Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Name me one sport in which both men and women compete in similar numbers and show me where the female world record beats the male world record.
I doubt the numbers are very equal for participants but the genders are pretty competitive with each other in shooting sports, may also apply to archery, I'm not sure. They're olympic sports...

What about curling? I don't know but it seems like it could be pretty even.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:02 PM
#BLM

Equestrian is mixed gender at the Olympic level.

Archery- https://worldarchery.org/world-records

Shooting Sports- https://www.issf-sports.org/competit...d_records.ashx

Curling- http://results.worldcurling.org/Record/AllTime/1

Last edited by bward1028; 10-15-2018 at 05:06 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytyree View Post
I doubt the numbers are very equal for participants but the genders are pretty competitive with each other in shooting sports, may also apply to archery, I'm not sure. They're olympic sports...

What about curling? I don't know but it seems like it could be pretty even.
You may have me on a technicality there or you may be trolling , but I obviously meant sports of strength, speed or endurance.

Might be interesting to do a Google though.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:05 PM

Whew, got in before the lock.
In sports, when someone transitions male to female later in life, I just don't think it's fair. The body frame and amount of muscle mass in the body of the transited person is impossible in a natural female.
I don't know how the sports commissions would handle a female to male transition when the transited male starts testosterone treatments?
Old 10-15-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bward1028 View Post
Henry- there is nothing appropriate about misgendering someone. She uses female pronouns. You should too, unless you ARE an ignorant bigot.

Man, I usually have to go read the comments on Breitbart or r/the_Donald to read this much hateful redneck crap.
You could have at least used the same language that you used in the private message you sent me.

Mods, please don’t close this thread over this little bit of name calling - I can take it.

Signed,
Ignorant Bigot

(Seriously, don’t close it over this or anything anyone says to me)
Old 10-15-2018, 05:06 PM

In the disciplines I'm familiar with, and there are many in shooting, women are very competitive with men. I've even heard solid arguments that women have advantages in some disciplines. Not trolling...

Being really still is apparently not that gender specific.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlfoss View Post
On race. Elizabeth Warren has been making the most of her being 1/1024th Native American. This is an interesting one because she's reaping opportunities based almost solely on DNA, not cultural background.
Actually, this has been researched extensively, if you're interested and no one who ever hired her or admitted her to an academic position stated that they knew anything about her statement of heritage. This includes Harvard.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:11 PM
#BLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryA View Post
You could have at least used the same language that you used in the private message you sent me.

Mods, please don’t close this thread over this little bit of name calling - I can take it.

Signed,
Ignorant Bigot

(Seriously, don’t close it over this or anything anyone says to me)
If you change your post like you should, I will consider that you MAY be making improvements on your "Ignorant Bigot" status.

I don't think you can do anything to change the other title though.

Last edited by bward1028; 10-15-2018 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:13 PM

Quote:
If you aren't an ignorant bigot/asshole, then change your post and prove it.
Otherwise it's not name calling, it's truth.
Take a breather.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Henry- there is nothing appropriate about misgendering someone. She uses female pronouns. You should too, unless you ARE an asshole.

Man, I usually have to go read the comments on Breitbart or r/the_Donald to read this much hateful redneck crap.
I don't what you guys are arguing about, and I'm not going to comb through to find out, but I will say that just because someone disagrees doesn't make them ignorant or a redneck. That's leftist (of which I identify) identity politics (which I don't) and fascist (which I am not) tactics for dealing with opinions other than one's own. Discussing facts seems much more tedious these days.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:15 PM
#BLM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryA View Post
There is nothing remotely fair about this “guy” racing against biological women. He knocked everyone who competed down a notch when he won. While It seems positive that he has figured out something about his life, it does not seem to me that he should use that something to unfairly compete in a field where he has an obvious advantage.

The rule cited above shows a clear preference for men who have chosen to become women. It uses a different measure for those who went the other way. The rule discrimnates. But in someone’s tortured logic it makes things “fair”. Fair in this case means arriving at the preferred social outcome to achieve “justice”.

Treating people differently because of their inborn characteristics (if that’s what this is) is grossly unfair. Differently can mean helped or hindered, either one is discriminatory. I think it defies our Constitution and civil norms in a way that is outrageous and morally wrong.

This is not about some “guy’s” journey to find himself. It should be about fair and even competition for the participants in the sport whether its for a medal or money or just for fun.

A thumb on the scale is just what it is. There is no justice or goodness to it. Its exactly the opposite. Its a crooked deal from the beginning and continues on that way. You can’t make it right.
THIS is bigotry. Purposely calling someone by the wrong gender.

HenryA's opinion on transpeople is their own baggage. The opinion itself is not what I am calling out as ignorant bigotry. Willfully misgendering/misidentifying someone IS ignorant and bigoted. If you can't bring yourself to call a transwoman "Her" or "She," just use "they" and "Their." I can't believe that there can even be an argument about that in this day and age.

Last edited by bward1028; 10-15-2018 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I don't what you guys are arguing about, and I'm not going to comb through to find out, but I will say that just because someone disagrees doesn't make them ignorant or a redneck. That's leftist (of which I identify) identity politics (which I don't) and fascist (which I am not) tactics for dealing with opinions other than one's own. Discussing facts seems much more tedious these days.
Well one of the facts is she identifies as female, and intentionally misgendering someone is offensive and well intentional.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftf View Post
Well one of the facts is she identifies as female, and intentionally misgendering someone is offensive and well intentional.
Oy vey. All those trees are a forest you know?
Old 10-15-2018, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftf View Post
I mean, hard to argue the intent.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:21 PM
#BLM

God and you people always wonder why there are so many users who only log on for the Classifieds.
Closed Thread