Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-11-2022, 02:55 PM

Those 3 parks in Westchester are superb....

When I rode in the woods, and lived in the area, I rode them all the time....especially Graham.

They all have their own uniqueness, too....

SPP
Old 10-11-2022, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowPokePete View Post
Those 3 parks in Westchester are superb....

When I rode in the woods, and lived in the area, I rode them all the time....especially Graham.

They all have their own uniqueness, too....

SPP
Yea it can be surprising what you can find within ~1hr from NYC.

I always recall an interview with Aaron Gwin (DH champion) where he mentioned his favorite place to race is Diablo MTB Park/ MTN creek. It's < 60 miles from NYC
Old 10-15-2022, 07:01 AM

Talking

Nice ...cool ...
Old 10-26-2022, 12:17 PM

* where do you live? San Diego
* explanation of your handle: Always sun burned
* favorite bike: BMC Team Machine
* what's in your stable? Open mold Carbon track bike, Mash Work fixie, Mosaic RT-1, Bailey road bike
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 58 mph down mount Helix
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 2,200 road and 2,500 on the track
* Train as a track sprinter so I don't ride to many road miles (or many track miles) but I can ride very fast for about 1km.
* How did you find the paceline Forum? From a co-worker
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8895.jpg (69.0 KB, 619 views)
Old 10-26-2022, 07:08 PM

* where do you live? Greenpoint Brooklyn
* explanation of your handle: Haven't figured out how to add a handle yet.
* favorite bike: Gary Fisher Pro Caliber cruiser
* what's in your stable? Voodoo Wanga Nostalgia piece, Cannondale Caad13, Sweet Tooth custom touring/commuter, schwinn collegiate rat basket, Gary Fisher Pro Caliber, Serotta Atlanta
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? To be honest, I've never actually clocked my speed but probably coming down Mt. Diablo throughout the 2000s
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? I just started road biking again but I put in 3K on touring and commuting
* make up and answer at least one additional question. Would you take a bullet for your cat? Yes.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told ?When I was in High School I told a bunch of people that my cousin was in the band Zebrahead.
* How did you find the paceline Forum? From Jun in Oakland
Old 10-26-2022, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schvezon View Post
* where do you live? Greenpoint Brooklyn
* explanation of your handle: Haven't figured out how to add a handle yet.
* favorite bike: Gary Fisher Pro Caliber cruiser
* what's in your stable? Voodoo Wanga Nostalgia piece, Cannondale Caad13, Sweet Tooth custom touring/commuter, schwinn collegiate rat basket, Gary Fisher Pro Caliber, Serotta Atlanta
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? To be honest, I've never actually clocked my speed but probably coming down Mt. Diablo throughout the 2000s
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? I just started road biking again but I put in 3K on touring and commuting
* make up and answer at least one additional question. Would you take a bullet for your cat? Yes.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told ?When I was in High School I told a bunch of people that my cousin was in the band Zebrahead.
* How did you find the paceline Forum? From Jun in Oakland
Should add to this that I look good.
Old 11-10-2022, 06:35 PM

* real name, Terry
* where do you live? Southern Ontario
* explanation of your handle: Self Explanatory
* explanation of your avatar: It comes from Chariots Of Fire. Its something that attracted my eye and has great symbolization. Essentially to See the Unseen.
* age (general or specific) 59
* favorite bike: V2R Disc
* what's in your stable? Ridley CrossWind, Norco Threshold, Colnago V2R Rim, Colnago V2R Disc and Trek Postal 5900
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? I actually dont know but 50 mph is pretty common on many rides in the past.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 9560
* picture of yourself or your ride? I don't think so
* make up and answer at least one additional question: When the wife asks, How much did you pay for that bike? It was onsale and I couldnt afford to not buy it.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: I wont buy another motorcycle and then I bought one anyway.
* and, something fun. Riding the bicycle in the morning and then getting on the moto for the afternoon. Wife doesnt think its fun, You have been gone all day!
Old 11-27-2022, 10:37 PM

* real name Jason
* where do live? Toronto, GTA
* explanation of your handle D'uh - high school gang nickname šŸ™„
* explanation of your avatar
* age (general or specific) 49
* occupation partner applied data
* favorite bike anything steel or ti still gets me excited
* what's in your stable? Serotta CIII, Scott Foil, Cervelo Aspero, Niner Rip 9 rdo, Cannondale Fat Caad 1, Specialized Levo, Haro Pro bmx, Skeletta road
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 92kph descending Haleakala
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? Around 6000km up until sept when I crashed and broke a lot of bones ending my season and the start of this season by another five months šŸ˜”
* picture of yourself or your ride?
* make up and answer at least one additional question.
Why Iā€™m posting this. Been a member of the forum since 2006 and have bought a few things but donā€™t have enough posts to give kudos to sellers.
* and, something funā€¦I helped ideate the script for the sitcom Kimā€™s Convenience. Story about my friend and us growing up.
* How did you find the paceline Forum?* originally joined when it was still the Serotta forums.
Old 12-12-2022, 02:09 PM

* real name Sam
* where do you live? Philadelphia by way of the Midwest
* explanation of your handle High School nickname (pronounced sweetie)
* explanation of your avatar I find this and several other images of former presidents funny
* age (general or specific) 28
* occupation bottom rung IT guy
* favorite bike uh gee I've only really tried a few. I like my Giant Revolt
* what's in your stable? Giant Revolt Pro Advanced 1 (2021), Specialized Rockhopper Sport (89/90/91? can't nail down a year)
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Dunno, maybe 36? Down the back side of Mount Wilson in LA this year
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 4,500
* make up and answer at least one additional question - What got you into cycling? I rode some as a kid, especially with my dad. We'd ride to the nearest ice cream shop (14 miles away) every year for Father's day. Its always been my preferred mode of transport and getting into my mid 20's I decided I needed a hobby that wasn't all about staying up late and spending money. So I picked up cycling to get up early and spend money.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told? I'm not a very good liar, uh
* and, something fun. I really enjoy using the Wandrer.earth site to find new places locally
* How did you find the paceline Forum?* looking for some information on old bikes and various fixes, I have stumbled into the paceline forum several times and figured I should finally subscribe. Also ogling stuff in the marketplace.
Old 12-30-2022, 08:43 PM

* where do you live? Oakland Hills
* explanation of your handle: Used as a handle in other areas; combination of parts of my name
* explanation of your avatar: Don't have one yet
* age (general or specific): 19 and 2/3
* favorite bike: Can't say I've ridden enough to know. Based on looks alone, I'd have to say the black Colnago V3Rs (?) that Pogačar rode in the 2020 TDF. I may be misremembering, but I'm a sucker for any bike with a matte black finish and simple white lettering on the down tube.
* what's in your stable? 2014 Giant TCR SLR and (sort of) a Serotta Legend Ti.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 47.8 mph, South Park Drive, Oakland, Ca, August 7 2021
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? ~1600 in 2022. Lackluster but hoping to improve.
* make up and answer at least one additional question. Favorite cycling memory? Mine is probably from some of the group rides I've gone on. I don't do them often so it's nice to meet a lot of new people. One of my favorites was put on by the R&A Cycles location in Walnut Creek. Super fun day and lots of great people.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: I'm from Oljado Family camp
* and, something fun. Anything outdoors. Cycling and running are great. Hiking in Yosemite is probably one of my favorite memories. So picturesque.
* How did you find the paceline Forum? Through my dad.
Old 01-04-2023, 01:47 PM

* real name, if you like: Theodore
* where do you live? Chicago Southside
* explanation of your handle: dorky play on Kubernetes/k8s
* age (general or specific): mid 20s
* favorite bike Serotta Ottrott
* what's in your stable? Gunnar CX, Look 695, Aeroad, borrowed Bianchi Infinito
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 50mph, La Crosse Wisconsin
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? about 5000 on the road, about 2500 indoors
* picture of yourself or your ride?
* make up and answer at least one additional question. most cats at once? 13--we've fostered lots of cats in a local rescue so there was a rotating cast of them moving through at any given time.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told -- next month, no bike related purchases
* and, something fun. table tennis club!
* How did you find the paceline Forum? through a friend
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 69acbf79-728e-4f45-ac0d-d40901e4453b.jpg (85.5 KB, 326 views)
Old 01-12-2023, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstateglfr View Post
* real name- mike
* where do you live- grew up in chicago burbs, now in iowa
* explanation of your handle- had it since the late 90s when I decided to go to Mississippi State for a golf program.
* explanation of your avatar- a tattoo on my leg.
* age- 41.
* occupation- contract negotiation and management for a school district.
* favorite bike- handbuilt from a class I took in '18
* what's in your stable- handbuilt road bike 2x11, Fairlight Secan gravel, '89 Tange 1 road bike with 2x11, Black Mountain Cycles MC in 3x9 commute setup, '97 Cannondale CAAD3 with 2x11, a bunch of frames that I need to build.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when?- I think 44mph on a hill in NE Iowa during Ragbrai 2016.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year- 2600mi out of 3200?...I dont really pay too close attention and do include a gravel bike as road miles since gravel roads are roads. The rest is probably zwift miles.
* and, something fun- I coach girls HS volleyball and help run a non-profit youth mentorship program that uses cycling to connect kids and adults.
* How did you find the paceline Forum- no idea, but google is a fair guess.

Me during RAGBRAI last year. The youth cycling program trains for 5 months then completes RAGBRAI. This was taken on tutu-tuesday.
No need to explain; what you do on your off time is up to you.
Old 01-23-2023, 12:05 PM
Vendor

Occupation: Specialty toy store owner-operator in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia the late fall-winter; bike shop owner-operator in the central/shore area of NJ in the spring, summer, and early fall.
Current bikes: Giant TCR SL 0 (stock build); Giant Revolt Advanced built w/Enve G23's and Ekar; Norco Section S steel frame, custom painted metallic pavo purple, Ekar, G23 wheels. In the process of building a Boomers bamboo bike with parts stripped from a Giant Revolt Advanced 2.
First bike I ever bought for myself: Specialized Sirrus.
First roadie-road bike: Jamis Xenith SL.
Gravel or road? Both, preferably in one ride.
What else do I do? Hooboy: Hiking. Kayaking. Photography (nothing fancy). Basketball. Inline skating. Reading. Writing. Playing point-and-click adventure games on the PC and writing reviews for them on Adventuregamehotspot.com . Arts and crafts. Dance Dance Revolution when the weather is not conducive to hiking, kayaking, or bike riding...or just for fun in the evenings. Playing with and reviewing toys, board games, and fun stuff in general (youtube.com/@playfavorites8) .
Best loop: Jeremiah Bishop's Alpine Loop Fondo --the 'Alpine' version.
Dream ride: Denali National Park Road, 2 day out and back. Waiting for the landslide at ~mile 50 to be cleared, so hopefully this will become a reality in 2024.
Next bike: The 2023 Giant Propel SL 0.
Current dream bike that is only a dream: I'd really like a posh, lightweight, performance oriented stainless (or not stainless) steel bike. Disc brakes, 35mm tire clearance. Snappy on pavement, capable and stable on dirt and gravel. In a beautiful color blocking paint job of purple, green, and sky blue.

The bike in the one picture is the custom Norco. The fella on my shirt in the other picture explains my username. Baron Blubba.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3151.jpg (150.0 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpg 4fb21e9d-5c7f-45a0-869a-8b1b7e2eb36a.jpg (76.7 KB, 240 views)
Old 01-23-2023, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Blubba View Post
The bike in the one picture is the custom Norco. The fella on my shirt in the other picture explains my username. Baron Blubba.
Mike, welcome to the forum! Great purple bike, and backstory was cool.

But where did you get the template for the questions?

I do respect someone who marches to their own beat, though, and a great post, so it plays
Old 01-23-2023, 02:48 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlucci1106 View Post
Mike, welcome to the forum! Great purple bike, and backstory was cool.

But where did you get the template for the questions?

I do respect someone who marches to their own beat, though, and a great post, so it plays
Thanks. I didn't know there was an official template, but I looked at what other folks were doing and did a little adding and subtracting.

Here are another couple of pics of the purple bike. One of them has a much improved version of the paint job. I love photographing this bike.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3144.jpg (148.9 KB, 218 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4151.jpg (141.7 KB, 217 views)