Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2020, 02:26 PM
Peter Pan Oath adherent

Ranges in MA were closed when this started

Governor included them in essential business list the other day and then removed them again about 2 hours later.

Today the AG declared that shoos, owners, clubs, and ranges were “a threat to public safety”.

Not good here at all.

BK

Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:29 PM

Haven't gone in the past few weeks, but I just bought a Sig P229 so I need to break it in. Not to go tangential, but it looks like they're moving away from the alloy frame, hammer style of pistol to the polymer frame, striker fired pistol. So I figured I would get one of these, and possibly a P220, before they stop making them.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:32 PM
PegoNagos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce K View Post

Governor included them in essential business list the other day and then removed them again about 2 hours later.

Today the AG declared that shoos, owners, clubs, and ranges were “a threat to public safety”.

Not good here at all.

BK
This blows my mind....
Old 04-02-2020, 02:36 PM

Our governor came up with a very long list of essential services that includes nail and hair salons and gun stores. The gun stores are doing huge business.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:

Not good here at all.

BK
They should close the highways too if they are really concerned about public safety. A Massachusetts driver is 100 more dangerous than a legal gun owner.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFC View Post
Our governor came up with a very long list of essential services that includes nail and hair salons and gun stores. The gun stores are doing huge business.
I previously posted in a different thread that many retailers are boarding up their shops in anticipation of rioting/looting. If this goes on for longer than expected, I think we will probably see such activity, although I certainly hope not. The fact that gun stores are doing such a large amount of business suggests that many other people might think so, too.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:43 PM
Small ring

Scottsdale law:

Sec. 19-7. - Discharge of weapons.

(a)

No person shall, within the city limits, fire or discharge any firearm, including but not limited to an air gun, BB gun, pellet gun, dart gun, gas operated gun or other similar gun or instrument. This section does not apply to the use of any such gun or instrument by:

(1)

A law enforcement officer or other duly authorized public official or employee in the performance of any official duty.

(2)

Licensed shooting galleries.

(3)

Any person to whom a license, permit or authority is issued by the chief of police for the use of such gun or instrument for a valid and proper purpose and for use in a manner not likely to harm any person, animal or property.

(4)

Any person when used only for the necessary protection of property, habitation, or person in a manner authorized by the laws of the state or under or within rights guaranteed by the Constitution of the state or of the United States.

(b)

Every person convicted of a violation of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and shall forfeit to the chief of police the gun or instrument so fired or discharged.

(c)

Every officer upon making any arrest and taking weapons used in violation of this section shall deliver the same to the city judge to be held by him until the final determination of the prosecution for the offense. Upon a finding of guilty, the judge shall deliver the weapon forthwith to the chief of police who shall make disposition of the weapon in the manner prescribed by chapter 23, article III.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:46 PM

Quote:

Not good here at all.

BK
whenever i think of MA and guns shows i think about the 8 year old with the uzi

i mean how could i forget something like that
Old 04-02-2020, 02:47 PM

Quote:
These air pistols are going to get a lot of use over the next couple of months. The public ranges in the metro area are closed indefinately. The private indoor range I normally go to is connected to a large and very busy gun store. I'm not going there for a while.

Makes perfect sense, it's all of the fun with none of the hassle (i.e., excessive noise, high cost of ammunition, need to clean the pistol). You can even set a range up in your basement if local ordinances prohibit shooting in your back yard. There is absolutely nothing to not like about it.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmudshark View Post
Scottsdale law:

(a)

No person shall, within the city limits, fire or discharge any firearm, including but not limited to an air gun, BB gun, pellet gun, dart gun, gas operated gun or other similar gun or instrument. This section does not apply to the use of any such gun or instrument by:

(1)

A law enforcement officer or other duly authorized public official or employee in the performance of any official duty.

(2)

(3)

Any person to whom a license, permit or authority is issued by the chief of police for the use of such gun or instrument for a valid and proper purpose and for use in a manner not likely to harm any person, animal or property.

(4)

Any person when used only for the necessary protection of property, habitation, or person in a manner authorized by the laws of the state or under or within rights guaranteed by the Constitution of the state or of the United States.

(b)

Every person convicted of a violation of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and shall forfeit to the chief of police the gun or instrument so fired or discharged.

(c)

Every officer upon making any arrest and taking weapons used in violation of this section shall deliver the same to the city judge to be held by him until the final determination of the prosecution for the offense. Upon a finding of guilty, the judge shall deliver the weapon forthwith to the chief of police who shall make disposition of the weapon in the manner prescribed by chapter 23, article III.
I am aware of this. Have been shooting air guns in my walled backyard for years. Neighbors know and are fine with it. Scottsdale LEO's I've talked to about this tell me that the only way they will get involved is if there is a complaint and then they come to your house and tell you not to do it anymore. No confiscation or citation. They have more important things to do.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmudshark View Post
Scottsdale law:

(a)

(1)

(2)

(3)

(4)

(b)

(c)

Wow. We're open carry with no license out here in the wild west so kind of the other end of the spectrum. I have no idea if the gun stores can be open here or not. Shelter and arm yourself in place is kinda the law of the land.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:52 PM

to arizona posters

I thought Arizona had open carry. Is that not so?
Old 04-02-2020, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickdoc View Post
Wow. We're open carry with no license out here in the wild west so kind of the other end of the spectrum. I have no idea if the gun stores can be open here or not. Shelter and arm yourself in place is kinda the law of the land.
Actually, it is the same here. AZ is an open carry and constitutional concealed carry state. No CCW required, although I do have one.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Panic buying. How else will you protect your toilet paper?
Old 04-02-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
panic buying. How else will you protect your toilet paper?
lol!!!
Closed Thread