Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-01-2021, 04:51 PM
The bass playing cyclist

Like jbay, I had a problem removing the chuck from Presta valves. Solved the problem with a Schrader adapter. I shot a short review video (linked below) which also shows how it fits in a jersey pocket (I don't have any issues riding with it in a pocket). I do find it to be better made and easier to use than the Lezyne, with the exception of the issue removing it from Presta valves.

Review video link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuTSaY8dCis
Old 02-02-2021, 06:25 AM

I used mine with my Ritchey Break-Away when traveling, great pump. It now lives on my gravel bike. I use a NLA Topeak frame pump on my steel frame road bike and prefer the full size frame pump but the Silca is a close second. Excellent

I also have a love/hate relationship with Silca. I find their marketing too polished, with far more hyperbole than substance, a good product speaks for itself. With that said, the Tattico is an excellent product.

While working at a shop I was able to play with a lot of pumps as it seems a new wave would hit our shelves every season. Most are completely ineffective and I believe manufacturers get away with selling them because most never get used. The Tattico is one I never hesitated recommending.

I don’t understand the need for Bluetooth, particularly at the expense. These small pumps are meant to be used in emergencies/roadside repairs. Getting the tire pumped up in order to continue on. Bluetooth PSI to me is another example of Silca over engineering a product for the sake of over engineering.
Old 02-02-2021, 06:58 AM
aka RAEKWON

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

I do like the silca Tattico, its a great point but let it be knows that frame pumps are far superior.

They will pump faster. They will pump better. They look amazing. They make you faster. They give you the most style (by far).

Silca, I know you are there... I know you read this.... You know that a lot of us are not a fan of the Impero... Please make a Tattico frame pump. Keep it under $100. Maybe offer it in different colors.
Old 02-02-2021, 11:40 AM
Shifty Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

I do like the silca Tattico, its a great point but let it be knows that frame pumps are far superior.

They will pump faster. They will pump better. They look amazing. They make you faster. They give you the most style (by far).

Silca, I know you are there... I know you read this.... You know that a lot of us are not a fan of the Impero... Please make a Tattico frame pump. Keep it under $100. Maybe offer it in different colors.
That would be nice and maybe in white to match my DeSalvo. Also, I have the newest version of the Tattico with bluetooth and actually love it for my gravel bike. Have to ride out to gravel spots, so it's nice to have high pressure and then drop it down to acceptable gravel (and see the actual pressure) and then back up again.
Old 02-02-2021, 11:44 AM

Why is the tactico better than the impero?
I think impero looks the business, but also, i have heard about seal not working, leaving people stranded because this or the other wasnt lubricated. whole point of frame pump is to be there when you need it.
I have a zefal HPX I modified to be a little less ugly and that so far has been my best solution. Clearly its possible to make a reliable frame pump for not much $. If it had zefal innards/decadal reliability with 0 maintenance and silca aesthetics, it would be a winner.
Old 02-02-2021, 12:19 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by skouri1 View Post
Why is the tactico better than the impero?
I think impero looks the business, but also, i have heard about seal not working, leaving people stranded because this or the other wasnt lubricated. whole point of frame pump is to be there when you need it.
I have a zefal HPX I modified to be a little less ugly and that so far has been my best solution. Clearly its possible to make a reliable frame pump for not much $. If it had zefal innards/decadal reliability with 0 maintenance and silca aesthetics, it would be a winner.
the impero honks. Its way too expensive and doesn't function great. You have to force it into the valve, there is no way to keep it in the valve but you pushing it in there. It makes pumping very awkward and usually will bend the tip of the valve. The best apart about the tattico is the way it clamps into the valve and with the extension tube thing (sorry all the words escaping me today) it makes pumping so easy.