Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-13-2018, 12:29 PM

OT - Crazy junk email ......No need to be heroic

I got this crazy email today .......

No need to be heroic

I write you to inform you that my recruited person has hidden an explosive device (Hexogen) in the building where your business is located. It is assembled according to my guide. It can be hidden anywhere because of its small size, it is impossible to destroy the supporting building structure by this bomb, but in the case of its detonation you will get many victims.
My man keeps the territory under the control. If he sees any unnatural behavior or emergency he will power the device.
I can call off my man if you pay. 20'000 usd is the value for your life and business. Tansfer it to me in Bitcoin and I assure that I have to withdraw my mercenary and the bomb won't detonate. But do not try to cheat- my warranty will become valid only after 3 confirmations in blockchain network.

It is my Bitcoin address : 1BHasGex1jhRZeY7KyUGGKUNRtVg......

You have to pay me by the end of the working day. If you are late with the payment explosive will detonate.
Nothing personal this is just a business, if you don’t transfer me the bitcoin and the explosive device detonates, next time other companies will pay me more money, because it isnt a one-time action.
For my safety, I will no longer visit this email. I check my wallet every thirty minutes and if I see the money I will give the command to my recruited person to leave your area.

If an explosion occurred and the authorities read this email- We are not the terrorist society and dont assume any liability for explosions in other places.

Old 12-13-2018, 12:37 PM

IMO, contact FBI. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.00.........
Old 12-13-2018, 12:38 PM
extremely tall

Like I said, I check the account every 30 minutes...
Old 12-13-2018, 12:41 PM
Randomhead

would be a lot more effective if they listed the address
Old 12-13-2018, 12:42 PM
Classics Fan

Seems friendly enough. More polite than most ebay sellers. Would pay ransom again, 10/10.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:43 PM

What is society coming to? Now even terrorists won't accept cash?
Old 12-13-2018, 01:05 PM

Using Occam's Razor, which is cheaper, easier, and carries less risk if caught:

1) Creating a bomb, recruiting someone to plant and monitor the bomb inside a business building, corresponding with someone inside the building for a ransom, and then having the bomb disarmed/removed after the ransom is paid;

or

2) Creating a fake email with just enough detail to sound authentic, and then sending it to many, many email addresses from an existing list of email addresses, hoping that at least one receiver take it seriously and actually pay the ransom.

If I were a cyber criminal, I know which I'd pick. Also, I'd set the ransom value high enough to ensure a profit, but not so high that it could cause delays or require many people (and investigation) to be involved in getting it paid.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:27 PM
Randomhead

the local police just put out a press release that several bomb threats have been received today in this county alone. Wonder if the scammer over-reached.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:28 PM

Rescue service will complicate the situation

Must be legit, I just got this one, my guy is using TNT so he probably ran out of RDX. Better safe than sorry so I'm going to shelter in place at a Motel 6 just out of the blast zone.
===================================

There is the explosive device (tronitrotoluene) in the building where your business is conducted. My man built an explosive device according to my guide. It has small dimensions and it is covered up very well, it can not destroy the structure of the building, but you will get many victims in the case of its detonation.
My recruited person is watching the situation around the building. If any suspicious behavior, panic or cop is noticed he will blow up the device.
I can call off my recruited person if you make a transfer. You transfer me 20.000 $ in BTC and explosive will not detonate, but don't try to cheat -I warrant you that I have to call off my man solely after 3 confirmations in blockchain network.

Here is my BTC address - 1AgKqK3LHyJuLKzbK2wd4nuxAJ2GJ84maZ

You have to send money by the end of the workday, if the working day is over and people start leaving the building explosive will detonate.
This is just a business, if you don’t transfer me the bitcoin and an explosive device detonates, next time other commercial enterprises will pay me a lot more, because it is not a one-time action.
I will not log into this email account. I check my address every thirty minutes and after seeing the transaction I will give the command to my mercenary to leave your area.

If an explosive device blows up and the authorities see this email!
We are not terrorists and dont assume liability for acts of terrorism in other buildings.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:31 PM

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/nati...502713491.html

Quote:
In a statement released just after 3 p.m. ET, the FBI said it was "aware of the recent bomb threats made in cities around the country, and we remain in touch with our law enforcement partners to provide assistance."

In New York City, Bronx Science said it evacuated its building at 11 a.m. after it received a bomb threat by phone. The school said students were "well supervised at neighboring schools."
Old 12-13-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlC View Post
If an explosion occurred and the authorities read this email- We are not the terrorist society and dont assume any liability for explosions in other places.
i absolutely adore that they put in a limitation of liability.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:38 PM

^^ They had to, it's an EU requirement.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:38 PM
Randomhead

would any information be transmitted in the bitcoin transaction about which bomb not to blow up? Seems like a major hole in the story
Old 12-13-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unterhausen View Post
the local police just put out a press release that several bomb threats have been received today in this county alone. Wonder if the scammer over-reached.
When the nice agents from the FBI visit, he/she will certainly have second thoughts about what a great idea this was.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:47 PM
Peter Pan Oath adherent

News is reporting a bunch of these in MA today as well.

BK

Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.