfive: