Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-14-2018, 12:12 AM
Descent fitness

I have one on my Vetta Columbus Max frame
Old 12-14-2018, 11:05 AM

Billato made pre-Trek LeMond frames too.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Bear View Post
Billato made pre-Trek LeMond frames too.
don't recall ever seeing that flag on any Billato built Lemonds.i have team z tsx that I purchased new in 1992
I do have a Concorde that has that flag though.what would call that? "embossed" maybe
Old 12-15-2018, 05:31 PM

Ive only seen the rectangular flag , that's what I'm talking about. Geez they're multiplying as we speak. Bilatto makes a lot of frames on the down low, top secret. Im thinking maybe an actual builder makes some of they're own frames and Bilatto makes some too depending on who knows what. Its so confusion.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw3759 View Post
don't recall ever seeing that flag on any Billato built Lemonds.i have team z tsx that I purchased new in 1992
I do have a Concorde that has that flag though.what would call that? "embossed" maybe
I'll agree. None of my Billato built Lemonds have it.

Of course the Lemonds were an "American" brand so they probably would spec the Italian flag on their frames.

My Ciocc doesn't have it either but I'm not sure who the actual builder on it was.

I have 6 confirmed Billato built bikes, either Lemonds or Giordana's. One common theme is a rear brake bridge like this.

Old 12-15-2018, 11:18 PM

My Rossin Record has this same brake bridge with Rossin logos, believe it is a standard piece done by Silva and used by many builders.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_sasso View Post
My Rossin Record has this same brake bridge with Rossin logos, believe it is a standard piece done by Silva and used by many builders.
True, even shows that on the bottom of some of them. Just seems to be a used a lot by Billato too. Folks sometimes think the name on the bottom means the frame was specifically done by Silvano Billato not realizing it's just a manufacturer of braze on parts.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:54 PM

Ive heard about the brake bridge of a Bilatto built bike...so that's it eh? Funny i noticed the 'flags' on frames around the time of PDM frame production for the team rides. This is just me though. I don't really know when Bilatto or whoever started to do this as a standard practice. The feeling i have is it just became incorporated into the frame building sorta happen stance then consistently. i could be wrong, don't know. Bilatto built high end for lots of names without a flag for long time. Then they started to show up it seems.
Old 12-16-2018, 07:02 PM

now that i processed it....thats not how to identify a Billato built frame. Its the the brake bridge manufacturer. Its so confusion.