Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-23-2024, 08:39 AM

Raveman Lights

I was at a LBS and saw these bike lights that I have not heard of.
Anyone use or know anything about these lights?
The LBS had a large selection of these and said they seem just as good as the other major brands that they sell.
https://www.ravemen.com/
Old 06-23-2024, 08:46 AM

I have the FR160.Works well. Garmin mounts on top.
Old 06-23-2024, 09:03 AM

I have a couple FR160’s. One I modified to mount on the bottom of a Garmin mount. They have good battery life and I like the more aero styling/Garmin integration.
Old 06-23-2024, 09:37 AM

work good

and since they stack on top of or underneath your Garmin you gain some top of bar space if you need it.
Old 06-23-2024, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmla320 View Post
I have the FR160.Works well. Garmin mounts on top.
I have this one, too. Wahoo version. I really like it. Frees up space on the bars
Old 06-23-2024, 09:51 AM

I have an FR160. I like the concept but mine makes an annoying rattle. I've tried it on a couple different mounts with varied results. It is rattle free on the Garmin mount that attaches to your stem or bars with O-rings. It rattles on 3 different out front mounts. 2 mounts were Garmin official mounts and the other is a K-edge.
Old 06-23-2024, 10:39 AM

The people in our group that have them, generally like them. I think that I am going to buy one. Its a good bright light and seems to work well. The Garmin mount is nice.

Last edited by rnhood; 06-23-2024 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-23-2024, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaMtbRider View Post
I have an FR160. I like the concept but mine makes an annoying rattle. I've tried it on a couple different mounts with varied results. It is rattle free on the Garmin mount that attaches to your stem or bars with O-rings. It rattles on 3 different out front mounts. 2 mounts were Garmin official mounts and the other is a K-edge.
I've fixed the rattle on some of my mounts by simply adding a layer or two of electrical tape to the inside bottom of the mount, over the tabs that lock the light into place.
Just cut a square of tape that fits into the bottom of the mount and stick in place. Simple fix.
Old 06-23-2024, 12:42 PM
Vendor

I use and have sold many of the one that goes under the Garmin. Works great. I've experienced battery life in the 5-6 hour range on blinking mode, and several people approaching from the opposite direction (cyclists, pedestrians, drivers) have told me how bright it is. Won't light up the road, but definitely helps one be noticed.
Old 06-24-2024, 10:40 AM

A couple of use do gravel rides at night on a closed road and I think the
PR 200 or PR 2400 would work great for this application. Im gonna go back to that LBS and pick up a one for the GB and probably a set for the RB.
Old 06-24-2024, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero85ZEN View Post
I've fixed the rattle on some of my mounts by simply adding a layer or two of electrical tape to the inside bottom of the mount, over the tabs that lock the light into place.
Just cut a square of tape that fits into the bottom of the mount and stick in place. Simple fix.
Thanks, I'll give this a try. Overall I like the light other than the annoying buzz.
Old 06-25-2024, 11:40 AM

Rarely ride at night, but when I do, I use a Ravemen CR1000. Battery life is better than I need it to be. The lens can be inverted (directs beam down a little bit so as not to blind oncoming traffic) so it can be mounted in any orientation. I've got mine bolted up under a computer/phone mount. Also has a metal casing, aluminum I think, that makes it feel quite sturdy.
Old 08-17-2024, 12:57 PM

update

There was some discussion of the potential for rattle due to a too loose connection between the Garmin and the light. That was absolutely not the case with my Garmin 1030 Plus with the traditional plastic connector on the Garmin. However with my new Edge 1040 and its aluminum connector the light definitely rattles when the Garmin is plugged into it and then both are plugged in one on top of the other into the Garmin bar mount. Maybe Garmin on top of mount and Raveman on the bottom?
Old 08-17-2024, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddief View Post
There was some discussion of the potential for rattle due to a too loose connection between the Garmin and the light. That was absolutely not the case with my Garmin 1030 Plus with the traditional plastic connector on the Garmin. However with my new Edge 1040 and its aluminum connector the light definitely rattles when the Garmin is plugged into it and then both are plugged in one on top of the other into the Garmin bar mount. Maybe Garmin on top of mount and Raveman on the bottom?
No rattle using a Bolt, either
Old 08-17-2024, 04:06 PM
Shrimp123

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero85ZEN View Post
I have a couple FR160’s. One I modified to mount on the bottom of a Garmin mount. They have good battery life and I like the more aero styling/Garmin integration.
Could you please share some details of the modifications?