Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-18-2021, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiamme red View Post
I laughed when he tried to high-five the ref.

https://twitter.com/sportingnews/sta...95793159794691
I sure didn't.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:43 AM
I need you cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
I'm not sure why, but I hope he loses. Maybe because he's won everything already? I don't like Tampa? I mean, their color scheme is awful! Pewter!! And I'm a big Michigan fan so I should be rooting for him. Just something there that makes me want him to lose.
Cuz he is the best QB ever, has won a half dozen superbowls, is married to a super model, has earned tens or hundreds of millions of dollars, is good looking, has great hair, beautiful kids.....should I go on?

The guy is a schmuck!
Old 01-18-2021, 09:45 AM

I will NEVER be a Tom Brady fan.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
Cuz he is the best QB ever, has won a half dozen superbowls, is married to a super model, has earned tens or hundreds of millions of dollars, is good looking, has great hair, beautiful kids.....should I go on?

The guy is a schmuck!
Nah, he's a Schmuch for accepting millions of dollars in PPP loans, not for the reasons you mentioned
Old 01-18-2021, 10:58 AM
what's a little rust?

I was a fan when he was at Michigan, in part because he played well enough to keep the true heartthrob of loony UM fans (Drew Henson) on the bench. It was entertaining to hear them wail for Drew while Tom won 10 of 11 games. Now, of course, they probably say they loved Tom all along.

Sports fans ...

I anticipate Rodgers will do what he’s been doing for years, and outplay Brady again.
Old 01-18-2021, 05:36 PM

So Quarterbacks don't get hit these days? Do you guy swatch the game?
Did you see how both Lamar Jackson and Mahomes left both of their games respectively, not to mention brees missing a few games with cracked ribs earlier in the season. if you guys want to hate on Brady that's fine, but please be realistic.
Old 01-18-2021, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trener1 View Post
Did you see how both Lamar Jackson and Mahomes left both of their games respectively, not to mention brees missing a few games with cracked ribs earlier in the season. if you guys want to hate on Brady that's fine, but please be realistic.
Works for me, let's be realistic. Just look at the hits in the video I shared earlier and then look at the hits both of them took. To be honest not much to either. I wonder if it was more the twisting action that got Mahomes because I didn't see much of a hit yet the poor guy sure was out of it. He head landed on the tackler's hand but got twisted all around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mrs...ighlightHeaven

Same with Lamar, he bumped his head going down but it didn't seem like much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW2E...4GEProductions

Now compare those to what I showed earlier. Not saying those guys didn't get hurt but the "violence" of the hits is really quite mild by earlier standards. If anything this sort of proves my point.
Old 01-18-2021, 08:54 PM

So your talking 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's not what it turned into into in the 60's and 70's?
Every generation makes the same statement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdak View Post
Really???

Have you seen a game back in the day when real men played it?

You honestly cannot compare Brady or any other modern QB to those that played without the silly rules of today's game. Not just the hits they took but the shots the defense got on their recievers. NFL is totally a different game now and judging by all the times Brady has "collasped" in games where he's being allowed to be hit it's easy to say he could not stand up to the abuse. He just hasn't show the toughness.

For Education:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWqV..._channel=eekyv
Old 01-18-2021, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbike View Post
So your talking 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's not what it turned into into in the 60's and 70's?
Every generation makes the same statement!
Works for me!

Just don't try and tell me Brady is the greatest ever. It just doesn't apply.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Tornado View Post
I will NEVER be a Tom Brady fan.
im sure this will come as CRUSHING news to him
Old 01-19-2021, 04:49 AM

Quote:
+1. Concussions have become a real concern for the NFL over the past 10-15 years or so when the lasting effects were finally recognized. I also think equipment improvements have come a long way in helping negate injuries in general.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
I was a fan when he was at Michigan, in part because he played well enough to keep the true heartthrob of loony UM fans (Drew Henson) on the bench. It was entertaining to hear them wail for Drew while Tom won 10 of 11 games. Now, of course, they probably say they loved Tom all along.

Sports fans ...

I anticipate Rodgers will do what he’s been doing for years, and outplay Brady again.
I recently read the book Dynasty by Jeff Benedict all about the NE Patriots who were not my favorite team. Anyway he devotes a chapter to Tom Brady and his time at UM which pretty much confirms what you wrote. What I found interesting was that growing up in San Mateo, Ca he could have gone to Stanford or UCLA and been a starting freshman quarterback but rather choose to go to UM and sit on the bench for two years because he felt he could learn more, be challenged more and overall personal growth.

Interesting commentary by Adam Schein written on NFL.com in point #1 basically naming Aaron Rodgers current most talented QB and Tom Brady GOAT because of his successes:

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-divisio...-chiefs-in-tro

Last edited by alancw3; 01-19-2021 at 05:20 AM.
Old 01-19-2021, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alancw3 View Post
+1. Concussions have become a real concern for the NFL over the past 10-15 years or so when the lasting effects were finally recognized. I also think equipment improvements have come a long way in helping negate injuries in general.

See and that's what honestly surprises me about both of them the other day. The gear is supposed to be better and yet they both went down with what really weren't that bad of hits. Not even trying to poke the bear about that.
Old 01-19-2021, 07:52 AM

I think 10 years ago they both are back in the game after 5 minutes.

If you watch Lamars hit, yeah the actual hit wasn't that bad, it wasn't really the hit that hurt, it was the way he fell, he went straight backwards and his head took the full brunt of the fall. As for Mahomes, I think the optics of the way he was so woozy that he couldn't even stand up forced them to take action, I think that it's a great sign of real progress that in the midst of a playoff game the NFL took out 2 of the highest profile QB's due to concussion protocol.
Old 01-19-2021, 08:20 AM

Quote:
I think 10 years ago they both are back in the game after 5 minutes.
That's the difference. I'm in favor of new safety protocols, rules, etc. It doesn't make it a lesser game to try having fewer life-altering injuries.

As I said above, it's better when the stars are on the field, not when they're on the sidelines, or getting carted off like wounded gladiators, or rehabbing horrible knee injuries.

Yes, it's a dangerous, violent game and injuries can and will happen. But trying to minimize them is good for the future of the NFL. I will be curious if Patrick Mahomes plays this weekend.