Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-09-2021, 05:13 PM

Oh Happy Lucky "Repair" Day !

I figured I better put "Repair" in title or someone would immediately think another pig hit me

What happened? Well today half way into ride I shifted to the big ring & Pop I knew without looking I had snapped the front derailleur cable

I knew because I had been meaning to change it as it was frayed near the derailleur & I had already snipped a few strands these past months while cleaning...always thinking yeah I need to change it
I had the new cable ready but was just lazy

Anyway I say Lucky repair wise because when I got home & went to repair it I thought Oh boy I had just put new White Fizik Microtex on a few weeks ago & will now likely mess that up taking it off etc etc

Well after cutting bad part of cable off & feeding it out of the down tube (inner sleeve was fine) I gave it a push towards lever (Campy Potenza) I noticed it was so smooth that maybe??

Yes it did!! I was able to push it out & feed in the new without removing bar tape or handlebar outer cable section....Hahaha little things in life make me so happy these days

Last edited by flying; 07-09-2021 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-09-2021, 05:27 PM
ZhugeLiang

Good job flying pal, this has happened to me more than once...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, just gotta give it a try, think positive.
Old 07-09-2021, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
Good job flying pal, this has happened to me more than once...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, just gotta give it a try, think positive.
Thanks Buddy glad to hear this can happen Sure makes small work of it & simplified the task.
Old 07-09-2021, 05:48 PM

Then there's the times that Murphy's Law is fully in effect--like a couple of weeks ago--this is the picture of the bottom end of my truck, after I fought to remove the oil pan to chase down the 10mm socket that slipped out of my fingers, and bounced into the only passage in the valve area that was large enough for it to disappear down...

tink, tink, tink--oh crap...

(Socket is the shiny bit, bottom right between the edge of the block and the reinforcing web (crankshaft journals etc above)...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg socket.jpg (88.6 KB, 93 views)

Last edited by paredown; 07-09-2021 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-09-2021, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paredown View Post
Then there's the times that Murphy's Law is fully in effect--
tink, tink, tink--oh crap...
(Socket is the shiny bit, bottom right between the edge of the block and the reinforcing web (crankshaft journals etc above)...
Heheh thanks for the smiles & hope it didnt side track you too long fishing that out