Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight


Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Marketplace > Vendors

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #136  
Old 09-24-2022, 11:58 PM
bianchi10's Avatar
bianchi10 bianchi10 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 2,968
I can confirm the above statement as I just recently tested the new Ploh. While I'm a fan of the Berk Lupina, I was very excited to ride the Ploh as it is described to fit more like the Power saddle, which is what I rode the last 8 years. However, after a couple rides, I found the Ploh to be a bit too flat for my personal taste, but that's not to say it was uncomfortable. I just prefer the Lupina because of its shape which works for me. If I could bend Berks ear to make a short nose Lupina, I'd be in heaven!!!

I have always found saddles with more contour to work better for me. The Ploh was just a bit more flat than I was anticipating. I think those who get along with a Pro stealth saddle will also find this to work well.
__________________
My Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nickarend/
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 09-25-2022, 11:25 PM
bianchi10's Avatar
bianchi10 bianchi10 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 2,968
Here are some other photos and angles of the Berk Ploh padded









Comparison between Ploh and Lupina




Comparison between Power Mimic 155 and Ploh
__________________
My Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nickarend/
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 10-04-2022, 01:52 PM
EliteVelo EliteVelo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 687
Fantastic photos Nick, as always, and glad to hear you are getting along with the Lupina.

While we were getting some rain here from Ian, I took a couple of photos to compare the 132 Lupina vs the 130 Lipa, which is my size. 150 Lupina vs Ploh the same.

As everyone can see, the Lipa is considerably flatter, and shorter. Zero setback post needed. Same cutout as usual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 7A546BC8-AD10-45EA-AE54-57DC756D9E60.jpeg (50.9 KB, 470 views)
File Type: jpeg 114C8E40-C426-4A45-8D72-B88D608DB520.jpeg (52.1 KB, 476 views)
File Type: jpeg 113750AB-C9F8-47D4-A893-08DA33FDDFAC.jpeg (22.2 KB, 466 views)

Last edited by EliteVelo; 10-04-2022 at 01:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 12-27-2022, 04:20 PM
EliteVelo EliteVelo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 687
Short Lupina

I'll make an attempt to curb some rumors, and let everyone know, Jure will be offering a shorter version of his popular Lupina saddle.

As you probably know, Jure Berk offers the Lupina in 132 and 150mm width.

He will soon be offering the Lupina in 132 and 144mm in a shorter version, from 275mm in length to 250mm. Being shorter, he added some Innegra hybrid fabrics in the saddle shell, to allow for more flex.

Stay tuned....
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg HT3k4bj.md.jpeg (48.8 KB, 301 views)
File Type: jpeg HT3kfNj.md.jpeg (43.3 KB, 299 views)

Last edited by EliteVelo; 12-27-2022 at 05:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 12-28-2022, 10:53 AM
bianchi10's Avatar
bianchi10 bianchi10 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 2,968
The Berk lupina has been my absolute favorite saddle, EVER. Been wanting a short nose version for some time now. Wish he was still offering a 150mm though. 144mm might still fit the bill for me. Eric, I'll be in touch!
__________________
My Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/nickarend/
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 12-28-2022, 03:46 PM
4151zero 4151zero is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: NOR*CAL
Posts: 423
Short Lupina's a great move!

I still have a custom shorty from years ago, and will never part with it

Perhaps it's time for another !
__________________
Look Pro Go Slow. That's me.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 01-01-2023, 11:13 AM
KarlC KarlC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: De Portola Wine Trail Temecula CA
Posts: 3,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
The Berk lupina has been my absolute favorite saddle, EVER. Been wanting a short nose version for some time now. Wish he was still offering a 150mm though. 144mm might still fit the bill for me. Eric, I'll be in touch!
Yes this x100 for sure.



Quote:
Originally Posted by 4151zero View Post
Short Lupina's a great move!

I still have a custom shorty from years ago, and will never part with it

Perhaps it's time for another !
I knew there was a few of these out there, always wanted to try one but never got the chance.

.
__________________
C64 My Sixty 4 SR12 EPS
Pegoretti Day Is Done SR12
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 01-13-2023, 03:21 PM
EliteVelo EliteVelo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 687
150 Lupina

Bridge Pantone matched to Chris King headset.IMG_0103 2.jpg

IMG_0104 2.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 01-17-2023, 12:13 PM
Gwerziou Gwerziou is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Ballard, WA
Posts: 162
I'm getting the idea from this thread that you can order a Berk saddle in a custom color; is that truly so? I've been thinking of getting another Lupina for the second bike in my two-bike 'fleet'. The 132mm padded Lupina on bike #1 has been great. Bike #2 is a very dark green (Factor LS) so a dark forest-green Lupina is kind of an interesting concept to me
__________________
Just some skinny guy, likes bikes.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 01-17-2023, 01:59 PM
EliteVelo EliteVelo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwerziou View Post
I'm getting the idea from this thread that you can order a Berk saddle in a custom color; is that truly so? I've been thinking of getting another Lupina for the second bike in my two-bike 'fleet'. The 132mm padded Lupina on bike #1 has been great. Bike #2 is a very dark green (Factor LS) so a dark forest-green Lupina is kind of an interesting concept to me
Mainly the bridge, but if the leather is available, Jure will make one. Pantone color is all we need.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 01-30-2023, 08:19 AM
artv artv is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteVelo View Post
I'll make an attempt to curb some rumors, and let everyone know, Jure will be offering a shorter version of his popular Lupina saddle.

As you probably know, Jure Berk offers the Lupina in 132 and 150mm width.

He will soon be offering the Lupina in 132 and 144mm in a shorter version, from 275mm in length to 250mm. Being shorter, he added some Innegra hybrid fabrics in the saddle shell, to allow for more flex.

Stay tuned....
The leather on my latest Lupina is pulling away from the saddle (like the one this one replaced). Can you provide an update on the short version? Will try an un-padded version this time.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 01-30-2023, 02:08 PM
EliteVelo EliteVelo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by artv View Post
The leather on my latest Lupina is pulling away from the saddle (like the one this one replaced). Can you provide an update on the short version? Will try an un-padded version this time.
I have the short versions in stock and will release pics once Jure releases them as well and gives me the green light.

Regarding your Lupina, it will be replaced under warranty. Please send along pics to info@elitevelosolutions.com and I'll try to take care of this for you.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 01-31-2023, 10:16 PM
XXtwindad XXtwindad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 6,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by bianchi10 View Post
The Berk lupina has been my absolute favorite saddle, EVER. Been wanting a short nose version for some time now. Wish he was still offering a 150mm though. 144mm might still fit the bill for me. Eric, I'll be in touch!
I love the Lupina as well. Comfortable and looks sexier than hell. All my road bikes have them.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 02-03-2023, 02:06 PM
AM7Jeremy AM7Jeremy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
I love the Lupina as well. Comfortable and looks sexier than hell. All my road bikes have them.
Berk emailed me back and send me a quote on a short nosed Lupina. I went ahead and orderd one this morning and was told it would be shipped out here real soon.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 02-03-2023, 03:20 PM
EliteVelo EliteVelo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by AM7Jeremy View Post
Berk emailed me back and send me a quote on a short nosed Lupina. I went ahead and orderd one this morning and was told it would be shipped out here real soon.
Stocked and ready when Jure releases them. Should be early next week.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.